ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport due to expire before ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ashha
Newly Registered
Bahrain

Passport due to expire before ILR

Post by Ashha » Wed May 05, 2021 7:29 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,
Hope you are well and safe.

I am on tire 1 entrepreneurial visa and we are due to apply with my family for ILR, however, our passports are due to expire on and before the date of Submitting the application, should we renew the passports before we apply? Do we need 6 months validation in the passports?

Are we getting visas stamped in the passports?
Or it will be only the change of BRP.
Thanks so much

zimba
Mood:

Re: Passport due to expire before ILR

Post by zimba » Wed May 05, 2021 11:33 pm

You must have a valid passport on the day you apply, so renew your passport if you think this is not possible for you. You do NOT need 6 months validity. You will only be issued a BRP if your ILR is successful. Also, no physical document is submitted to UKVI, only digital scans are submitted now
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice