ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route settled status under Appendix EU (EU settlement scheme)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Locked
Vesh123
Junior Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:40 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Vesh123 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:Hi, I've a question. Shall I go to premium service to Switch my Set(O) to SET (LR)? AS I had interview with them regarding earnings. Does it leave negative impression to switch to LR after had interview and they can ask that your other pending application is also ILR so why you are switching to another ILR app. Or I can just can switch without explaining reason?

Also postal is better or Premium service. too confused what to dooo ?

anyone help much be appreciated .

Thanks
Vesh
You won't get a decision on the day if you vary to Set(LR) as the premium centre won't have your documents. You need to vary your dependent to FLR(M) as she won't qualify for the Set(O) currently pending if you vary to SET(LR). The same checks will be done for Set(LR), so if you have income and tax discrepancies, they will be checked and raised again.
Thanks CR001. So should i need to give them the reason for switching or not? and I sent her's application as Teir 1 (dependent extension) not dependent of as Set (o). So still need to vary to FLR(M)?

Thanks
Vesh
Don't think you need a reason but ILR to ILR variation is not very common. She will NOT qualify for a Tier 1 dependent extension if you apply for ILR LR. She must switch/vary to FLR(M), asking HO to hold her FLR(M) application decision till your LR ILR is decided.
Thanks CR001, if I switch her on FLR(M) then what documents she requires to support the application?
Thanks
Vesh

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79775
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:23 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
CR001 wrote:Don't think you need a reason but ILR to ILR variation is not very common. She will NOT qualify for a Tier 1 dependent extension if you apply for ILR LR. She must switch/vary to FLR(M), asking HO to hold her FLR(M) application decision till your LR ILR is decided.
Thanks CR001, if I switch her on FLR(M) then what documents she requires to support the application?
Thanks
Vesh
Please read page 62/63 of the form to see what HO expect to see. She will also need English A2 test from an HO approved SELT test provider.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vesh123
Junior Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:40 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Vesh123 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:
CR001 wrote:Don't think you need a reason but ILR to ILR variation is not very common. She will NOT qualify for a Tier 1 dependent extension if you apply for ILR LR. She must switch/vary to FLR(M), asking HO to hold her FLR(M) application decision till your LR ILR is decided.
Thanks CR001, if I switch her on FLR(M) then what documents she requires to support the application?
Thanks
Vesh
Please read page 62/63 of the form to see what HO expect to see. She will also need English A2 test from an HO approved SELT test provider.
Ok Is it B2 or A2 test? Secondly her passport is with HO, can I book the test without passport. She does has DVLA?

Thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79775
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:
CR001 wrote:Don't think you need a reason but ILR to ILR variation is not very common. She will NOT qualify for a Tier 1 dependent extension if you apply for ILR LR. She must switch/vary to FLR(M), asking HO to hold her FLR(M) application decision till your LR ILR is decided.
Thanks CR001, if I switch her on FLR(M) then what documents she requires to support the application?
Thanks
Vesh
Please read page 62/63 of the form to see what HO expect to see. She will also need English A2 test from an HO approved SELT test provider.
Ok Is it B2 or A2 test? Secondly her passport is with HO, can I book the test without passport. She does has DVLA?

Thanks
A2 for FLR(M). Should be ok to use drivers license, but they might insist on a passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vesh123
Junior Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:40 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Vesh123 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Ok thanks, CR001. Can i still apply for FLR(M) by mentioning them that her A2 test is due to give on that date?

Thanks
Vesh

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79775
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:03 pm

Vesh123 wrote:Ok thanks, CR001. Can i still apply for FLR(M) by mentioning them that her A2 test is due to give on that date?

Thanks
Vesh
Unlikely, it is a mandatory requirement to submit the test. You could request the passport for the purpose of the test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vesh123
Junior Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:40 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Vesh123 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:Ok thanks, CR001. Can i still apply for FLR(M) by mentioning them that her A2 test is due to give on that date?

Thanks
Vesh
Unlikely, it is a mandatory requirement to submit the test. You could request the passport for the purpose of the test.
If I request the passport would her application would remain pending? Does it affect the application or status?

Thanks
Vesh

sunnysunny1994
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:28 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by sunnysunny1994 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi all,

My last message on this forum. I have withdrawn my ILR application and I m leaving Uk tomorrow. This message is not to discourage anyone. I have had social as well as family issues. Good luck to all and best wishes. Stay bless.

Srinath06
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:17 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Srinath06 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:27 pm

hi

Could someone please tell me how to withdraw my SET(LR) application as I need to travel urgently to India and does any one has idea how long it may take and of course UKBA states 10 days. As for some discussions here it was never 10 days.

Thanks

eoo10
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by eoo10 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:34 pm

sunnysunny1994 wrote:Hi all,

My last message on this forum. I have withdrawn my ILR application and I m leaving Uk tomorrow. This message is not to discourage anyone. I have had social as well as family issues. Good luck to all and best wishes. Stay bless.
Dear sunysuby1994,
It's really sadden my heart to read that you had finally withdraw your application. However I know that the future is bright regardless. I sincerely wish you all the very best in your future endeavours. Do have a safe journey tomorrow.

Srinath06
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:17 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by Srinath06 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:29 am

eoo10 wrote:
sunnysunny1994 wrote:Hi all,

My last message on this forum. I have withdrawn my ILR application and I m leaving Uk tomorrow. This message is not to discourage anyone. I have had social as well as family issues. Good luck to all and best wishes. Stay bless.
Dear sunysuby1994,
It's really sadden my heart to read that you had finally withdraw your application. However I know that the future is bright regardless. I sincerely wish you all the very best in your future endeavours. Do have a safe journey tomorrow.

Hi Suny

Could you please tell me the process of withdrawing application and also how long it takes??

sunnysunny1994
Newly Registered
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:28 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by sunnysunny1994 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:33 am

Srinath06 wrote:
eoo10 wrote:
sunnysunny1994 wrote:Hi all,

My last message on this forum. I have withdrawn my ILR application and I m leaving Uk tomorrow. This message is not to discourage anyone. I have had social as well as family issues. Good luck to all and best wishes. Stay bless.
Dear sunysuby1994,
It's really sadden my heart to read that you had finally withdraw your application. However I know that the future is bright regardless. I sincerely wish you all the very best in your future endeavours. Do have a safe journey tomorrow.

Hi Suny

Could you please tell me the process of withdrawing application and also how long it takes??
Hi,
Well I thought that was my last message. You just do online withdraw application. I applied on 15/6/17 and received my documents on 4/7/17 with all my passports and docs. And they allowed me 7 days to leave country. Also mentioned that if I have any valid reason to stay I can re apply. Bless u and if u have any questions u can ask me. I have flight at 6 pm today. Stay bless.

artee
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:37 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by artee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:45 pm

I have a query regarding the application of ILR via the 10 years route.

I will complete 10 years on 15th September 2017. My current visa expires in may 2018.

My question is can I submit my application before 15th September 2017? I am planning to have it done on 23rd August (using premium service). 24 days before i complete exactly 10 years.

If I apply within 28 days BEFORE i complete the 10 years, what do i write for the question '

E13. How long have you lived in the UK? years / months.

Thank you very much
Artee

yogi07
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:06 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by yogi07 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:20 pm

hi, i am planning to apply 10years long resident. Last 3 years i was in family member of an EEA national,what are the supporting documents basis of EEA national to provide?is there any specific income EEA national need to maintain?

drew3017
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:23 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by drew3017 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:43 pm

[quote="ThisisA"]Not sure if anyone was following my case but this is my timeline -

Initial SET(LR) application - 17/01/2017
BRP done - 06/02/2017
Received letter from the Home Office re issue with Banker's Draft - 24/02/2017
New Draft posted - 01/03/2017
All documents and Passport, along with confirmation of approval of ILR received - 05/07/2017
BRP card - Still waiting[/quote

Hi

Congratulations. Just have a quick question as my case is quite similar. Was wondering if they contacted you before sending your approval and documents? Also what parcel company do they use. Thanks. Regards

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79775
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:02 pm

yogi07 wrote:hi, i am planning to apply 10years long resident. Last 3 years i was in family member of an EEA national,what are the supporting documents basis of EEA national to provide?is there any specific income EEA national need to maintain?
You must submit all the evidence of your family member being a qualified person exercising treaty rights, for the entire time that you were on an EEA Residence card (payslips, P60s, bank statements, proof of address etc)

What is your full immigration history??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drew3017
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:23 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by drew3017 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:46 am

drew3017 wrote:
ThisisA wrote:Not sure if anyone was following my case but this is my timeline -

Initial SET(LR) application - 17/01/2017
BRP done - 06/02/2017
Received letter from the Home Office re issue with Banker's Draft - 24/02/2017
New Draft posted - 01/03/2017
All documents and Passport, along with confirmation of approval of ILR received - 05/07/2017
BRP card - Still waiting[/quote

Hi

Congratulations. Just have a quick question as my case is quite similar. Was wondering if they contacted you before sending your approval and documents? Also what parcel company do they use. Thanks. Regards


Please did I get a reply to this question as I can't find a respons

Thanks

yogi07
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:06 am

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by yogi07 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:57 am

CR001 wrote:
yogi07 wrote:hi, i am planning to apply 10years long resident. Last 3 years i was in family member of an EEA national,what are the supporting documents basis of EEA national to provide?is there any specific income EEA national need to maintain?
You must submit all the evidence of your family member being a qualified person exercising treaty rights, for the entire time that you were on an EEA Residence card (payslips, P60s, bank statements, proof of address etc)

What is your full immigration history??
Thanks for your reply ,i was enter to uk student visa in 2007 July. I was in 4 years student visa and 2 years in post study work visa then i apply for EEA family member resident card in 2013 December and refused, within 28 days reapply and received 2014 august to 2019 august.Is there any certain income/salary my spouse need to maintain each month?Spouse didnt work for 6month 2015(january to june), is this affect for 10years long resident PR?

MALIK336
BANNED
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by MALIK336 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:18 pm

drew3017 wrote:
drew3017 wrote:
ThisisA wrote:Not sure if anyone was following my case but this is my timeline -

Initial SET(LR) application - 17/01/2017
BRP done - 06/02/2017
Received letter from the Home Office re issue with Banker's Draft - 24/02/2017
New Draft posted - 01/03/2017
All documents and Passport, along with confirmation of approval of ILR received - 05/07/2017
BRP card - Still waiting[/quote

Hi
Hi can you pleas tel me how long it wil take roughly as applied on 1st march and still waiting and apply on set lr only worries if ho may take years to decide as my first application took 8 year to dicide
Congratulations. Just have a quick question as my case is quite similar. Was wondering if they contacted you before sending your approval and documents? Also what parcel company do they use. Thanks. Regards


Please did I get a reply to this question as I can't find a respons

Thanks

amjadleeds
Member of Standing
Posts: 267
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi

I came on student visa in 2002, first extension in 2003 till 2006, in between due to someone complaint that I am working full time but actual I was part time HO made case in 2005 and case was withdraw by HO in August 2007. During 2006 my visa expired due to HO was holding my passport that why my solicitor applied 15 days late and even case was in High court. During 2007 HO withdraw the case and agreed to authorise visa with ex-gratia payment.
I have applied ILR in 2012 and applied family visa on basis of private family life but before my decision they have refused my family visa with right of appeal. My family got visa and they have attached me with my family. HO has mentioned in decision letter that due to you have applied 15 days late in 2006, so your period broken and we are not using senior CW discretion.
My son is 16 year old and last 12 year and 6 month here, my daughter born and got British Passport, other my daughter 6 year old British born,
Currently I am on private and family life visa which will be expire in 2019.

I am looking to apply for son on basis of 10 year rule, he has completed 12 year in the UK but due to Main applicant one application was late back in 2006, Now he has completed his own 10 year even after that break in 2006, my question is it still link with main applicant ?. Because main applicant self employment return totally missed by accountant and only submitted employment back in 2010 which just been rectify.
Your thought and advice will be really appreciate,

Thanks
Regards
Amjad from leeds

priscaltony
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:12 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by priscaltony » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Hi Forum

I wonder if anyone can help me. I applied for my ILR (LR) this year January without my passport as my passport was being renewed then. I enclosed a letter with explanation and copy of passport renewal collection slip. I am currently on FP visa which expires in a year’s time.
I got a job offer which was dependent on my ILR, so I was prompted to contact my MP to help me chase HO. My MP contacted HO and he was told that standard time for the type of application I made is 6 months so I should hear from them by the end of this month. I contacted my MP today again to help chase my daughter’s ILR application that was submitted a week before mine. MP replied by saying that HO said they have written a letter to me regarding my application but did not tell my MP the content of the letter.

My question is, anyone knows what this letter could be

A, Approval letter?
B, Request for document letter?
C, Delay with my application letter?

I am so anxious and scared at the same time, and I wonder if anyone has been told similar in the past.
Thank you very plenty!

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79775
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:25 pm

priscaltony wrote:Hi Forum

I wonder if anyone can help me. I applied for my ILR (LR) this year January without my passport as my passport was being renewed then. I enclosed a letter with explanation and copy of passport renewal collection slip. I am currently on FP visa which expires in a year’s time.
I got a job offer which was dependent on my ILR, so I was prompted to contact my MP to help me chase HO. My MP contacted HO and he was told that standard time for the type of application I made is 6 months so I should hear from them by the end of this month. I contacted my MP today again to help chase my daughter’s ILR application that was submitted a week before mine. MP replied by saying that HO said they have written a letter to me regarding my application but did not tell my MP the content of the letter.

My question is, anyone knows what this letter could be

A, Approval letter?
B, Request for document letter?
C, Delay with my application letter?

I am so anxious and scared at the same time, and I wonder if anyone has been told similar in the past.
Thank you very plenty!
Impossible for anyone on the forum to know what the letter says. You should have waited to apply till you got your new passport, in my opinion.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 79775
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:26 pm

amjadleeds wrote:Hi

I came on student visa in 2002, first extension in 2003 till 2006, in between due to someone complaint that I am working full time but actual I was part time HO made case in 2005 and case was withdraw by HO in August 2007. During 2006 my visa expired due to HO was holding my passport that why my solicitor applied 15 days late and even case was in High court. During 2007 HO withdraw the case and agreed to authorise visa with ex-gratia payment.
I have applied ILR in 2012 and applied family visa on basis of private family life but before my decision they have refused my family visa with right of appeal. My family got visa and they have attached me with my family. HO has mentioned in decision letter that due to you have applied 15 days late in 2006, so your period broken and we are not using senior CW discretion.
My son is 16 year old and last 12 year and 6 month here, my daughter born and got British Passport, other my daughter 6 year old British born,
Currently I am on private and family life visa which will be expire in 2019.

I am looking to apply for son on basis of 10 year rule, he has completed 12 year in the UK but due to Main applicant one application was late back in 2006, Now he has completed his own 10 year even after that break in 2006, my question is it still link with main applicant ?. Because main applicant self employment return totally missed by accountant and only submitted employment back in 2010 which just been rectify.
Your thought and advice will be really appreciate,

Thanks
Regards
Amjad from leeds
Like everyone else, he must have 10 years of lawful residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ilr17
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) Overstay 23days in 2013

Post by Ilr17 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:38 pm

Dear members, I am going to apply ILR next mont through 10 years route.
Came to UK in Sep 2007 with valid student visa, +psw+student+dependent
Currently T2 dependent

In 2013, I made application for T4 dependent on 11/10/2013 and got refused incorrectly by HO with no ROA. Then my student visa was curtailed on 26/11/2013. Then I made new application for T4 dependent on19/12/2013, granted on 09/04/2014.

This makes me overstayed 23days from26/11 to 19/12 which is allowed in the long residence guidence and continues residence remains. Rectify me if I am wrong.

Would Any senior members advise on following questions:

Q1 given my 10 year is not broken, is it still necessary to justify this 23-day gap in the cover letter?
Q2 As I switch from dependent of T2 General, is it mandatory to attach my husband pay slips and bank statements?

Thank you very much for your valuable advice.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing
Posts: 267
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Long Residence (10 years) SET (LR) applications

Post by amjadleeds » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:10 am

Hi

My son has completed legally 10 year after my one of late application 15 days back in 2006, . Last 12 year and 3 month he is in UK. He is 16 year old and came when he was around 4 year old and all his schooling from UK. My question is if main applicant make any tax amendments due to one of return during 2009/2010 accountant not correctly submitted. Do this amendment will impact on dependent as well or not.
Your opinion will be really appreciate.

Regards
Amjad from Leeds

Locked
cron