ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary is paid in cash, cheque - ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

quoc
Newly Registered

Salary is paid in cash, cheque - ILR application

Post by quoc » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 1 now, I plan to apply for my ILR next few months. Recently I have just finished my fixed-term contract and now looking for a new job. While looking for a proper job, I am at the moment working on a temporary job which my salary is paid in cash/cheque. The cash/cheque is paid after my employer has deducted Tax and NI contribution. Does this cash/cheque paid salary cause any problem when I apply for my ILR? If anyone knows the answer please help me.

Thanks a lot.

Natita

Post by Natita » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:33 am

Hi,
I believe 3-month payslips are among the supporting documents required for ILR application; are those available from your employer? I have not heard that they cross check those figures with the bank statements but I would be on the safe side to transfer exact amount as shown on payslips to your bank, just in case. As for the mode of payment, just my opinion, I don't think cheque or cash will affect the application. But listen to what experts would say. Good luck!

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:03 pm

there shoudlnt be a problem as long as u have payslips for same period. mode of payment doesnt matter.

quoc
Newly Registered

Post by quoc » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Natita wrote:Hi,
I believe 3-month payslips are among the supporting documents required for ILR application; are those available from your employer?
Hi Natita and xyz,

Thanks a lot your your reply.

Yes, my employer does provide me these payslips. However, when they paid me in cash, let say, 100.50 pounds/month then I only deposited 100 pounds into my bank account (not exactly amount 100.50 pounds). Don't know if this is OK?

Thanks again.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:40 pm

quoc wrote:
Natita wrote:Hi,
I believe 3-month payslips are among the supporting documents required for ILR application; are those available from your employer?
Hi Natita and xyz,

Thanks a lot your your reply.

Yes, my employer does provide me these payslips. However, when they paid me in cash, let say, 100.50 pounds/month then I only deposited 100 pounds into my bank account (not exactly amount 100.50 pounds). Don't know if this is OK?

Thanks again.
i am pretty sure its ok. as long as u r paying tax/NI and have payslips home office have no rights to insist on direct to bank payment for salary. you should be fine.

Natita

Post by Natita » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:41 pm

I think it should be ok as the current rules do not require us to provide evidences as that for Tier 1, i.e. two sources of evidence that corroborate. The reason that I suggested to deposit the exact amount into your bank account is that so that you would be covered should the rules change as they are talking about 'salary criteria' (follow link below) again. But if you will apply before Apr 11, do not worry then.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ual-limits