ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Question...

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xzaf

Salary Question...

Post by xzaf » Mon May 30, 2022 5:30 pm

Hi
A question on behalf of a friend, he wants to know, he gets paid weekly depending on the hours he works but he is on salaried employment and have been with the same employer for almost 2 years.

So, e.g. 1 week he gets paid £320 and another week he gets paid £300, so how does he workout his monthly salary and then 12 months?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Salary Question...

Post by zimba » Tue May 31, 2022 10:49 am

How come he is on salaried employment? Have you read the guide on what it means ? The guide gives detailed explanations and examples on this under category A:
The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is how gross annual salary or employment income is calculated:

Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout
the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual
salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore,
the figure used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary
received during the 6 month period.

Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual
employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the
person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6
months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout
that period).
Read the guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Thanks for the response Zimba,

Apology for the late response, as was waiting for some further info.
so,

Partner is on zero-hours so his average annual income comes to £15,360 as he's on non-salaried employment.

Applicant's is on salaried employment minimum of 16 hours per week, BUT some weeks she works 20/30 hours so therefore her monthly salary are as follow:

Jan - £1,388.00
Feb - £1,019.00
Mar - £ 559.80
Apr - £ 746.00
May -£1,017.00
Jun - waiting....

Based on the above figures do they meet the financial requirement of £18,600 ?

if so how and do home office take into account the above wage slips with the least amount (Mar - £559.80) or the maximum (Jan -£1,388.00) to work out the income of the applicant or do they simply just add all the 6 wage slips together? this is confusing me and i cant get my head around this... :? :?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:20 pm

I posted the guide. Why don't you read it ????
To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the
following calculation should be used:

(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6-month period, divided
by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted
towards the financial requirement.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:05 pm

Thanks for the response Zimba,

I understand how to work out non-salaried employment, i was trying to highlight the salary of the Applicant even though she is contracted to work a minimum of 16 hours per week, but some weeks she works more as per the above post, does this mean she is in a non-salaried employment?

I struggle to understand the difference between salaried and non-salaried employment? :)

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:25 pm

Again I posted the exact excerpt from the guide that tells you the difference. She is on anon-salaried employment

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:32 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:25 pm
Again I posted the exact excerpt from the guide that tells you the difference. She is on anon-salaried employment
Hi Zimba,

Just another clarification if you don't mind pls, the applicant gets paid on weekly basis and the sponsor is paid monthly.

So its straightforward to work out average salary using the below formula for the sponsor....

by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income).

Do i use the same formula using weeks to work out applicant's average salary or still monthly. if i use monthly formula it works out slightly more in yearly average and less if i use 52 weeks to calculate yearly salary. e.g...

by 26 weeks) multiplied by 52 weeks = Income).

Thanks

xzaf

Post by xzaf » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:04 pm

Anyone with an answer to my above post please?