ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recent payslip outside 28-days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adlrose
Newly Registered
Canada

IRL Set (M) - Travel in-between application and biometrics

Post by adlrose » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:27 am

Hi there,

I've tried to find the answer to this but have read some unclear answers so I thought I'd take a shot.

I've received some conflicting advice about if applications are or are not valid/official until your biometrics are submitted vs. when the application is submitted online (I know the home office bases its decision off of the online submission date).

My dilemma:

BRP expiration date: October 8, 2021
60-months under LR (M): September 9, 2021

I want to submit my application as soon as possible now that I'm eligible especially since biometric and Super Priority appointments are hard to come by. Obviously, I want to buy myself as much time as possible in the process.

However, I absolutely have to go back to Canada for 2-weeks this month for family reasons and don't arrive back in the UK until September 25th.

If I wait to submit the online application that only gives me 13-days before my expiration date which gives me a bit of anxiety. It doesn't leave a lot of room for potentially snagging an important Super Priority appointment or a biometrics appointment within 45-days of submission.

Now I've received conflicting advice on this! Can I submit my online application before I go to Canada and then have my biometrics appointment after I return? The logic here is that they now only need digital copies of documents (like passports) instead of physical copies and the application isn't actually processed or considered until I'm back anyway. However, I've also read that travelling after submitting only the online application could be grounds for refusal?

Submitting before also poses a situation where I wouldn't declare my 16-day trip to Canada on the application (as time outside the UK) as it's still in the future.

Any guidance would be appreciated here! Do I have to take the risk of submitting the online application when I'm back at the end of Sept?

zimba
Mood:

Re: IRL Set (M) - Travel in-between application and biometrics

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:38 pm

Apply when you are back from your travel. Travelling after submitting an application is risky as your application could be considered withdrawn if you leave the UK. I aways advise against travel after you apply
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:35 pm

adlrose wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:27 am
Hi there,

I've tried to find the answer to this but have read some unclear answers so I thought I'd take a shot.

I've received some conflicting advice about if applications are or are not valid/official until your biometrics are submitted vs. when the application is submitted online (I know the home office bases its decision off of the online submission date).

My dilemma:

BRP expiration date: October 8, 2021
60-months under LR (M): September 9, 2021

I want to submit my application as soon as possible now that I'm eligible especially since biometric and Super Priority appointments are hard to come by. Obviously, I want to buy myself as much time as possible in the process.

However, I absolutely have to go back to Canada for 2-weeks this month for family reasons and don't arrive back in the UK until September 25th.

If I wait to submit the online application that only gives me 13-days before my expiration date which gives me a bit of anxiety. It doesn't leave a lot of room for potentially snagging an important Super Priority appointment or a biometrics appointment within 45-days of submission.

Now I've received conflicting advice on this! Can I submit my online application before I go to Canada and then have my biometrics appointment after I return? The logic here is that they now only need digital copies of documents (like passports) instead of physical copies and the application isn't actually processed or considered until I'm back anyway. However, I've also read that travelling after submitting only the online application could be grounds for refusal?

Submitting before also poses a situation where I wouldn't declare my 16-day trip to Canada on the application (as time outside the UK) as it's still in the future.

Any guidance would be appreciated here! Do I have to take the risk of submitting the online application when I'm back at the end of Sept?
You can fill the online application, line up your evidence and supporting documents for upload and submit the application on returning from Canada. Note that so far you submit before expiration of current leave there is nothing to fear.
Getting super priority appointment may not be guaranteed but so far submission is in date, then one way or the other you are on good grounds and retain all existing rights till you receive decision.

adlrose
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by adlrose » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:46 pm

Thank you both so much for your help/advice.

I will get everything ready but submit the application when I return.

adlrose
Newly Registered
Canada

Recent payslip outside 28-days

Post by adlrose » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:54 am

Hi there,

I'm in a bit of a panic because I just submitted my application online on 26-09-21 and had everything ready to go.

However, I worry I may have made a fatal error with my application:
Application submitted: 26-09-21
Payslips released: 27-09-21 (and on the 27th of each month)
Does this makes 27-08-21 my last payslip in the eyes of the Home Office and therefore outside of 28-days?

Now my official documents checklist doesn't mention the 28-day rule and I wasn't sure if it still applied; it just says before application.

My bank statements are within 28-days but my salary goes in on the 27th of each month.

Will they accept my August payslip AND my September 27th payslip to show how close / regular it is? Or is the Home Office binary with these decisions and my application is now up for a straight-forward rejection?

If my application is a clear rejection, should I be seeking a refund and withdrawal of my current application before starting a new application?

Thanks so much for the help! I've been so good with the details and don't know how I slipped with the payslip dates. I feel like a total idiot because I also booked a Super Priority Service.

The good news is I haven't submitted biometrics or booked a Sopia Seria appointment so should eventually get a full refund if I go ahead with a withdrawal.

adlrose
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Recent payslip outside 28-days

Post by adlrose » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:13 am

One follow-up question.

My BRP expires on 08-10-21.

Will submitting a withdrawal delay or impede me from applying again? I don't need to wait for a decision? Ideally, I'd like to apply again right away after submitting a withdrawal (if I have to).

adlrose
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by adlrose » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:13 pm

Hopefully, I'm not annoying by bumping this.

I just want to be sure based on people's experience that withdrawing is the best route for this scenario.

If so, can I withdraw and request a refund and immediately reapply?

A new issue arises if/when I withdraw and re-apply to include the September 27th payslip: my next bank statement reflecting that Sept 27th pay-slip isn't issued until October 7th (a day before my BRP expires). Does my new payslip have to be reflected in the bank statement? If so, I'll have to ask my bank to issue a new statement before the 7th.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:32 pm

Your supporting documents must be dated on or before the date you submit and pay online, which is the application date. Your biometrics appointment is irrelevant to this.

If you choose to withdraw, you can reapply at any time, there is no exclusion period. Refunds can take many weeks though.

You don't have to wait for your next official statement. Go to the bank and get them to print one!

Your payslips must match the pay credit in your corresponding bank statement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adlrose
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by adlrose » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:32 pm
Your supporting documents must be dated on or before the date you submit and pay online, which is the application date. Your biometrics appointment is irrelevant to this.

If you choose to withdraw, you can reapply at any time, there is no exclusion period. Refunds can take many weeks though.

You don't have to wait for your next official statement. Go to the bank and get them to print one!

Your payslips must match the pay credit in your corresponding bank statement.
Thank you for this!

So with that answer in-mind, I should go ahead with the withdrawal. Thank you! I will do the above.

Do you know if the correct withdrawal application form is the same as this 'Request to Return Documents' form? https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... 1629216481 (or is there another place?)

The guidance is a bit confusing especially as I have yet to submit or send any documents anyway. Plus the declaration states; "By withdrawing I will not get a refund" which is contradictory to the official guidance on the 'Cancel your visa' page.

Thanks so much for your advice! I understand the refund will take a while and I'm fortunate that I've got enough savings to temporarily cover a second payment.