ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife passport accidently damaged by a UK border officer -ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shah1698
Member of Standing

My wife passport accidently damaged by a UK border officer -ILR

Post by Shah1698 » Wed May 05, 2021 12:11 pm

Hi there,

I am going to apply for ILR for myself and my family. But my wife's Indian passport was accidentally damaged at the time of checking it at the border in the airport, the cover of the passport is separated from the booklet.

The border officer gave a letter explaining this and they confirmed no tampering is done with the passport. He confirmed that it got damaged while it is in his hands.

Can I apply for ILR with this passport and letter? or Should I apply for a new passport?

Could someone help what to do in this situation, please? Thanks.

Regards
Shah
Shah

zimba
Mood:

Re: My wife passport accidently damaged by a UK border officer -ILR

Post by zimba » Wed May 05, 2021 1:16 pm

It should be fine however you should try to change it if you can
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Shah1698
Member of Standing

Re: My wife passport accidently damaged by a UK border officer -ILR

Post by Shah1698 » Wed May 05, 2021 1:33 pm

Thank you. But our Tier 2 visa expires 26th of Next month so we may not likely to get the new passport by then and don't want to risk running off visa.

I am planning to apply with the existing passport and include that letter. Hope this is ok.
Shah