ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Opps We have granted you ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Opps We have granted you ILR

Post by Sky_High » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:57 pm

I have received my ILR. Staff was very friendly and helpful at PEO. I am also very happy and feeling relax. However the documents and info from HO is not very welcoming. The letter says " We have extended you stay"and info leaflet is full of threating info like we can cancel your ILR for this reason etc.

Nothing saying Welcome or now you are a permanent residence of this country etc. No mention of your rights.

For me it seems that they said Opps we have granted you ILR. Why I am feeling that they are not happy to grant ILRs thesedays?

dimsav

Re: Opps We have granted you ILR

Post by dimsav » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Feelings go away, but ILR stays ;-) ...

Congratulations, Sky_High!

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Great news!!! well done...could you tell us the list of doc submitted and the list of docs they were after ...

Yes... 10 years ago they used to mention all the benefits a PR is eligible to. these days they dont as they still would like to have control on us... rubbish people....just ignore and be happy and enjoy the rest of your time in the country

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:20 pm

Thanks - How can they expect us to integrate in this country? To be honest, some one who got ILR through WP and T1 will not think to spend his life on benifits. I think that info material could be much more friendly.

They asked
Life in UK Test
3 Payslips
Employer letter

To be honest, the lady even did not read the letter or check payslips, she just took them and after quickly looking them, told me that she has granted ILR. This process just took 5 minutes.

My case was WP + T1. I am with the same employer for last 5 years. The case worker was very nice lady. She told me LIUK test score (even i did not ask) and aslo said that I wasted my money on T1 as I am with same employer and they arrenged 5 years work permit for me. (I think that my decision to move to T1 was correct at that time.)

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Hi ,

Did you submitted any p 60 or the caseworker did not ask for them

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:48 am

I had last 5 years P60 but case worker did not ask for them. Even she did not ask for bank statements.

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:14 pm

Congrats!!

which PEO you attended for ILR