ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance fund requirement for WP holder

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinseh

Maintenance fund requirement for WP holder

Post by vinseh » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:02 pm

Hello people,

It's an amazing forum I must say...no doubts about that.

Can anyone advise me on the maintenance fund requirement for a WP holder. I am due to apply for my ILR in March.

Many thanks

diago_nelson

Re: Maintenance fund requirement for WP holder

Post by diago_nelson » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:12 pm

There is no maintenance , min. balance requirement for ILR.
You would need to pass Life in UK test. You can learn and pass that in the next few months, but definitely before you apply for ILR.
Details: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settl ... uage-life/
You would need to show that you are economically active in UK for the past 5 years. (salary slips, P60s, WP, Tier1/HSMP documents, banks stmts.)
vinseh wrote:Hello people,

It's an amazing forum I must say...no doubts about that.

Can anyone advise me on the maintenance fund requirement for a WP holder. I am due to apply for my ILR in March.

Many thanks

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:22 pm

[quote="diago_nelson"]There is no maintenance , min. balance requirement for ILR.
You would need to pass Life in UK test. You can learn and pass that in the next few months, but definitely before you apply for ILR.
Details: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settl ... uage-life/
You would need to show that you are economically active in UK for the past 5 years. (salary slips, P60s, WP, Tier1/HSMP documents, banks stmts.)

Hi thanks vmuch diago_nelson,

I have already passed my Life in the UK test and have all my docs ready including payslips, P60s etc however I have another query, may be u can help me on that too.

the first 2 years of my P60 show less salary as I went to india for 2 months to get married and then after I came back I work lesser hours for a few months to sort my house/newly married life etc...would the Home Office have any problems with that?

thanks again in advance...

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:59 pm

I dont think you should have any problems with less salary. I believe you are well under the 180 days absence limit for 5 years.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:20 pm

diago_nelson wrote:I dont think you should have any problems with less salary. I believe you are well under the 180 days absence limit for 5 years.
hey thanks again,

yes i travelled out of uk only on 2 occasions in the last 5 years. first for around 2 months for marriage purposes and then last year for one week holiday...hence i'm not worried about the days overseas. it's just the lesser annual income amount on 1st 2 P60s. I hope they are not bothered about the number of days u take off from work (within the country).

are they?

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:25 pm

Don't worry ! they should not raise this as a concern. you were still earning...
Ppl do fall sick or take leaves...
All the best !
vinseh wrote:
diago_nelson wrote:I dont think you should have any problems with less salary. I believe you are well under the 180 days absence limit for 5 years.
hey thanks again,

yes i travelled out of uk only on 2 occasions in the last 5 years. first for around 2 months for marriage purposes and then last year for one week holiday...hence i'm not worried about the days overseas. it's just the lesser annual income amount on 1st 2 P60s. I hope they are not bothered about the number of days u take off from work (within the country).

are they?

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:59 pm

[quote="diago_nelson"]Don't worry ! they should not raise this as a concern. you were still earning...
Ppl do fall sick or take leaves...
All the best !

thanks a ton diago_nelson...u're a star!