ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long residence-time spent outside the UK query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

junebal

Long residence-time spent outside the UK query

Post by junebal » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:42 am

Hi,

I would like to ask some information about the long residence for UK's ILR. I came to the uk in August 2006 to do a one year college, which I extended to a 3 years visa. I went to India for 2 weeks in year 2007, 2 weeks to the Philippines in 2009.

Then after taking all my final year exams in july 2010, I went to the Philippines for a period of 2 and half months to spend some time with my family. Then I went back to the UK in September 2010 aiming to apply for the post study work visa. Unfortunately, my university could not approve the i have finished my degree before my visa run out, which was on the 30th of october 2010. Therefore, I had to leave the UK on the 29th of October 2010. Now i have to wait until March 2011 to apply and go back to the UK.

Now, my question is Do i still qualify for10 years long residence to ILR as I have spent a lot of time out of the UK in 2010? But bear in mind that my holiday in 2010 is not continuos. It is 2 consecutive 2 and 4 months time with a gap of one month (when i went back to apply for PSW in september 22, 2010-29th of Oct 2010).

I hope you can help me answers my questions as I am getting worried and I really do wanna spend the rest of my life in the UK. This means a lot to me. Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:54 am

See also long residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.