ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Number of hours calculation for job

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Job Creation help

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:32 am

Hi ,
i am just in process to apply for my ILR but for job creation i am bit confused whether i have done the correct bit or not

i have hired

Job 1 : Employee A Full time

Job 2: if you have hired total 5 Employees

i am not confused for Job 1

i am confused for Job 2

as few of my employees didnt worked as they caught covid or furloughed

so heres how i have done it

Employee B working in october (part time)
Employee C worked in ocotber (part time)

Employee C Got covid then i have to hire employee D to cover the person in Nov and then due to that i have furloughed her till further notice

then in Jan employee B worked till January 2021 and then she was furloughed

Employee D and Employee E worked part time till July then Employee E went on matarnity leave and then i requested employee C to give me a cover while she is gone and she will working till day today

as i was filling out the form online
shall i make a covering letter mentoining the employee working hours ? as for ILR i think so you dont need accountant letter for job confirmation correct me if i am wrong have i completed the job 2

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Number of hours calculation for job

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:12 am

hi i am applying for ilr but i am confused for number of hours calculation for one job
i have hired 4 people for one job some worked for less then one year and i am putting there number of hours for your reference your comment will be highly appreicated i have spoken to my accoutant he said that you need to add more 2 months to complete the job requriement but i think so job requirment will be completed end of this month for your refernece alll employees worked part time for the job
number of hours.png
number of hours.png (33.97 KiB) Viewed 1356 times

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Number of hours calculation for job

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:06 am

i am adding another screenshot where i ve calculated total number of hours for the job one employeed worked for an year and other three employees worked less then an year for the same job number of hours are okay according to my consultant he said you need to add one more month in the following job like you need to add one more month then u can qualify for the job
Attachments
total number of jobs.png
total number of jobs.png (76.08 KiB) Viewed 1336 times

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:31 am

just for a clearfication i have one employee working full time

for second job i have combined 4 people working part time to make the job full time

Any feedback will be helpful alot

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:33 am

Hours works in total is not relevant. Full time means at least 30 hours per week. Hours worked beyond that will be ignored as per rules. You need 104 weeks of full time work to qualify. There are extensive discussions on this in various posts in the Tier 1E forum
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:37 am

thanks for your reply zimba just a quick one ! like can u add 4 part time employee to count a single job

where few employee didnt worked for full year left the job in less then year

your feedback will be appreicated

Regards
Umer

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:48 am

A job in this context is a position in your company NOT an employee. You may replace employees as often as you like in a postion that has existed for 12 months or more.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:09 pm

thanks for your prompt response i got confused as my consultant have made me confused

i am sorry for this

for example employee A was hired on october along with employee B

employee A got covid in Nov and then i have to hire employee C to cover the person in Nov and in dec employee A was furloughed till further notice and i have done another recuritment in the same position for the safe side employee D
employee B worked in Jan and then she got furloughed till april and then she left the job and Employee C and D countinued the worked till july then she got on matarnity leave and then i have taken out employee A from furlough so that she can cover employee D

My question is does suffling of employees allowed in a single job as i cannot see anything in Policy guidance
i have asked several people and they said wait till december and claim the working hours of employee A and B make things simple

your feedback can take me out from confusioin

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:11 pm

I already answered that. A job has nothing to do with the number of employees in that position. A job must have existed for 12 months

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:15 pm

thanks for elborating zimba !

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:33 am

Hi

Zimba thanks for your post as i was going through your old posts in the forum there was a post where you have mentioned that you can add up multipule part time jobs.

No. Combination is only allowed between multiple part time POSITIONS/JOBS which exist for at least 12 months. You can have multiple employees covering the 12 month period but you cannot have multiple part time employees covering the same week. Each POSITION/JOB does not need to be continuous.
You certainly can have more than two POSITIONS/JOBS as part time and add them to make it to 30 hours per week as you need 52 weeks of full time employment. You can make up a full time week from adding the hours of one or more POSITIONS/JOBS this way.

uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/tier-1-ent ... 68262.html

this is the post refrence

i am just bit confused again i have a job created for 52 weeks few of my employees for the same job title were furloughed and someof them were working as they countiuned work

the total number of hours created with 4 part time jobs with the same job title is 2827.6

i know there is a requirmenbt of 1560 hrs for a full time employeed just wanted to make sure what does exactly does it mean you cannot have multiple part time employees covering the same week

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:44 am

You took that advice without paying any attention to the context of the query that was asked. The OP in that post was asking if total hours can be used without having those jobs lasting each for 12 months. Total hours is irrelevant as the part-time job itself must have existed for 12 months. That is pre-COVID without considering any concession

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:09 am

okay thanks ! for expalaining again please tell me the job has been lasted for 52 weeks exactly an year and i have used multipule part time jobs to complete one job have i fullfiled the job creation requirment sorry to be a pain ! your reply will help me alot

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:15 pm

No worries. Happy to help

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:21 am

Thanks for your prompt response i will be taking bit of your time to clear my head out as i am in confusion i will repharase my question with more thing

I have 4 Employees working for the same Position

Employe A Worked from October 2020 till present :- In november she couldnt come as she got covid
Employe B worked from October 2020 till April :-
Employee C worked from Nov till present
Employee D worked from Dec till today but she is on matarnity leave

My question is if you are relying on Part time jobs more then one all jobs Must be existed for atleast 12 months time to qualify for Job creation which is equal to one if i combine all jobs
According to Home office guidance page 23
Job creation
The Tier 1 Entrepreneur route is for those who will bring investment to the UK economy and create
sustainable jobs, not just for themselves, but also for workers settled in the UK.
All the following rules and definitions apply to the extension and settlement job creation
requirements:
(a) A full time job is one involving at least 30 hours of paid work a week.
(b) “The equivalent of” a full time job means two or more part time jobs which add up to 30
hours a week will count as one full time job, if both jobs exist for at least 12 months.

so the part time workers which worked for the same position will not qualify for the job creation if they worked less then 12 months for the same position

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:37 pm

i am really confused in this any feedback will be highly apperaicated

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:36 pm

Hi everyone i just wanted to make it cleard the

Job title of was same

Employee A worked as sales officer started job in Ocotber

total number of hours she have worked for an year are = 703 hours

Employee B Started job in October and left the job in April she worked for 511 hours ( i m in doubt as can i claim her number of hours as she worked less then an year on the same job tile

Employee C Started Job in November and she is currently worked for the company and she worked 1293.7 hours

Emplyee D started the job in Dec she have total worked till july and at the moment she is on matarnity leave she have worked in total 359.3 hours

My question is as i have created sales oficer job part time these employees will be considered as jobs or they are entities working under the job

For example if we say i have created two part time sales officer job

Where Employee A worked for 1st job and Employee B worked for 2nd job then in Nov employee C joins in to Employee B and then in Dec Employee D Joins in Employee A for the job 1

can this scenario be applied ? to consider the job i am confused about the rules i am confused about my situation as well thanks please

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:18 pm

Hi ,

i am due to ILR in few days , i just wanted to ask i have created two jobs

1- full time and 2 part time jobs will be combined to complete the job creation requriement

the 2 part time jobs , 1 employee was furloughed for 8 months when there was a lockdown i have question regarding her Wage rate my employee was less then 18 years old and at the time of furlough we have claimed her 80 percent wages according the her age when she was 17 years old but she turned 18 but my accountant said we will be claiming salary on her old wage rate when she was 17 my question is does it will count towards her 80 percent wage as it was claimed by CJRS as her wage rate according to 18 years should be more if it is more i will revise the rti and pay her the diffrence your feedback will be appreicated

Regards

Umer

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:01 pm

Any reply?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:24 pm

umer.shahzad1 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:18 pm
Hi ,

i am due to ILR in few days , i just wanted to ask i have created two jobs

1- full time and 2 part time jobs will be combined to complete the job creation requriement

the 2 part time jobs , 1 employee was furloughed for 8 months when there was a lockdown i have question regarding her Wage rate my employee was less then 18 years old and at the time of furlough we have claimed her 80 percent wages according the her age when she was 17 years old but she turned 18 but my accountant said we will be claiming salary on her old wage rate when she was 17 my question is does it will count towards her 80 percent wage as it was claimed by CJRS as her wage rate according to 18 years should be more if it is more i will revise the rti and pay her the diffrence your feedback will be appreicated

Regards

Umer
This is an accounting question, not a Tier 1E question. :? Pay as per advice of the accountant

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:46 pm

hi just a quick one does bad immigration history put an impact on your ILR application , as i have applied for SAR last year and there was a specific concern by Home office that i had bad immigration history which put an impact on my extension application i have recently lodged ILR App in Dec 2021 still i havent heard anything from Home office no documents nor an interview call

whats the Estimated timescale of Home office at the moment for Set O applications i know it takes 6 months but whats the minimum to max timeframe

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:53 pm

There is no timeframe as each application is unique under this route. If UKVI thinks your history suggests something, then you should expect long delays

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:18 pm

i had a previous history on a student visa that was refused and i ended up an overtayer where i ve to go back to my Home country and reapply for an entrepreneur visa but i have seen the impact of that history on my current applications !

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:37 pm

umer.shahzad1 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:18 pm
i had a previous history on a student visa that was refused and i ended up an overtayer where i ve to go back to my Home country and reapply for an entrepreneur visa but i have seen the impact of that history on my current applications !
That concern will always be there and you have felt the impact before. Expect your application to be looked at thoroughly.

umer.shahzad1
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by umer.shahzad1 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:53 pm

I have sent some additional documents with my application hope so it help them out