ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
Moon84
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:53 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Moon84 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:21 pm

be123+ wrote:
sunnysunny1994 wrote:
ukpostgrad wrote:
sunnysunny1994 wrote:Is there any recent approval ILR(LR)???. waiting since 10 months after i received exceptional complex issues.
I have seen many people asking questions but not all sharing their success story
Well, I have read your message, Honestly, i approached two Mps, waiting for reply from second MP. If you ask someone you will get different opinions of different people. Do whatever most people advice you. If you like to involve your Mp, go for that as i did. Rest all up to you. May be some senior member give you good advice if they like to give. Do you know anyone who has/have received recent approval??. I have had chat with one of top solicitor and he said there is possibility that people waiting for their ILR will get interview or decision after Easter as HO do audit in April to show numbers of immigration to government. Rest God knows.
Hi sunnysunny1994 and ukpostgrad

I received a letter stating a complex issues. I am assuming it's a templated letter which is sent out to many applicants. I am hoping that they can process as soon as possible. I heard from solicitors that they are overstretched the work and don't have enough worker to process the applications. But again, it's really so subjective as we don't really know what's going on inside the home office.

Would be grateful if you can share your applications process timeline. Is it a straight forward applications?

Thanks
Hi be123+,
could you please explain some more details about your case like what was your current visa are you self-employed and you had any tax amendments because I am in same boat. thanks

be123+
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by be123+ » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi Moon84,

I wasn't and am not self employed. It's pretty straight forward. My current is still valid until 2018. There is no tax amendments as it's just 10 year long residence application.

What about you? Did you receive a similar letter?

Thank you

Be123+

hhe
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by hhe » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:29 am

Hi:
I have applied for ILR 10 years route on 1st Dec.
Biometric done 13th Jan.
Still waiting. Is it normal ?
Anyone else still waiting of Dec application ?

Thanks.

eoo10
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by eoo10 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi hhe,

We both more or less share the same time line except that your biometric was done earlier than mine. initial postal early application was 23rd Nov. I was later sent a letter that that my payment could not be processed and I was required to pay again given a deadline so I sent my new payment on 14th of December Biometric was given on 23rd of January and I am also still waiting. I was once praying for caseworker not to attend to my case owing to my early application (3) months early and now I'm seriously praying for the caseworker to make decisions(lol) Let's see what will happen before the end of this week.

dodewerk
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by dodewerk » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Hi there,

I hope anyone may help with this questions. I am working towards my application for the SET(LR), and
have some questions.

I came here in September 2005 with a 1 year student visa and then reentered in September 2006 for my BA on a longer student visa. I studied until 2010, and then applied for the 2 year post-work visa and became a family member of an eea national in 2012 till current. See my timeline below.

1. If I were to count the number of days in the 11 years and half I have been in the U.K, I will exceed the days away limit. I plan to start counting my 10 years from when I was issued my second student visa on September 2006. Does that make sense?

2.I had a biometric card when I extended my student visa in 2010 BUT I can't seem to find it. However, I have my post-study work permit biometric card issued in 2011, and letters from my university stating I was a student in 2010, including letters to the visa office for my then visa extension application. Will this be enough? I did not make a police report because I have just realised this and the card is now obsolete - should I file a report now?

3. From 03/07/2012, since becoming a family member of an EEA national, I have to provide that my partner has been in employment. I have all his p60s except for 2012, but a couple of pays slips from months in that year. I have most of the monthly payslips from 2015-2017, but there are some months missing from the earlier years. Will this documentation be sufficient or can you advise other forms of documentations that might help?

19/09/2005-21/10/2006: Student visa
10/09/2006- 31/01/2010: Student Visa
01/02/2010- 06/03/2011 - Student Visa Extension – BUT Biometric card lost
07/03/2011-07/03/2013: Post Study Work Resident Permit granted.
03/07/2012– current: Family Member of an EEA National
17/09/2013: Residence Card issued
8/05/2017 - application for SET (LR)

THANK YOU in advance, or even for reading this.

Good luck everyone!!!

profola
Newly Registered
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:00 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by profola » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:05 am

Please can someone help me out... My timeline is as shown below....
Came in May 2007 as student..,
PSW Oct 2010 - Oct 2012..,
LR(M) March 2013 - Sep 2015
FLR (M).....Applied July 2015..... Was held until Jan 2017
Jan 2017 requested for more documents which was sent on time
Feb 2017 requested for interview which we attended...,
March 2017... received letter saying they hope to treat the application within 8 weeks but might be longer as my case raise a complex issue :!: :!: :!: :!: .......
But up till now no respond from the case worker.
My Question is this..... with 28 days grace period i should be qualified for ILR by April 2017.
PLEASE should i varied the application or i should wait for their decision.
Also am thinking of doing the premium service as i could not bear to wait further months again...
Please i need help.
Thanks

Chief786
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:02 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Chief786 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:35 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and thought to share my timeline and other details. Home office failed to send me the complex case letter / failed to inform me that home office was unable to make a decision in 6 months that's why I did send home office a pre-action protocol. Home office replied back apologised and said that home office will be dealing with my case as a priority but unable to give me a deadline. So I'm still waiting already lost one of my jobs. Social life totally finished no money and no girls talk to me nomore.

Applied for SET LR : 06 September 2016
Tax amendments : NO and all tax already paid on time.
Contacted MP : waiting for MP to write home office a letter
HSMP extensions : needed 40,000 so 32,000 employed and 10,000 self employed
HSMP last extension : All the companies I have done business with are still active and still doing business.

be123+
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by be123+ » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:45 pm

Chief786 wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and thought to share my timeline and other details. Home office failed to send me the complex case letter / failed to inform me that home office was unable to make a decision in 6 months that's why I did send home office a pre-action protocol. Home office replied back apologised and said that home office will be dealing with my case as a priority but unable to give me a deadline. So I'm still waiting already lost one of my jobs. Social life totally finished no money and no girls talk to me nomore.

Applied for SET LR : 06 September 2016
Tax amendments : NO and all tax already paid on time.
Contacted MP : waiting for MP to write home office a letter
HSMP extensions : needed 40,000 so 32,000 employed and 10,000 self employed
HSMP last extension : All the companies I have done business with are still active and still doing business.
Hi.

It seems that the HO has a long back log cases and I can see on this forum that there are not many people on this forum which have been approved/granted/ received any outcome since last year.

justinuk81
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:48 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by justinuk81 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:29 am

geriatrix wrote:Please do not post queries regarding dependants (PBS / Non-PBS) of someone applying for SET(LR) in this topic. Read this topic (click) and post any queries that you may have regarding dependants in the Immigration for family members forum.

This topic is only for queries about "settlement under long residence" route. Please post your SET(LR) queries here.



Apply to settle in the UK: long residence
Form SET(LR)
English language requirements for settlement
Long Residence guidance
Immigration rules 276A - 276D
Hi Immigration forum experts, i apply for 10 years long term resident in crydon today, 3year student visa+2years psw+3.5 years T1 G+1.5 years Spouse visa.
case worker ask me to fill in a form regarding about my sel employ tax, i remember that final question is ask about that do i ever admend my tax return ? i fill in no.
about 15 minutes after i hand in the form, case worker tell me that he can not give me the decision today,because HMRC can not provide the information straitaway.
i think i got some Tax problems when i am in T 1 G, so the question is that:
1) do i still got chance to get ILR approved? my husband and 3 children all get british passport.
2) if case worker refused my ILR application, my current spouse visa still valid or not? i can still extend my spouse visa next year or not?
3) does my husband's passport will be cancelled or not because he used to be my T1 G dependant.
4) under this case ,would i be better to withdraw my ILR application or make a challenge to waiting for the result?

PS . the Tax problem under T1 G : 1/10/2010--31/09/2011 net income 38000, self employ,get T1 G approved, but my account not handing this figer to HMRC staitaway. he handing the tax return on 05/04/2012 which financial year end, however at that time, between 01/10/2011--05/04/2012 my company got some spends,it cause net income reduce to 28000. so this is i confused that when i apply for T1 G , at that time i meet financial requirement ,however ,because account handing the tax return on 05 april, it cause my net income beblow the T1 G financial requirement, is it the problem?

thanks everyone

justinuk81
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:48 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by justinuk81 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:14 am

justinuk81 wrote:
geriatrix wrote:Please do not post queries regarding dependants (PBS / Non-PBS) of someone applying for SET(LR) in this topic. Read this topic (click) and post any queries that you may have regarding dependants in the Immigration for family members forum.

This topic is only for queries about "settlement under long residence" route. Please post your SET(LR) queries here.



Apply to settle in the UK: long residence

Form SET(LR)
English language requirements for settlement
Long Residence guidance
Immigration rules 276A - 276D
Hi Immigration forum experts, i apply for 10 years long term resident in crydon today, 3year student visa+2years psw+3.5 years T1 G+1.5 years Spouse visa.
case worker ask me to fill in a form regarding about my sel employ tax, i remember that final question is ask about that do i ever admend my tax return ? i fill in no.
about 15 minutes after i hand in the form, case worker tell me that he can not give me the decision today,because HMRC can not provide the information straitaway.
i think i got some Tax problems when i am in T 1 G, so the question is that:
1) do i still got chance to get ILR approved? my husband and 3 children all get british passport.
2) if case worker refused my ILR application, my current spouse visa still valid or not? i can still extend my spouse visa next year or not?
3) does my husband's passport will be cancelled or not because he used to be my T1 G dependant.

Withdraw the application or make a challenge to wai
4) under this case ,would i be better to withdraw my ILR application or make a challenge to waiting for the result?

PS . the Tax problem under T1 G : 1/10/2010--31/09/2011 net income 38000, self employ,get T1 G approved, but my account not handing this figer to HMRC staitaway. he handing the tax return on 05/04/2012 which financial year end, however at that time, between 01/10/2011--05/04/2012 my company got some spends,it cause net income reduce to 28000. so this is i confused that when i apply for T1 G , at that time i meet financial requirement ,however ,because account handing the tax return on 05 april, it cause my net income beblow the T1 G financial requirement, is it the problem?

thanks everyone
withdraw the application or make a challenge to waiting for the result? hard decision ,make me crazy,!!

faysal_cu
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:01 pm
Bangladesh

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by faysal_cu » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi , I need ur valuable advice guys.

I apply set lr on 10 years route on 3rd november 2016. done my Bio on 09-12-2016. after that no contact from home office. i did sent a letter on 03-04-2017 after five month of my application and they didn't get back to me. i never been refuse and into tier 2 or tier 1 category. my last visa status was tier 4 and my ilr application was varied of set o application. now my six month will be finish on 02-05-2017. i did sent an email to my local MP to contact to home office to get update of my application as they hvn't reply of my previous letter. the problem is my local MP will resign on next week as snap election coming. so guys do u think it will be wise to contact to the home office through local MP by next week or should i have to give them more time ( i hope case worker don't take it personally and give and bad decision on my case). its really frustrating that six month and they even don't bother to let us know whts going on. i really need ur advice. now anxious and just this killing me inside. thnx and wait for ur valuable advice.

regards
faysal.

hhe
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by hhe » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:03 am

Hi:

There are many people who are in same boat.
Myself applied in Dec, Bio done on 13 Jan. Still waiting. I am not sure why it's so delayed.

be123+
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by be123+ » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:21 pm

faysal_cu wrote:Hi , I need ur valuable advice guys.

I apply set lr on 10 years route on 3rd november 2016. done my Bio on 09-12-2016. after that no contact from home office. i did sent a letter on 03-04-2017 after five month of my application and they didn't get back to me. i never been refuse and into tier 2 or tier 1 category. my last visa status was tier 4 and my ilr application was varied of set o application. now my six month will be finish on 02-05-2017. i did sent an email to my local MP to contact to home office to get update of my application as they hvn't reply of my previous letter. the problem is my local MP will resign on next week as snap election coming. so guys do u think it will be wise to contact to the home office through local MP by next week or should i have to give them more time ( i hope case worker don't take it personally and give and bad decision on my case). its really frustrating that six month and they even don't bother to let us know whts going on. i really need ur advice. now anxious and just this killing me inside. thnx and wait for ur valuable advice.

regards
faysal.
Hi Faysal,

Did you receive any letter stating that it'll be more six months as it is complex issues?

I agree with hhe that many people are on the same boat. I think it's the fact many eu citizens are trying to get permanent status as well. Newspaper that they government received about 90k+ application in 2016 and this must be very long backlog for processing the application.


thanks

ishara123
Newly Registered
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by ishara123 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:44 pm

Hello Everyone,
Today I have received the following letter from Home Office

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances the target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, Unfortunately it appears that your application will not be processed within the 6 months target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect tot make a decision on your application by 24th July, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

My Time Line :

Applied on : 15th Nov 2016
Bio Metric Done : 28th Nov 2016
Currnet Status : Tier 1(General)

When I renewed the Visa last time, I have shown both Self Employed and Employed (PAYE) income and declared the correct self employment income on HMRC as it stated on Accountant Report. I have agreed to pay the Outstanding Tax through Monthly direct debit since December 2014.

Has any one got the similar letter ? I have been getting Automated Emails every month on 24th so and this letter also dated on 24th April.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Cute_stranger
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Cute_stranger » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:15 pm

Hello,

Please need some advise,my ilr is due in may-2017
Just a short intro regarding my case i came here as student in 2007 then got one more student extension after that got PSW the in 2014 i submited tier 1(enterprenure) application.and that application was refuse and i git appeal write and till now i am on appeal .i have done the life in the uk test. My pasport is still with home office can i submit my case without english language as to do language test they required pasport that is i dont have any advise?

User avatar
Archer1
Member of Standing
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:30 pm
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Archer1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:31 pm

If you have UK Degree than you dont need English language test.
Regards.

Cute_stranger
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Cute_stranger » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:13 pm

Thanks for the reply!!

well
Any other possibility apart from UK degree? If i send application without language or if i use the same day service but without language?

faysal_cu
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:01 pm
Bangladesh

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by faysal_cu » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:44 pm

be123+ wrote:
faysal_cu wrote:Hi , I need ur valuable advice guys.

I apply set lr on 10 years route on 3rd november 2016. done my Bio on 09-12-2016. after that no contact from home office. i did sent a letter on 03-04-2017 after five month of my application and they didn't get back to me. i never been refuse and into tier 2 or tier 1 category. my last visa status was tier 4 and my ilr application was varied of set o application. now my six month will be finish on 02-05-2017. i did sent an email to my local MP to contact to home office to get update of my application as they hvn't reply of my previous letter. the problem is my local MP will resign on next week as snap election coming. so guys do u think it will be wise to contact to the home office through local MP by next week or should i have to give them more time ( i hope case worker don't take it personally and give and bad decision on my case). its really frustrating that six month and they even don't bother to let us know whts going on. i really need ur advice. now anxious and just this killing me inside. thnx and wait for ur valuable advice.

regards
faysal.
Hi Faysal,

Did you receive any letter stating that it'll be more six months as it is complex issues?

I agree with hhe that many people are on the same boat. I think it's the fact many eu citizens are trying to get permanent status as well. Newspaper that they government received about 90k+ application in 2016 and this must be very long backlog for processing the application.


thanks
I hvn't receive any letter stating that it will be more six month as it is complex issues. i understand a huge number of application pending but its really disguasting while they took near about £2000.00 and give a shit about it. they should employee more people and deal with case very quick. its just wasting people time. 1/2 of the year or more . it just joking with people. i wish could give the feel how it feels to the home office. still i did try to upgrade but theysaid its not possibleto upgrade. stupid department.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78202
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:29 pm

Cute_stranger wrote:Thanks for the reply!!

well
Any other possibility apart from UK degree? If i send application without language or if i use the same day service but without language?
You are required to provide evidence of meeting the English language requirement whether you apply by post or in person. The fact that you have a UK degree means you do not have to do the B1 test, it doesn't mean having a UK degree means you do not have to meet the English requirement. If you were a student for a few years, surely you have a degree certificate you can submit???

If you do not submit proof of meeting the language requirement, your application will be refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chief786
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:02 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Chief786 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:28 am

Guys clearly something is going on behind the curtains. I keep sending UKVI emails an d they keep replying back with stupid answers. Actually the problem is this country is full there is no space here anymore. Now they are just trying to get rid of us. It's simple. So I will be grateful if home office stop all this drama and start making decisions. Anyway just a little update I have received an email from LIVSET10@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and it says sorry bla bla bla and some case worker will contact me in near future. I have been waiting for over 8 months. My friends going to Ibiza in a group full of fit birds but unfortunately I can't go. :oops: :( :oops:

Locked
cron