ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: IELTS SELT Consortium unique electronic reference number

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Samsaro
Newly Registered

Post by Samsaro » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:08 am

Dear members,

I came across the question below in Set (O) form -

4.5 Please provide details of your English language test:
Provide the SELT unique electronic reference number provided by the awarding body:

but not sure which number they are referring to in the IELTS certificate. There are two numbers in the certificate as below

1. UKVI number
2. Test Form number

Please can someone advise which number I should fill in the application form?

Appreciate your earliest reply.

Many thanks,
Sam

ILR2020
Newly Registered

Post by ILR2020 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:23 am

Hi. Put UKVI NUMBER WIthout slashes on the form.

This is made of IEL plus date of test plus centre code plus your candidate number.

They verify online so documentary evidence is not required but helps if you enclose it along with one photocopy.

Samsaro
Newly Registered

Post by Samsaro » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:51 am

ILR2020 wrote:Hi. Put UKVI NUMBER WIthout slashes on the form.

This is made of IEL plus date of test plus centre code plus your candidate number.

They verify online so documentary evidence is not required but helps if you enclose it along with one photocopy.
many thanks mate, much appreciated.

Sam.

ashafqat2

Post by ashafqat2 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:18 pm

What about B1 certificate

In this certificate we have three different IDs

Qualification Number: 500/1934/X
Trinity ID:1-484689998:1-4748492892
Candidate Number:1-4748492892

Any idea which one to choose?

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Thu May 12, 2016 7:34 am

ashafqat2 wrote:What about B1 certificate

In this certificate we have three different IDs

Qualification Number: 500/1934/X
Trinity ID:1-484689998:1-4748492892
Candidate Number:1-4748492892

Any idea which one to choose?
I just passed my Trinity test and in my certificate instead of Trinity ID it is UER (Unique electronic reference) which i need to give in application form.
Disclaimer: This post does not contain legal advice

shadeout_mapes
Newly Registered

Post by shadeout_mapes » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:18 am

abhisheks9 wrote: I just passed my Trinity test and in my certificate instead of Trinity ID it is UER (Unique electronic reference) which i need to give in application form.
Did you supply your certificate or just your UER number for your application? I know this question seems arbitrary and anyone else's experience would be helpful too, because I am unlikely to have my certificate before my NCS appointment, but obviously know I have passed.

I was told to use the candidate ID number on my application for naturalisation (which I received from Trinity on the examination report).

My Candidate ID is in this format: "1-771635-1" is this the same as your UER?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:40 am

Assuming you are looking at valid SELT certificates, see related question:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... r#p1326455

From Trinity FAQs:
I am applying to UKVI and require my SELT Unique Reference Number. Where can I find this information?
If you took the exam before 6 April 2015 or after 18 August 2015:

You will find the reference number on your certificate. For example: 1-49961234567.

If you took the exam between 6 April and 17 August 2015:

You will find the reference number in the emails you received from Trinity. For example: TCL 123456/123456/123456789. (Note: Do not put / in the spaces provided on the application form.)

All reference numbers shown above are for example purposes only.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

shadeout_mapes
Newly Registered

Post by shadeout_mapes » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:04 am

noajthan wrote:Assuming you are looking at valid SELT certificates, see related question:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... r#p1326455

From Trinity FAQs:
I think you missed the nuances of my questions, so ill make a little clearer.

I don't have the certificate for my Trinity College GESA Grade 5 Exam which I took on 16 July 2016. Is the reference number on your certificate the same as the Candidate ID on the examination report given on the day.

Mine is in this format: "1-771635-1" Is this similar to yours?

And lastly, did you only provide the reference number, or your certificate as well?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:16 am

shadeout_mapes wrote:I think you missed the nuances of my questions, so ill make a little clearer.

I don't have the certificate for my Trinity College GESA Grade 5 Exam which I took on 16 July 2016. Is the reference number on your certificate the same as the Candidate ID on the examination report given on the day.

Mine is in this format: "1-771635-1" Is this similar to yours?

And lastly, did you only provide the reference number, or your certificate as well?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
A very subtle and obscure question indeed.
However the FAQ will help all members.

No guarantee anyone else's certificate is quite like yours; who knows how they may or may not change over time.

Yes, provide certificate as per AN guide..
You will need to provide ...:
a Home Office approved qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, from the Secure English Language Test list.
You should ensure that you state the test number at section 1.23 of the form

shadeout_mapes
Newly Registered

Post by shadeout_mapes » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:43 am

You're being less than helpful. I have read the FAQ and firstly it doesn't answer all my questions, and I'm also trying to get information from other peoples experiences.

Im trying to ascertain whether the reference number on peoples certificates is the same as the Candidate ID on the examination report given on the day.

I have also read AN Guide, and while it says you need to provide the test number, it doesn't mention the certificate. Ie. is the test number sufficient when they say "provide...a Home Office approved qualification in English".

So has anyone not provided the certificate and only the test number?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:12 pm

shadeout_mapes wrote:You're being less than helpful. I have read the FAQ and firstly it doesn't answer all my questions, and I'm also trying to get information from other peoples experiences.

Im trying to ascertain whether the reference number on peoples certificates is the same as the Candidate ID on the examination report given on the day.

I have also read AN Guide, and while it says you need to provide the test number, it doesn't mention the certificate. Ie. is the test number sufficient when they say "provide...a Home Office approved qualification in English".

So has anyone not provided the certificate and only the test number?
As referenced above, the Trinity FAQ :!: :!: :!:

There is no guarantee that what any other Tom, Dick or Harry has done will apply to you.

Suggest dig out that certificate and take it with you to NCS.

The guidance is clear, think of it as a mini English test if you will.

The certificate is needed and, as mere agents, NCS clerks will go by the numbers and ask you for it. (They certainly asked my wife for hers).

dnedunga
Newly Registered

Post by dnedunga » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:18 pm

[quote="shadeout_mapes"]You're being less than helpful. I have read the FAQ and firstly it doesn't answer all my questions, and I'm also trying to get information from other peoples experiences.

So has anyone not provided the certificate and only the test number?[/quote]

Hello,
The UER will be in the format - TCL/DDMMYY/XXXXXX/XXXXXXXXX

If you have already registered for your exam- the appointment email should have this number as the first line. However I would suggest that you wait for the certificate to arrive before you go for a PEO appointment.
It is not mandatory to provide the certificate as part of your application, the UER is sufficient. However providing the certificate speeds up the application approval process.

I personally waited for the certificate before I went to the in-person application. I didn't want to take any chances, after all it costs an arm and a leg.

All the best....
Cheers,