ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake Made in 10 Year Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Harrycrr
Newly Registered

Mistake Made in 10 Year Application

Post by Harrycrr » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:20 pm

Dear users,

I have applied under the 10 year route and realised I had made a mistake, I put the wrong month for a period of absence in 2009.

I put that I left the UK on 28 Feb, rather than 28th April. I was in the UK in february. If they are to count this as true and not bother to verify through my passport, they will reject application as I exceed the days. Can you tell me what is the best course of action for this.

If they consider April which what it actually was, I will be within my allowed limit.

Harry

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Mistake Made in 10 Year Application

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:36 pm

Harrycrr wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:20 pm
Dear users,

I have applied under the 10 year route and realised I had made a mistake, I put the wrong month for a period of absence in 2009.

I put that I left the UK on 28 Feb, rather than 28th April. I was in the UK in february. If they are to count this as true and not bother to verify through my passport, they will reject application as I exceed the days. Can you tell me what is the best course of action for this.

If they consider April which what it actually was, I will be within my allowed limit.

Harry
Have you attended the UKVCAS appointment? If not, print the page, edit manually, write a cover letter and upload along with your documents. You should be okay then.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Harrycrr
Newly Registered

Post by Harrycrr » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Hi tier,

Thank you for your swift reply, no I have not yet attended the appointment, would you suggest doing this as well as sending a letter by recorded delivery or is that unecessary at this point.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:11 pm

Harrycrr wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:38 pm
Hi tier,

Thank you for your swift reply, no I have not yet attended the appointment, would you suggest doing this as well as sending a letter by recorded delivery or is that unecessary at this point.
This should be enough. With the new system, this is the way to send documents. Scan and upload before the appointment. Your processing starts only after that.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.