ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form application for kids

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Vaslan
Newly Registered
Mood:

MN1 form application for kids

Post by Vaslan » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:33 am

Hello,

I applied for ILR for myself and dependent partner based on 5 years Tier2 visa three days ago. Today, I have recived an email from home office asking "Please can you clarify why your dependant children have not been included on this application."

I have two dependent children 2 and 4 years old, they both born in UK. I want to fill in MN1 form and register them for british citizenship after we get our ILR.

Wanted to share this here to see how best I could respond to this email. Any advise?

Thanks

vinny

Re: MN1 form application for kids

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:52 am

Just explain that your UK-born children will register under Section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act 1981 immediately after a parent has ILR.

If their leave expires soon, then also consider getting them adequate health insurance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.