Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Online applications, UKVCAS appointments & BRP queries - Read before you post ⚠️

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).

This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba

User avatar
Posts: 12752
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: UK

Online applications, UKVCAS appointments & BRP queries - Read before you post ⚠️

Post by Zimba » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:29 am

UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) has closed ALL premium visa centres (known as PSCs/PEOs) in the UK to all visa applicants.

To apply to settle in the UK, you must now apply online.

The online service allows you to complete the appropriate form, pay the fees and submit your ILR application online. You will be asked then to book an appointment with the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) to submit the digital scans of your documents online and enrol your biometrics in person at one of their service centres.

It is NO LONGER required to send any of your documents to UKVI for processing as only digital scans are submitted. This means you keep your original documents while your immigration application is being processed.

Please note that you should NOT travel outside the UK while your application is being processed or else your application will be considered automatically withradwn

The UKVCAS centres are operated by UKVI's partner Sopra Steria Limited.

The UKVCAS service centres do not replace the old premium centres , they simply collect your documents and biometrics and forward them to UKVI for processing. They also provide other visa/immigration-related services which you can find out about by visiting the UKVCAS website.

Please post ALL queries regarding the UKVCAS services e.g how to book, issues with booking, ideas to book, when to book, appointment confirmation queries, etc. in the General UK Immigration forum only.

Likewise, ALL queries regarding the Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) like transfer of visa to BRP, BRP renewal, BRP loss, BRP errors, documents and BRP delivery, BRP replacement, etc must be posted in the forum linked above.

Such queries are irrelevant to ILR but generic to all immigration categories where in-person applications are allowed and leave issued as BRP, hence "general".

All posts on these topics in any other forum will be deleted / locked. :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. DO NOT contact me via private messages for advice