ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new ilr query - change in location on wp

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinseh

new ilr query - change in location on wp

Post by vinseh » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:45 pm

hi people,

many thanks for all the advice i have received from the valued members of this forum.

i am due to apply for my ilr in 5 yr wp category next month and suddenly there's another thing that's bothering me now.

my company is based in preston, lancs but i have been working from london and the company hasn't actually sent any information/details about this change to the home office. can this cause any problem when i make my ilr application? i have a peo appointment in croydon in march.

any suggestions welcome...has anyone else had any such dilemma and succeeded???

i look forward to hearing from you guys :) many thanks in advance.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:32 pm

hi guys,

i know it's a complex situation but there isn't anything dodgy about it...everything legitimate...just unfortunate.

any suggestions would be highly appreciated...just need to know how I go about it.

please help.

many thanks.

bani

Post by bani » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Not sure what the problem is. If the nature of your job allows you to work in another UK location and you are still employed on the same work permit by the same company, then it is ok.

You should ask for an employer letter from them anyway, stating the dates they employed you. They can also add that you are working from home and the kind of work you do.

Good luck.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:29 pm

bani wrote:Not sure what the problem is. If the nature of your job allows you to work in another UK location and you are still employed on the same work permit by the same company, then it is ok.

You should ask for an employer letter from them anyway, stating the dates they employed you. They can also add that you are working from home and the kind of work you do.

Good luck.
many thanks bani, your reply sounds very reassuring. my work actually does allow me to work from anywhere cos it's primarily based on telephone and internet. I am on the same wp and i will also get the letter certifying my employment and also that they are going to continue to employ me for forseeable future.

the reason i got concerned all of a sudden is that i recently read the following link and it seems that the HO doesn't treat change of location as a minor technical change.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... employment

May be you could read it and advise me further. Also, another question - are work permit holders actually allowed to work from home?