ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help...

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

uvsoft
Newly Registered

Please Help...

Post by uvsoft » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi,

My hubby is eligible to apply for ILR by 15th of next month.At present I am in india with 2 months old baby.I will travel to uk by june 2010.Should I ask my husband to wait till june so that we can apply as family or it is better to ahead by March itself.Please advise.

Incase if he applies by next month, should i apply for ILE from india for me and my baby in that case what will be the charge for both application (me and baby).

Please advice
Regards
uv

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:51 pm

Whether you can apply for ILR (or ILE) depends on whether you qualify for one at the same time as your husband. On what basis is your husband eligible for ILR?

Settlement application fee from India can be viewed on VFS website.

regards

Sam123

Post by Sam123 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi Sushdmehta

Can someone apply for ILR from their native country if unable to find appointment- I am here on WP cmpleted 5 years.

Thanks
Sam123

uvsoft
Newly Registered

Post by uvsoft » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:23 am

I am depndent of work permit holder who is going to complete 5 years by march 2010.We both got married on 2006 , I came to india by oct for my delivery.

f2k
Diamond Member

Re: Please Help...

Post by f2k » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:36 pm

uvsoft wrote:Hi,

My hubby is eligible to apply for ILR by 15th of next month.At present I am in india with 2 months old baby.I will travel to uk by june 2010.Should I ask my husband to wait till june so that we can apply as family or it is better to ahead by March itself.Please advise.

Incase if he applies by next month, should i apply for ILE from india for me and my baby in that case what will be the charge for both application (me and baby).

Please advice
Regards
uv
I do not think you will be eligible for ILE as i believe this is mainly for those who have are married to a British Citizen and have lived together outside UK for the last 4years.

If your hubby applies b4 you come back then you will have to apply for a Settlement Visa , i.e under the category of 'Spouse of someone settled in UK', i believe you will get 27months and at the end of 2 years after your entry you can then apply for ILR.

Now in my opinion if your Hubby has leave to remain which is valid up to the time when you get back, it may be worthwhile for him to wait for you so you can apply as a family.