ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding ILR eligibility for spouse Tier 2 general

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aastha09
Newly Registered

Regarding ILR eligibility for spouse Tier 2 general

Post by Aastha09 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:20 pm

Hi Experts,

I am currently on tier 2 general valid until 14th october 2021.My spouse's visa start after 22 days of my visa start date. My question to you all is, I want to apply for ILR (which i will be eligible in 7th September 2021) with my spouse. Is it possible?

Also i have 3 year old kid,can i apply for all of us together in one application? If yes what are the documents needed and if no what are the odds?

Any help will be much appreciated.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Regarding ILR eligibility for spouse Tier 2 general

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:19 pm

Yes, one SET(O) application can be done.

Note that your kids do NOT need ILR if they were born in the UK and you want to get them registered as British using the form MN1 after one parent gets ILR. So do not need to include them in that case

Book the appointment on a day where both you and your spouse are eligible. You get a document list to submit after submission online
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Aastha09
Newly Registered

Post by Aastha09 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:33 pm

Thank you so much @zimba. Just another quick question. I am completing my 4 yrs 11 months on 7 September and my spouse is completing 4yrs 11 months on 29 th September. Our tier 2 general visa is ending on 14th October. Does this mean that me and my spouse both can apply on 30th September?

Also can you please help me with the list of documents need to submit with the online application?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:39 pm

Aastha09 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:33 pm
Thank you so much zimba. Just another quick question. I am completing my 4 yrs 11 months on 7 September and my spouse is completing 4yrs 11 months on 29 th September. Our tier 2 general visa is ending on 14th October. Does this mean that me and my spouse both can apply on 30th September?

Also can you please help me with the list of documents need to submit with the online application?
Correct. As I said, the online system will give you the document list

I suggest reading the settlement section under this guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Aastha09
Newly Registered

Post by Aastha09 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:41 pm

Apologies if you have replied the question related to documents.