ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on travel history

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ventris118
Newly Registered
Japan

Mistake on travel history

Post by ventris118 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:22 pm

Hi fellow immigrationboard members,

Thanks for providing such invaluable resources on immigration matters. I'm wondering if you could help me on the following matter;

I've submitted an application for SET(LR) and is due to be having a ukvas appointment next week. However, this morning, to my horror, I realised that I made a mistake under the 'Travel History' section. I have filled in one the return dates wrongly, by 2 months (instead of 12th April, I've mistakenly input 12th June). I understand that this is a significant mistake and I have now way exceeded the allowed 540 days. However, I do have the proof of the correct exit and return dates.

1. Do I have a chance to explain myself to HO (during the ukvas appointment/ via email when they ask)? or,

2. Should I withdraw the application and make a new one- and hopeful for a full refund as I have not attended the UKVAS appointment?

Thanks all and have a nice day :)

zimba
Mood:

Re: Mistake on travel history

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:30 pm

Simply add a cover letter and explain the mistake. It is not a big deal
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice