ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missing middle name in ILR set(M) app - cover letter or resubmit?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ilrapp1234
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Missing middle name in ILR set(M) app - cover letter or resubmit?

Post by ilrapp1234 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:31 pm

Hi all, I've made one of those silly mistakes with my Set(M) ILR application - submitted it, paid fees and booked a biometrics appointment for the end of this month, only to realise that in the "Given names" field I've missed out my middle name so it's not shown anywhere on the application! My residence permit doesn't expire until 10 Oct, so I assume my options are:
1) Attach a cover letter to the supporting docs to explain that I've missed out my middle name in the application form
2) Withdraw the application and apply again with the correct information

Obviously I would prefer to go with 1), but I'd love to know if, based on your experience, this is a sufficiently big error to merit 2)?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

zimba
Mood:

Re: Missing middle name in ILR set(M) app - cover letter or resubmit?

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:27 pm

A cover letter is enough.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ilrapp1234
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: Missing middle name in ILR set(M) app - cover letter or resubmit?

Post by ilrapp1234 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:15 pm

Super, thank you for the quick response Zimba!