ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependant (less than 5 years) visa status after Tier 2 General Main Applicant granted ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Leodeen
Newly Registered
Mood:

PBS Dependant (less than 5 years) visa status after Tier 2 General Main Applicant granted ILR

Post by Leodeen » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:25 pm

Hi ImmigrationBoard Team,

I have received my ILR confirmation email from UK Home Office today after completing 5 years under Tier 2 General visa.
My wife is under PBS dependant visa for 2 years and her visa is valid until 2021 January. After changing my visa status from Tier 2 general to ILR, I would like to know;
  • Does my wife need to change her PBS dependant Visa before 2021 January?
  • If I change my current employment (Tier 2 Visa sponsor), is there an impact on her PBS dependant visa?
  • She has to apply for visa extension for another 2 years in 2021 January to complete 5 years. At that time what would be her visa category?
  • If I change my employment (Tier 2 Visa sponsor) before her PBS dependant visa extension, is there an impact on her visa extension?
Thanks
Leo.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependant (less than 5 years) visa status after Tier 2 General Main Applicant granted ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:28 pm

1. No. No reason to change her visa at all.

2. Irrelevant. She is dependent on you not your tier 2 sponsor.

3. She applies for a 3 year tier 2 dependent pbs extension.

4. No, see #2 above
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Leodeen
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: PBS Dependant (less than 5 years) visa status after Tier 2 General Main Applicant granted ILR

Post by Leodeen » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:28 pm
1. No. No reason to change her visa at all.

2. Irrelevant. She is dependent on you not your tier 2 sponsor.

4. No, see #2 above
Hi,
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Regrading 3rd point;

Would you be able to provide some detailed links to read about pbs extension?
Is it PBS?

Cheers,
Leo

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:22 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Leodeen
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Leodeen » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:10 pm

Thank you very much!