ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New ILR process, Time to decision

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route settled status under Appendix EU (EU settlement scheme)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Diaeddin
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:31 pm

New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by Diaeddin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:39 pm

Hi

I wonder if somebody can help with this issue. I have submitted my ILR application via the new process ( by UKVCAS Customer Service provided by Sopra Steria )
I have chosen the premium service ( around 3000 pounds ) to get the decision quickly ( it says after 24 hours ).

24 hours have passed and I have not received anything!

Any Similar experiences? what should be the time to have a decision in case you have chosen the premium service >

Thanks

User avatar
michali
Member of Standing
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by michali » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:28 pm

If you read through several recent posts, you will see that quite a few people have had to wait several days to get a decision.

rajonmoni
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:41 pm

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by rajonmoni » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:55 pm

I submitted my biometrics for ILR at London Premium centre on 14/11/18.
Still got no decision or communication.
From some other posts I understand that most decision in super priority category are being made in 24 hours but reply/decision/BRP being sent by post, which takes usually three working day.

akshay13t
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:12 pm
India

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by akshay13t » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:57 pm

Can someone please confirm how are UKVI contacting the applicant about the outcome of the application. Should I expect an email or will it get the decision by post which means that it will be more than 24 hours due to the postal service speed.

manibala89
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:43 pm

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by manibala89 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:09 pm

I have applied for ILR USING SOPRA STEPHIA on 22nd November at 12pm on Manchester branch. Its passes 24hours I havent heard anything yet.

hunterex
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:46 pm
Singapore

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by hunterex » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:02 pm

manibala89 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:09 pm
I have applied for ILR USING SOPRA STEPHIA on 22nd November at 12pm on Manchester branch. Its passes 24hours I havent heard anything yet.
Has anyone got their ILR decision using premium service?

akshay13t
Newly Registered
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:12 pm
India

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by akshay13t » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:17 pm

Any update with anyone's application who recently submitted using Sopra?
Also, it would be grateful if someone can confirm how are UKVI contacting the applicants about the outcome. i.e.. post or email?

griftah1981
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:41 pm
Mood:
Philippines

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by griftah1981 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:44 am

i have used the super priority service Sopra steria on November 16, 2018. It has been 11 days now.

no results yet. i called UKVI and they said the case worker hasnt come up with the decision yet. but i thought the decision should be within 48 hours if you paid £3018.

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:57 pm
Mood:

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by nihalcastelino » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:09 am

griftah1981 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:44 am
i have used the super priority service Sopra steria on November 16, 2018. It has been 11 days now.

no results yet. i called UKVI and they said the case worker hasnt come up with the decision yet. but i thought the decision should be within 48 hours if you paid £3018.
i had mine on 20th and still waiting.

User avatar
makky86
Diamond Member
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Mood:

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by makky86 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:14 am

griftah1981 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:44 am
i have used the super priority service Sopra steria on November 16, 2018. It has been 11 days now.

no results yet. i called UKVI and they said the case worker hasnt come up with the decision yet. but i thought the decision should be within 48 hours if you paid £3018.
What is the number you dialed? I applied for my wife and nothing received. We should get refund back
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

User avatar
michali
Member of Standing
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by michali » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:46 am

I guess we have to keep in mind that even attending PSC appointments did not guarantee a same day decision.

User avatar
makky86
Diamond Member
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Mood:

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by makky86 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:10 pm

michali wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:46 am
I guess we have to keep in mind that even attending PSC appointments did not guarantee a same day decision.
Well you'd know if they were to take more time. Annoying there has been no sort of communication at all. I was lucky that I had applied ILR same day otherwise cannot imagine how much stress would have caused it.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:57 pm
Mood:

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by nihalcastelino » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:33 pm

makky86 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:10 pm
michali wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:46 am
I guess we have to keep in mind that even attending PSC appointments did not guarantee a same day decision.
Well you'd know if they were to take more time. Annoying there has been no sort of communication at all. I was lucky that I had applied ILR same day otherwise cannot imagine how much stress would have caused it.
call this number 0300 123 2241 and ask . thats what i did, follow the link for timelines not met

User avatar
makky86
Diamond Member
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Mood:

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by makky86 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:01 pm

nihalcastelino wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:33 pm
makky86 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:10 pm
michali wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:46 am
I guess we have to keep in mind that even attending PSC appointments did not guarantee a same day decision.
Well you'd know if they were to take more time. Annoying there has been no sort of communication at all. I was lucky that I had applied ILR same day otherwise cannot imagine how much stress would have caused it.
call this number 0300 123 2241 and ask . thats what i did, follow the link for timelines not met
I did but they said they cannot provide me the status and asked me to send email ApplyOnlineE-support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

Dineshjk
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:16 pm
India

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by Dineshjk » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi,

I have applied SET(LR) on 22nd, Nov at 12:00, in Glasgow using new service centre.
I have been chasing UKVI and felt there will be no concrete answers and till date I haven't got the result for application.
I am not sure, is there any different forum to push the matter ? or at least to get an satisfactory update.

Thanks,
D

aelondon
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:28 am
Mood:
United States of America

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by aelondon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:52 pm

Does anyone know if you are allowed to travel while you are waiting for your sopra steria super priority application response? Do you go home with all of your documents? I have my appointment on Friday in Croydon (after my appointment tomorrow in Cambridge got cancelled). I'm starting to wish I stuck with the old system instead (although I don't know if they're getting on any better).

User avatar
makky86
Diamond Member
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:41 pm
Mood:

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by makky86 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:19 pm

aelondon wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:52 pm
Does anyone know if you are allowed to travel while you are waiting for your sopra steria super priority application response? Do you go home with all of your documents? I have my appointment on Friday in Croydon (after my appointment tomorrow in Cambridge got cancelled). I'm starting to wish I stuck with the old system instead (although I don't know if they're getting on any better).
You get hold of your all the documents back including passport. I assume you are free to travel
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

User avatar
Zimba
Moderator
Posts: 15380
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK
Mood:

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by Zimba » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:29 pm

Usually traveling out of the UK when your application is pending is treated as if your application is withdrawn particularly when you have no valid leave. :!: You should not leave the UK until you get a decision to avoid the risk. Obviously if you are a visa national, you often do not have a valid leave to return back so they generally do not ask these questions. However non-visa nationals (like US citizens) can travel out and back but the issue is that given they will be admitted to the UK under a different category and as visitors, their pending UK immigration application could be then deemed withdrawn

indefinite-leave-to-remain/getting-a-2n ... l#p1708692
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

aelondon
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:28 am
Mood:
United States of America

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by aelondon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:47 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:29 pm
Usually traveling out of the UK when your application is pending is treated as if your application is withdrawn particularly when you have no valid leave. :!: You should not leave the UK until you get a decision to avoid the risk. Obviously if you are a visa national, you often do not have a valid leave to return back so they generally do not ask these questions. However non-visa nationals (like US citizens) can travel out and back but the issue is that given they will be admitted to the UK under a different category and as visitors, their pending UK immigration application could be then deemed withdrawn

indefinite-leave-to-remain/getting-a-2n ... l#p1708692
Thanks ZImba. I submitted my application on 5 November but haven't been able to get an appointment until this. I actually traveled abroad this past weekend. I had no problems on re-entry but now I'm wondering if my application is going to be voided? My tier 2 visa doesn't run out for 10 months so I can wait and reapply but I wanted to do it as soon as I hit the 5 year mark.

griftah1981
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:41 pm
Mood:
Philippines

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by griftah1981 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:50 pm

makky86 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:14 am
griftah1981 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:44 am
i have used the super priority service Sopra steria on November 16, 2018. It has been 11 days now.

no results yet. i called UKVI and they said the case worker hasnt come up with the decision yet. but i thought the decision should be within 48 hours if you paid £3018.
What is the number you dialed? I applied for my wife and nothing received. We should get refund back

03001232241- i called that number

User avatar
Zimba
Moderator
Posts: 15380
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK
Mood:

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by Zimba » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:54 pm

Thanks ZImba. I submitted my application on 5 November but haven't been able to get an appointment until this. I actually traveled abroad this past weekend. I had no problems on re-entry but now I'm wondering if my application is going to be voided? My tier 2 visa doesn't run out for 10 months so I can wait and reapply but I wanted to do it as soon as I hit the 5 year mark.
If you entered with your BRP then no. Your application is not void, also you must submit your documents for a valid application to begin with
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

manibala89
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:43 pm

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by manibala89 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:56 am

As mentioned earlier I submitted my ILR application on Thursday 22nd at 12pm on Manchester Branch Set(O). Paid 3108£. Its been 4 days still haven't heard anything. Called UKVI this morning at 9:30am, they said we must leave upto 5 working days to get response. If i don't hear anything by today then they asked me to give a call tomorrow. Contacted DX no parcel arranged for me. Just hoping for the best.

ilovethebeatles
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:12 am

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by ilovethebeatles » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:26 am

I guess they have a shortage of staff. It is actually a double workload as two systems coexist. Hopefully, from tomorrow when the existing premium service closes (is it today its last day?) the speed of communication will be improved and they will be able to keep their 24 hour service promise.

aelondon
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:28 am
Mood:
United States of America

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by aelondon » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:00 pm

Thanks everyone. I called Sopra Steria today and they said they had to no knowledge of delays to applications because all they do is send biometrics and docs to Home Office on the same day as your appointment.

I called the Home Office and the guy said they have just become aware that there are delays to Super Priority applications but he couldn't advise the average delay.

I have cancelled my Friday appointment (at £100 cost to myself!) and I will wait to apply until after my holiday travels. My appointment deadline is 7 January so should be ok...

By the way, when I called back sopra steria, they were very surprised to learn there were delays in super priority decisions! Honestly this privitisation thing just adds another layer of confusion...

User avatar
Zimba
Moderator
Posts: 15380
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK
Mood:

Re: New ILR process, Time to decision

Post by Zimba » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:33 pm

Please note that premiums service do NOT have any guarantees (even the PSC same day appointments had none). The UKVCAS is in fact a document processing front by Sopra Steria and the applications will be sent off to UKVI case workers as usual.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Locked
cron