ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on Visits outside UK - 180 Days Policy

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nachieket

Question on Visits outside UK - 180 Days Policy

Post by nachieket » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi All,

We have a policy that we cannot stay outside UK for more than 180 days in 5 years and 90 days in a year. I have read that on official homeoffice site and confirmed by calling them too.

Now, my company is willing to send me outside UK on projects and the time frame will definitely exceed 180 days. It could double up or go even further within 5 years. I can definitely get letters from employer for Business Trips on official Letter Head and everything. But is there anyone who has CONFIRMED information that such scenario will not create problem while applying for ILR after 5 years? I called homeoffice twice for this and both the homeoffice representatives had different views. First lady told me that Business Trip Letters from employer would suffice and should not create any problem while applying for ILR whereas second gentleman told me that anything can happen based on Caseworker's personal opinions.

I just wanted to check with you all if anyone has faced such scenario before and have been successful with ILR?

Thanks A Ton!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Question on Visits outside UK - 180 Days Policy

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:09 pm

nachieket wrote:Hi All,

We have a policy that we cannot stay outside UK for more than 180 days in 5 years and 90 days in a year. I have read that on official homeoffice site and confirmed by calling them too.

Now, my company is willing to send me outside UK on projects and the time frame will definitely exceed 180 days. It could double up or go even further within 5 years. I can definitely get letters from employer for Business Trips on official Letter Head and everything. But is there anyone who has CONFIRMED information that such scenario will not create problem while applying for ILR after 5 years? I called homeoffice twice for this and both the homeoffice representatives had different views. First lady told me that Business Trip Letters from employer would suffice and should not create any problem while applying for ILR whereas second gentleman told me that anything can happen based on Caseworker's personal opinions.

I just wanted to check with you all if anyone has faced such scenario before and have been successful with ILR?

Thanks A Ton!
The below document might be helpful especially Annex A

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Search the forum and there are a number of topics on this issue..
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... se+absence

piggy20007
Newly Registered

Post by piggy20007 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:55 pm

I got ILR and my days outside UK was more than 180 days. I think the case worker based their decision on several factors not just the number of days.