ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long residency Exceeding 540 Days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KeyvanRRR
Newly Registered
Iran

Long residency Exceeding 540 Days

Post by KeyvanRRR » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi I am going to apply for ILR base on long residency next week.
I enter UK on October 2007 on student visa, switch to PSW on 2011 then switch to Tier1 Entrepreneur on March 2013 and extended my Tier 1 leave on May 2016.
My current leave expire on May 2018.

I have all the requirements, I run my own business from 2012 and my two children born here in the UK and going to Nursery.
The only problem is I am exceeding 540 by 120 day I have been out of country for 640 days,
My longest absence happened at the very first time when I left the UK for my wedding in my home country which was 126 day that cover my 120 exceeding days.
As I said I have in person appointment for next week and looking for any advice.
Do I go ahead with my application.
what documents you think would be helpful.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Long residency Exceeding 540 Days

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:46 pm

Your SET(LR) will be refused as you should not have been absent for more than 540 days from the UK in 10 years. Your wedding will not count as an exceptional reason for your long absence.
You should wait and apply under Tier 1E five year settlement route in Feb 2018. This way you have another advantage, which is your spouse can remain on PBS dependant visa after your ILR until her 5 year is complete.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice