ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning resident

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kevin66
Newly Registered

Returning resident

Post by kevin66 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:51 am

I lived with my wife & children in UK for 15 years; my wife and daughter had ILR, my son was born in UK; just over 2 years ago we decided to emigrate. But now realizing this was a bad move, wish to return to the UK. I understand that the ILR will be revoked, whats the process for re-application, - do I need to be resident in the UK for this to happen?

vinny

Re: Returning resident

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:08 am

Apply for returning resident entry clearances.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kevin66
Newly Registered

Post by kevin66 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:34 am

... but Returning Resident status requires return in less than 2 years out of the country....

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:45 pm

It also covers entry under paragraph 19.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.