ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Rules.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

neerma
Newly Registered

New Rules.

Post by neerma » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi,
Can some body please shed some light on this topic. How is it gonna affect people going to apply for ILR after 07/04/2010.

Just seen

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -t2-and-ir

The immigration minister says,
ESOL/Knowledge of Life
We are also making some changes to the requirements concerning English language
qualifications for migrants seeking indefinite leave to remain in the UK. It is important that
immigrants seeking permanent residence in the UK have some understanding of one of the
native languages of this country (English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic) and of life in the United
Kingdom. This will help to ensure that they integrate more easily into the British way of life.
I have today laid changes to the Immigration Rules which will ensure that all applicants relying
on qualifications in English for Speakers of Other Languages will study at accredited colleges;
ensuring the quality of provision and preventing the possibilities of abuse of the provisions and
exploitation of migrants. I have also clarified the progression which migrants are required to
demonstrate before applying for permanent residence. Additional technical changes bring the
Rules into line with current terminology for the relevant qualifications.
Equivalent amendments are also being made to the Regulations governing applications for
Naturalisation as British Citizens.

The changes will come into effect on 6 April and 7 April 2010. Applications that are made before the new rules come into effect will be considered under the rules in place on the date of the application.

Those who wish to apply in person should note that the date of their application is the date when they go to the public enquiry office. Applicants should consider this when they book an appointment.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:42 pm

You asking this question in the 'wrong' place on this forum. Please go to [=http://www.immigrationboards.com/index.php?c=2] Points Based Tiers [/url] where i am sure this will be discussed in detail

neerma
Newly Registered

Post by neerma » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi f2k,
I asked this question as it was saying it will affect people who are applying for ILR.
Could you/anybody please advise.

We are also making some changes to the requirements concerning English language
qualifications for migrants seeking indefinite leave to remain in the UK. It is important that
immigrants seeking permanent residence in the UK have some understanding of one of the
native languages of this country (English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic) and of life in the United
Kingdom. This will help to ensure that they integrate more easily into the British way of life.

The changes will come into effect on 6 April and 7 April 2010. Applications that are made before the new rules come into effect will be considered under the rules in place on the date of the application.

Those who wish to apply in person should note that the date of their application is the date when they go to the public enquiry office. Applicants should consider this when they book an appointment.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:00 pm

Sorry you are right, i apologise. I think the only changes to ILR is for those who are using ESOL course for their language qualification. I am not sure if it will affect those doing the LIUK test.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... med-forces

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

neerma
Newly Registered

Post by neerma » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:28 pm

Thanks f2k.
I too guess it is for those who are using ESOL course for their language qualification.
Hopefully it is not for those doing Life in the U.K test. Thanks.
Let's see for anymore comments and advices.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:29 pm

I believe it refers only to ESOL courses, and the new rules will ensure the colleges are accredited. There have been problems with 'schools & colleges' offering crash courses in ESOL which don't meet the required qualification and are exploiting immigrants for fiancial gain.
That's my view on it...wait for confirmation.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi,
Will this affect those under HSMP JR and are exempted from LIUK test?
Thanks
Best Regards