Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Photos for new service

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SpouseOfSettler
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am

SET (M) new questions and documents

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:30 am

Hi All,

We are in the process of filling out my wife's ILR Set (M) application. Everything seems straightforward but just needed some advice on a couple of questions and also confirm we have included the right documents.

Route: 5 year
Visa Expiry: 31/12/18
BRP Expiry: 15/12/18

1. For the question, "Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?" we have answered No with the following explanation:

As I have been living in the UK, I am unable to commit to the social groups or cultural activities in
the country of my birth. The only ties I have to the country are my family and friends, with whom I keep in touch as detailed in the questions above.


Is this sufficient?

2. For the question, "Please explain why you and your partner cannot live together outside the UK", we have stated:

Due to family and economical ties we have to the UK. My partner and I are in professional secure jobs
related to our skill set and have a house on mortgage.


Again, is this enough?

3. I am able to provide a contract of employment but there is no signature on it was done electronically by clicking an 'accept' button. This was an internal move within department. Will they accept without an actual signature? Just to add, I also have a signed letter of employment from HR.

4. Are passport photos required?

5. For evidence of monthly housing costs, is my mortgage offer and council tax bill enough?

Thanks in advance for your help.

SpouseOfSettler
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am

Re: SET (M) new questions and documents

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:37 pm

One other quick question - is it mandatory to put anything for the question "Do you have any other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?"

My wife has already stated earlier in the form that we cannot live outside of the UK:

Due to family and economical ties we have to the UK. My partner and I are in professional secure jobs
related to our skill set and have a house on mortgage.


Is this enough or do we need to include any other reasons?

SpouseOfSettler
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am

Re: SET (M) new questions and documents

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:36 am

Can anyone help with this?

SpouseOfSettler
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am

Urgent: does contract of employment need to be signed?

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:52 am

Hi All,

I need some urgent help on documentation as my wife has her appointment in a few days.

We have contracts of employment from our respective companies, however my copy does not have a signature as it was an internal move within departments. At the time, I was sent an electronic copy of the new contract and all I had to do was click a button to accept the offer. The name of the HR person is on the contract but there is no signature from them either and they have since left the company.

My question is, will a signature required if the signed letter from employer matches what is on the contract and in payslips?

Regards,
SoS

SpouseOfSettler
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am

Personal bank statements period

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:21 pm

Hi,

We are going to be submitting my wife's SET(M) application soon and had a question regarding how far back should my bank statements be.

I have been working for the same company for the last 5 years so able to show up to the last 12 months worth of payslips. Therefore, do I:

1) Provide bank statements that covers the full 12 months

2) Provide bank statements that cover just the last 6 months.

Thanks,
SoS

User avatar
Casa
Moderator
Posts: 24776
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:32 pm

Re: Personal bank statements period

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:29 pm

SpouseOfSettler wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:21 pm
Hi,

We are going to be submitting my wife's SET(M) application soon and had a question regarding how far back should my bank statements be.

I have been working for the same company for the last 5 years so able to show up to the last 12 months worth of payslips. Therefore, do I:

1) Provide bank statements that covers the full 12 months

2) Provide bank statements that cover just the last 6 months. This one...with the corresponding payslips.

Thanks,
SoS
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

SpouseOfSettler
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am

Re: Personal bank statements period

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:50 pm

Thanks Casa.

Just want to clarify why you say that one as the checklist states:

Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months
prior to the date of application

allyf
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 am
Canada

Re: Personal bank statements period

Post by allyf » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:16 am

Yes if Casa could please confirm as I thought it was 12 month period as well... thank you

SpouseOfSettler
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am

Passport Photos for new service

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:50 pm

Hi,

Quick question - do we need to provide passport photos if using the new online service instead of old postal application?

We will be going to the VISA service point this week.

Thanks,
SoS

SpouseOfSettler
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am

Re: Passport Photos for new service

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi Casa,

Could you please confirm that we can provide bank statements (and corresponding payslips) that cover just the last 6 months?

Regards,
SoS

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 67689
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport Photos for new service

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:00 pm

SpouseOfSettler wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:28 pm
Hi Casa,

Could you please confirm that we can provide bank statements (and corresponding payslips) that cover just the last 6 months?

Regards,
SoS
Yes, if the employment has been with the same employer. It must include at least the last 6 months pay dates.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

allyf
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 am
Canada

Re: Passport Photos for new service

Post by allyf » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:10 pm

SpouseOfSettler wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:50 pm
Hi,

Quick question - do we need to provide passport photos if using the new online service instead of old postal application?

We will be going to the VISA service point this week.

Thanks,
SoS
Hi spouseofsettler, I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think you need to provide passport photos anymore. Hopefully one of the moderators will confirm.

I too am applying for set M but can’t do so till next week. I didn’t know the questions are now different than the paper form! Oh no..
Did you get a response for your question:
For evidence of monthly housing costs, is my mortgage offer and council tax bill enough?

I didn’t realize they were going to be asking this as it wasn’t on the old paper form. What will you be proving as proof of monthly housing costs?
Many thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 67689
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport Photos for new service

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:18 pm

There is no requirement to provide evidence of monthly costs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

allyf
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 am
Canada

Re: Passport Photos for new service

Post by allyf » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:18 pm
There is no requirement to provide evidence of monthly costs.
Ok thank you!

SpouseOfSettler
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am

Re: Passport Photos for new service

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:45 pm

The last item on my wife's document checklist states:

"Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live"

I plan to provide latest utility bills (energy, water, broadband) as well as history of mortgage payments.

I'm going to use Council Tax bill (jointly addressed) to meet these 2 requirements:

"6 letters and/or other documents addressed to you and your partner at the same address to show that you
have been living together during the past 2.5 years"

"Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live"

SoS
Last edited by SpouseOfSettler on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpouseOfSettler
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am

Re: Passport Photos for new service

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Moderators,

Could one of you please confirm regarding passport photo requirement for new process? I don't think there is but just want to be 100% sure.

SoS

allyf
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 am
Canada

Re: Passport Photos for new service

Post by allyf » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:20 pm

SpouseOfSettler wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:45 pm
The last item on my wife's document checklist states:

"Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live"

I plan to provide latest utility bills (energy, water, broadband) as well as history of mortgage payments.

I'm going to use Council Tax bill (jointly addressed) to meet these 2 requirements:

"6 letters and/or other documents addressed to you and your partner at the same address to show that you
have been living together during the past 2.5 years"

"Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live"

SoS
Thank you for confirming this...now I’m really confused as the moderator said we don’t need to provide proof of monthly housing costs🤔

SpouseOfSettler
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am

Re: Passport Photos for new service

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:53 pm

No worries allyf.

Yeah I'm confused by that too but just going with what's on my checklist.

It doesn't say anything about passport photo so I'm going to assume that is no longer needed since biometrics are done at the center anyways.

I just wish there was more guidance from the government on this new service. We're having to figure it all our by ourselves through the experience of others. There's a lot at stake to be relying on educated guesswork.

SoS

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 67689
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport Photos for new service

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:56 pm

See below links for the Set M paper form (archived) and the Set M Guidance Notes.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -form-setm

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov ... -07-18.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SpouseOfSettler
Junior Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:11 am

Re: Passport Photos for new service

Post by SpouseOfSettler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Thanks CR001, but we are doing going through the new online service. The guidance notes you linked to state passport photographs required for both applicant and spouse.

I can't find anywhere to confirm if this is also required when doing the new online form.

SoS

Locked
cron