ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
Ilr201567
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:59 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Ilr201567 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:34 pm

Time line !
I am honestly getting fed up of this !

Initial set o applied january 2016
June 2016 - i was notified that they wanna interview
September 2016 - they sent me a date for my interview which was in october 2016
While this waiting ; completed 10years : varied my application to long reidency in october and also attended interview which was scheduled for me !

Its been more than 6 months for variation too and recieved a letter that they cant decide the case as it raises complex issues.

My understanding is that people who were on t1 general before and varied on lr ; there apps are on hold for some reason ! What reason only ukvi knows !

In my SAR which i ordered few months back which probably gave a lil indication that my interview was ok ! Not sure though!

So overall touching 16months almost and i am loosing patience !
I had been thinking if its a good idea for people like us to take this somewhere on media ; a combined ombudsman complain or something!
Lets get together guys ! I cannot say what will happen or if it would bring positive results or not ! But by sitting like this unfortunately its not doing any good to us !

Hope to hear from some of you soon !

Chief786
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:02 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Chief786 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:50 am

Ilr201567 wrote:Time line !
I am honestly getting fed up of this !

Initial set o applied january 2016
June 2016 - i was notified that they wanna interview
September 2016 - they sent me a date for my interview which was in october 2016
While this waiting ; completed 10years : varied my application to long reidency in october and also attended interview which was scheduled for me !

Its been more than 6 months for variation too and recieved a letter that they cant decide the case as it raises complex issues.

My understanding is that people who were on t1 general before and varied on lr ; there apps are on hold for some reason ! What reason only ukvi knows !

In my SAR which i ordered few months back which probably gave a lil indication that my interview was ok ! Not sure though!

So overall touching 16months almost and i am loosing patience !
I had been thinking if its a good idea for people like us to take this somewhere on media ; a combined ombudsman complain or something!
Lets get together guys ! I cannot say what will happen or if it would bring positive results or not ! But by sitting like this unfortunately its not doing any good to us !

Hope to hear from some of you soon !
It's terrible you have been waiting since last January it's a joke totally unfair.

Muhammad83
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:35 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Muhammad83 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi,

Applied on 4th October 2016, bio done 6 November
Still waiting received complex issue letter 20 April.

History,

Applied T1G on 30th Dec 2015, premium service Birmingham
Interview done same day questioner filled self employed before interview.

Anyway refused 5th May 2016, 322(5) and 245 CD.
Went for AR 322(5) removed
Completed 10 years went for 10 ILR

Waited six months no reply. Contacted MP, he said they told him they r looking into something in my previous applications, Solicitor saw e-mail and said they r considering re-applying 322(5).

Muhammad83
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:35 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Muhammad83 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:07 pm

I see very little hope as long as 'Theresa Mary May' is in the office. I have very strong case against them i will win Inshallah or they go to court.

Also I have seen see cases where now HO is looking into tears i which you don't have to show income. Why after visa is self-employed income drop after visa. Plus all T1G now getting refusal on 245CD i i they r saving 322 (5) for LR.

Muhammad83
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:35 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Muhammad83 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:14 pm

Hmrc is very busy tax r just ended they r not even answring. Calls. HO is busy With EU. Election r coming so I think ukv&I will wait for new government. So more delays for us

Moon84
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:53 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Moon84 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:32 pm

Muhammad83 wrote:I see very little hope as long as 'Theresa Mary May' is in the office. I have very strong case against them i will win Inshallah or they go to court.

Also I have seen see cases where now HO is looking into tears i which you don't have to show income. Why after visa is self-employed income drop after visa. Plus all T1G now getting refusal on 245CD i i they r saving 322 (5) for LR.
Hi Muhammad83,
you had any tax amendments in your previous applications and why they refused you on your tier 1 general application.

Muhammad83
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:35 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Muhammad83 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:39 pm

Refusal reason: showed income HO 44500 tax paid to Hmrc 35500, asked me why difference of 10,000. Explained everything in detail to case worker got satisfied kept application on hold for 5 months and refused on why difference of 10000. No amendment.

Muhammad83
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:35 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Muhammad83 » Mon May 01, 2017 2:43 pm

My requirement was 35000k for 20 point. Extension applications 12/13. No problem with initial T1G applications

tech0007
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by tech0007 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:53 pm

Muhammad83 wrote:I see very little hope as long as 'Theresa Mary May' is in the office. I have very strong case against them i will win Inshallah or they go to court.

Also I have seen see cases where now HO is looking into tears i which you don't have to show income. Why after visa is self-employed income drop after visa. Plus all T1G now getting refusal on 245CD i i they r saving 322 (5) for LR.
Hi , i got refusal under 245CD 19(I), (J). i was not awarded any points for my self employment. I didnt have tax issues. I have completed 10 years, do you think i can get ilr based on Set LR- having rejection with 245CD , 19(i), 19 (j)

Cute_stranger
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:51 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Cute_stranger » Mon May 01, 2017 9:58 pm

Hello I need some advise for documentation of ilr long 10yrs resident base.
I came here in 2007 on student visa then i apply for extension for student visa in 2010 then i apply for psw (2012)ectension and granted psw after in 2014 i apply for tier 1(enterprenure) which is refused and my psw time period was still left then i re apply the fresh application of tier1(enterprenur)which is also refused but i got the appeal right and from then till now i am on appeal. As i am planing to go same day service please advise what documents i need to take with me if some one in the same case situation or any advise would be nice.

hhe
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by hhe » Tue May 02, 2017 12:41 pm

Hi eoo10:

Any update in your case ?

eoo10
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by eoo10 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi hhe,

Not as yet. Still waiting.

faysal_cu
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:01 pm
Bangladesh

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by faysal_cu » Tue May 02, 2017 4:15 pm

Ilr201567 wrote:Time line !
I am honestly getting fed up of this !

Initial set o applied january 2016
June 2016 - i was notified that they wanna interview
September 2016 - they sent me a date for my interview which was in october 2016
While this waiting ; completed 10years : varied my application to long reidency in october and also attended interview which was scheduled for me !

Its been more than 6 months for variation too and recieved a letter that they cant decide the case as it raises complex issues.

My understanding is that people who were on t1 general before and varied on lr ; there apps are on hold for some reason ! What reason only ukvi knows !

In my SAR which i ordered few months back which probably gave a lil indication that my interview was ok ! Not sure though!

So overall touching 16months almost and i am loosing patience !
I had been thinking if its a good idea for people like us to take this somewhere on media ; a combined ombudsman complain or something!
Lets get together guys ! I cannot say what will happen or if it would bring positive results or not ! But by sitting like this unfortunately its not doing any good to us !

Hope to hear from some of you soon !

Iam agree with u mate. they just don't care about us. peoplestress out, loosing their time but they don't care and making their own tea. i think its time we should do something.

lad 14
Junior Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:48 am
Wales

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by lad 14 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:51 am

***Update***

I have varied my ILR application from SET(O) to SET(LR) yesterday - 23 August 2016

MY ILR timeline-

Application : SET (LR) 10 year long residence POSTAL application
Application sent: 23 August 2016
Application Received: 24 August 2016
Payment deducted: **Application Varied**
Automated emails received: Not Received
Acknowledgement/BRP letter received : Not Received
BRP Done : 5 September 2016
Letter Received - 10 February 2017- Complex Issue Letter received - Case cannot be decide in 6 months
Letter Received - 03 May 2017 - To complete and return attach Questionnaire, and also to provide SA302 and Tax Year Overview for the time of Tier 1 extension
ILR approval letter received:
BRP received :

rms115
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:08 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by rms115 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:43 am

lad 14 wrote:***Update***

I have varied my ILR application from SET(O) to SET(LR) yesterday - 23 August 2016

MY ILR timeline-

Application : SET (LR) 10 year long residence POSTAL application
Application sent: 23 August 2016
Application Received: 24 August 2016
Payment deducted: **Application Varied**
Automated emails received: Not Received
Acknowledgement/BRP letter received : Not Received
BRP Done : 5 September 2016
Letter Received - 10 February 2017- Complex Issue Letter received - Case cannot be decide in 6 months
Letter Received - 03 May 2017 - To complete and return attach Questionnaire, and also to provide SA302 and Tax Year Overview for the time of Tier 1 extension
ILR approval letter received:
BRP received :
Thanks for updates I have received the same questioner on 27th April'17 but stating that

"provide the documents with regards to your earlier leave as Tier1 migrant....
Documents Required :

-please complete and return the attached questioners summarizing your finance relating to your self-employed... supportive documents

- provide sa302 forms tax year overview for the period in which you have been registered as self-employed or have a director or a limited company. These are available from your accountant's tax software or your HMRC online account.

- if you are the director of a limited company, please also provide audited annual accounts where available, and unaudited accounts if not. Please also provide company tax returns for the period that your business has been trading.

Note: In questioners, there is not any year mention.

so I am confused about which tax year overview should I fill the answer with. My case is straightforward 10 Years Long Resi. My visa history is as under:

Oct 2006 Student visa
March 2007 Student visa Ext
July 2009 PSW
Sept 2011 1st T1 (Self Employed) No Amendments, Tax Paid
Sept 2013 Ex. T1 (Limited Company) No Amendments, Tax Paid (Continuous Trading No Gaps)
Sept 2016 Qualify for LR
received a letter complex issue in Jan'17
27th April '17 questioners (In which i am confused about)

lad 14
Junior Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:48 am
Wales

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by lad 14 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:36 pm

rms115
Yes ..You are right there is no year mentioned in the letter. My Tier 1 extension was on the basis of Self Employment that's why I wrote that.
I think you have to provide all SA302's for Self Employment work, in your case i believe from 2011 - current (if you still elf employed)
I have requested for SA302 from HMRC and Tax year overview from my Accountant, I am hoping to send all these require documents by next week. And hoping to get the decision at earliest.

rms115
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:08 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by rms115 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:11 pm

lad 14 wrote:
rms115
Yes ..You are right there is no year mentioned in the letter. My Tier 1 extension was on the basis of Self Employment that's why I wrote that.
I think you have to provide all SA302's for Self Employment work, in your case i believe from 2011 - current (if you still elf employed)
I have requested for SA302 from HMRC and Tax year overview from my Accountant, I am hoping to send all these require documents by next week. And hoping to get the decision at earliest.
Thanks for your reply.
I have a question about all the questions that has been asked in the HO letter. All that answer related to the tier 1 but which tier 1? as in the letter HO mention only earlier T1 so if you can shed some light on this.
Regards,

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 78201
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:08 pm

rms115 wrote:Thanks for your reply.
I have a question about all the questions that has been asked in the HO letter. All that answer related to the tier 1 but which tier 1? as in the letter HO mention only earlier T1 so if you can shed some light on this.
Regards,
It is likely for Tier 1 General.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chief786
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:02 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Chief786 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:19 pm

rms115 wrote:
lad 14 wrote:***Update***

I have varied my ILR application from SET(O) to SET(LR) yesterday - 23 August 2016

MY ILR timeline-

Application : SET (LR) 10 year long residence POSTAL application
Application sent: 23 August 2016
Application Received: 24 August 2016
Payment deducted: **Application Varied**
Automated emails received: Not Received
Acknowledgement/BRP letter received : Not Received
BRP Done : 5 September 2016
Letter Received - 10 February 2017- Complex Issue Letter received - Case cannot be decide in 6 months
Letter Received - 03 May 2017 - To complete and return attach Questionnaire, and also to provide SA302 and Tax Year Overview for the time of Tier 1 extension
ILR approval letter received:
BRP received :
Thanks for updates I have received the same questioner on 27th April'17 but stating that

"provide the documents with regards to your earlier leave as Tier1 migrant....
Documents Required :

-please complete and return the attached questioners summarizing your finance relating to your self-employed... supportive documents

- provide sa302 forms tax year overview for the period in which you have been registered as self-employed or have a director or a limited company. These are available from your accountant's tax software or your HMRC online account.

- if you are the director of a limited company, please also provide audited annual accounts where available, and unaudited accounts if not. Please also provide company tax returns for the period that your business has been trading.

Note: In questioners, there is not any year mention.

so I am confused about which tax year overview should I fill the answer with. My case is straightforward 10 Years Long Resi. My visa history is as under:

Oct 2006 Student visa
March 2007 Student visa Ext
July 2009 PSW
Sept 2011 1st T1 (Self Employed) No Amendments, Tax Paid
Sept 2013 Ex. T1 (Limited Company) No Amendments, Tax Paid (Continuous Trading No Gaps)
Sept 2016 Qualify for LR
received a letter complex issue in Jan'17
27th April '17 questioners (In which i am confused about)

Hi,

Can you please let me know what are the questions they asked you ? Secondly, were you only working as self employed or working PAYE as well ? Please let me know. Thanks

lad 14
Junior Member
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:48 am
Wales

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by lad 14 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:45 am

Chief786
During the time of my extension I was working as a PAYE as well as Self Employed. Questions are all about the Self Employment -
* Nature of Business - What good and services it supplies - How you publicise business to attract customers - Market Research - How clients paid you for the services
* Whether the Self Assessment return was submitted by you or on your behalf
* Confirm Net profit, Turnover, Gross Profit, expenses
* Any variation between income in that financial year
* Did you review, check and sign each tax return
* Have you ever needed to correct or re-submit your tax returns

Locked
cron