ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NTL and BRP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

23Simsim
Newly Registered
Egypt

NTL and BRP

Post by 23Simsim » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:01 am

Hi
Please help
I’m applying for NTL and BRP as I have already got ILR but it’s on my expired passport I have got a new valid passport
Q 1 : if Im going to applied for NTL and BRP and if I got rejected does that mean my ILR will be taken off me or will be cancel ??
Q 2 : I have done from 5 years ago a community service for 80 hours and I have been searching on the internet after 5 years of the crime it will be clear from my criminal record as it was my first time and I have been in uk around 10 years now . The question now do I write it down in NTL application? Or it’s already been cleared of my criminal record

vinny

Re: NTL and BRP

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:16 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

23Simsim
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by 23Simsim » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:39 am

Thank you for your reply
But my mind still confused
Q1 that’s mean it’s possible they can cancel my ILR
BUT under what conditions ??
Q2 if I have written it down in the application what’s my chances to get successful??

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:54 am

vinny wrote:
Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:45 pm
There are instances when an ILR may be revoked (76) or lapsed or cancelled or ceases to exist (46).
Please click on given links for more information.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:04 pm

23Simsim wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:27 pm
Hi guys,

I have indefinite leave to remain on my passport which expired recently, I had to apply again for NTL.
I booked my premium appointment on 20 March to get BRP card, the only supporting document I found in the application and the guide is my passport, do I need to provide any other documents and is the supporting document mandatory or my passport is enough as I already had ILR as sticker 5 years ago.

Please advice, I appreciate your support.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:06 pm

If your passports show that you haven't been absent from the UK for over two years, then they should suffice.
NTL wrote:It may not always be clear whether a person has been outside of the UK for more than 2 years and has lost their indefinite leave. Generally, you can establish a person’s travel history by examining passports (where these have been submitted with the application). You must look for visas and immigration stamps issued since indefinite leave was granted.
Else,
NTL wrote:Proof of residence in the UK
You must contact the applicant to request additional evidence of residence in the UK where you have not been able to determine through other means whether the person has been absent from the UK for more than 2 years. Examples of other evidence of residency you can accept include:
• council tax letters
• letters confirming tenancy or mortgage payments
• electricity, gas or water bills
• letters from employers that confirm employment
• wage slips or P60s
• school, college or university attendance records
• letters that confirm registration with a doctor and/or dentist which also show
dates of appointments
This list is not exhaustive. If the applicant is unable to provide this evidence, you must make a decision based on the evidence available.

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:37 am

How did your appointment go?
And how did you manage to get an appointment that quickly?
When I looked there was nothing for many weeks.