ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about Employment status and Letter for ILR as a spouse of a British citizen.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ramsnkars
Newly Registered
India

Question about Employment status and Letter for ILR as a spouse of a British citizen.

Post by ramsnkars » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:27 am

Hello All,

I have to apply for ILR as the spouse of a British citizen by the 4th of July. As per the application I need to be employed and earn min of 18k this year. I have been able to meet the 18k requirement.

However, I am between jobs. I have an employment letter from my previous employer, which has the employment start date of last year i.e 1 Feb 2021 and the employment end date of 23 June 2022. I will start another job on the 25th of July.

Q1: I understand I need to be employed on the date of application. Is that true will this create a problem for applying?
Q2: As a part of the documents, I can provide my new employment contract with the new start date. Will that be helpful?
Q3: Should I mention this fact in my cover letter so they are informed about my new employment contract and it will bring their attention to the additional employment letter that I provide.

Many thanks for your help

Regards

zimba
Mood:

Re: Question about Employment status and Letter for ILR as a spouse of a British citizen.

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:00 pm

You need to understand the requirement correctly. It is either under category A or B as per rules.
Read the guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ramsnkars
Newly Registered
India

Re: Question about Employment status and Letter for ILR as a spouse of a British citizen.

Post by ramsnkars » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:19 pm

Thank you for the link. I went through it.

I understand that I fall under category A. My financial requirements are met. I don't see any requirement for being employed at the time of application as long as I am able to prove my financial requirement. Is my understanding correct? Many thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:10 pm

??
Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more –
person residing in the UK

Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with
permission to work) is in salaried employment at the date of application and has
been with the same employer for at least 6 months prior to the date of application,
they can count their gross annual salary towards the financial requirement. In doing
so they must have been paid throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of
application at a level of gross annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied
upon in the application.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ramsnkars
Newly Registered
India

Post by ramsnkars » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:59 pm

Thankyou very much

ramsnkars
Newly Registered
India

Post by ramsnkars » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:07 pm

I have a further question. The above states 'and / or', my partner is employed with the same firm for over 3 years. Will that be sufficient to support my application and what are the documents that I need to submit. Thanks again for your time and reply

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:40 pm

ramsnkars wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:07 pm
I have a further question. The above states 'and / or', my partner is employed with the same firm for over 3 years. Will that be sufficient to support my application and what are the documents that I need to submit. Thanks again for your time and reply
The documents required under category A. Please read the guide :!: It is all there