ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (0) - Queries - lived in another country, dependent visa, and evidence of stay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iampranavvirmani
Newly Registered

Set (0) - Queries - lived in another country, dependent visa, and evidence of stay

Post by iampranavvirmani » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:46 pm

Hi All: Both me and my wife were
On Tier 2 ICT Visa from Aug 2014
Moved to Tier 4 Dependent in Oct 2016 (wife as main Tier 4)
Switched to Tier 2 General in Oct 2017 with wife dependent
My 5 years for ILR will complete in Oct 22, and can apply 28 days before end of Oct 2022
Queries:
1. I wanted to apply my ILR first and not apply for ILR of my wife at the same time and later once I receive, is that permitted?

2. Question - Date you first entered the UK, has a subtext - This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started - should I use Oct 2017 or Oct 2016 (as switch from Tier 4 Dependent to Tier 2 was in country) or Tier 2 ICT Aug 2014?

3. Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth? - do I need to give details of all countries from Birth even before 2014? Like I went on a business trip to Italy for 5 weeks in 2012, do I need to even mention that?

4. What evidence will you provide to support the reasons for all absences from the UK and Crown Dependencies? I was on Long Term sick leave during Covid, and had to go to country of Birth for 90 days, I do not exceed 180 days period - do I need anything additional as an evidence?

5. What evidence do I need for all other absences - just visa stamps?

Apologies - but wanted to club all queries in 1 and I did research a lot in the forum but could not find answers to the situations I am in except for point 2, again not very similar existing query.

Many thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Set (0) - Queries - lived in another country, dependent visa, and evidence of stay

Post by manci » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:16 pm

iampranavvirmani wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:46 pm
1. I wanted to apply my ILR first and not apply for ILR of my wife at the same time and later once I receive, is that permitted?
Yes but make sure she has SW dependant permission until she applies for ILR
iampranavvirmani wrote:
2. Question - Date you first entered the UK, has a subtext - This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started - should I use Oct 2017 or Oct 2016 (as switch from Tier 4 Dependent to Tier 2 was in country) or Tier 2 ICT Aug 2014?
Oct 2016
iampranavvirmani wrote:
3. Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth? - do I need to give details of all countries from Birth even before 2014?
Yes but "living in" means being resident in a country - visits don't count in this context.
iampranavvirmani wrote:
4. What evidence will you provide to support the reasons for all absences from the UK and Crown Dependencies? I was on Long Term sick leave during Covid, and had to go to country of Birth for 90 days, I do not exceed 180 days period - do I need anything additional as an evidence?
If you have evidence, for instance for your sick leave, provide it, otherwise just state the reason, e.g. holiday.
iampranavvirmani wrote:
5. What evidence do I need for all other absences - just visa stamps?
Yes
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Set (0) - Queries - lived in another country, dependent visa, and evidence of stay

Post by Ticktack » Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:17 pm

iampranavvirmani wrote:
Hi All: Both me and my wife were
On Tier 2 ICT Visa from Aug 2014
Moved to Tier 4 Dependent in Oct 2016 (wife as main Tier 4)
Switched to Tier 2 General in Oct 2017 with wife dependent
My 5 years for ILR will complete in Oct 22, and can apply 28 days before end of Oct 2022
Queries:
1. I wanted to apply my ILR first and not apply for ILR of my wife at the same time and later once I receive, is that permitted?Yes, but apply for your wife before her current visa expires

2. Question - Date you first entered the UK, has a subtext - This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started - should I use Oct 2017 or Oct 2016 (as switch from Tier 4 Dependent to Tier 2 was in country) or Tier 2 ICT Aug 2014?You can use the 2014 as you switched in country. But if you went out and switched before re-entry, then 2016.

3. Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth? - do I need to give details of all countries from Birth even before 2014? Like I went on a business trip to Italy for 5 weeks in 2012, do I need to even mention that?Lived in not visited!

4. What evidence will you provide to support the reasons for all absences from the UK and Crown Dependencies? I was on Long Term sick leave during Covid, and had to go to country of Birth for 90 days, I do not exceed 180 days period - do I need anything additional as an evidence?Passport should suffice if non EU, as you get stamped in.

5. What evidence do I need for all other absences - just visa stamps? Data page and all pages of current and all used passports since you cam to the UK.

Apologies - but wanted to club all queries in 1 and I did research a lot in the forum but could not find answers to the situations I am in except for point 2, again not very similar existing query.

Many thanks
Keep asking your questions in this same thread.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

iampranavvirmani
Newly Registered

Post by iampranavvirmani » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:30 am

So many thanks for the replies.

Another question, if both parents get ILR settled status then is the ILR application for the child free of cost?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:31 am

iampranavvirmani wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:30 am
Another question, if both parents get ILR settled status then is the ILR application for the child free of cost?
No, there is no 'free' cost for children regardless of the parents status. Each applicant, regardless of age, has to pay the ILR fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iampranavvirmani
Newly Registered

Post by iampranavvirmani » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:27 am

Thank you so much. So if I apply for ILR now and let’s assume I get ILR in first week of October using Priority service, if I don’t apply for ILR for my son - his Visa is valid until 18 Oct 2023, and I apply for Passport next year in October and get it (lots of ifs I know) - in that case can I directly apply for his Passport saving on the ILR cost?just a caveat - my son was born in UK, is 2.5 years now and holds Indian Passport. Can we apply for his naturalisation once I get ILR to save on ILR cost?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:37 am

Once you get ILR, you can REGISTER the child as British on form MN1, costing £1012 first before you can apply for a passport. This is separate to the passport fee once the Child is registered as British.

Once you register the child as British, they will lose their Indian citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iampranavvirmani
Newly Registered

Post by iampranavvirmani » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:30 pm

I cant tell you how thankful, I am - few more questions:
1. While examining my visa stamps, I remembered in 2016, before the period I am basing my application on, we went to France on a ferry using coach and returned on the same way. While on the way back, France did not stamp our exit and UK border agency in France stamped - saying we dont need a France stamp while exiting from Ferry. After that I have applied for Schengen Visa twice, never had any issue and have been travelling fine and also applied my UK Tier 2 General visa. Also similarly while exiting Lisbon in 2016, the exit stamp is very blur (no one can read it) - do I need to be worried about this for ILR? Do I need to contact France and Portugal foreign offices?
2. In 2019 - I went to India via a stop over top Bahrain to see a friend and left the country the same date. In the absences from UK, should I mention India or Bahrain? India was main destination, Bahrain was a stop over for few hours?
3. I was on Shared parental leave and parental leave in 2019, before renewal of my Tier 2 General for 4 weeks in total with no impact on my pay, do I need to submit any payslips for that period?
4. Two documents required by Home office are - Current BRP and Evidence of Immigration status - are they not the same thing? What else do I require apart from BRP?

Questions on Spouse application:
My wife is on dependent Tier 2 General and I intend to first apply for ILR, if successful I then intend to apply for her ILR:
A. In spouse visa - I need to use Set Form (o) as she is on Tier 2 Dependent right?
B. When my wife applies as a dependent - does she need to submit any documentation for maternity leave and maternity pay slips? - she was always my dependent
C. Does she need any letter from her employer confirming her income or do I need to obtain any additional document from my employer for the same?
D. Spouse form - should I choose that she is dependent of Tier 2 General applicant, even if I would have received settled status by then?
E. Last - one the questions is partner's application number for my spouse to link our applications, even if I would have received settled status, do I need to give my application reference number (whenever I submit hers)?

Regards,
Again many thanks you all have been very helpful

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:29 am

iampranavvirmani wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:30 pm
I cant tell you how thankful, I am - few more questions:
1. While examining my visa stamps, I remembered in 2016, before the period I am basing my application on, we went to France on a ferry using coach and returned on the same way. While on the way back, France did not stamp our exit and UK border agency in France stamped - saying we dont need a France stamp while exiting from Ferry. After that I have applied for Schengen Visa twice, never had any issue and have been travelling fine and also applied my UK Tier 2 General visa. Also similarly while exiting Lisbon in 2016, the exit stamp is very blur (no one can read it) - do I need to be worried about this for ILR? Do I need to contact France and Portugal foreign offices?No issues, UK stamps are all that matters.
2. In 2019 - I went to India via a stop over top Bahrain to see a friend and left the country the same date. In the absences from UK, should I mention India or Bahrain? India was main destination, Bahrain was a stop over for few hours?You can use either, no issues. Almost feels like a stopover.
3. I was on Shared parental leave and parental leave in 2019, before renewal of my Tier 2 General for 4 weeks in total with no impact on my pay, do I need to submit any payslips for that period?You need payslips for your last 6 months, not you last 6 years!
4. Two documents required by Home office are - Current BRP and Evidence of Immigration status - are they not the same thing? What else do I require apart from BRP?Yes for you. Might not be for someone else.

Questions on Spouse application:
My wife is on dependent Tier 2 General and I intend to first apply for ILR, if successful I then intend to apply for her ILR:
A. In spouse visa - I need to use Set Form (o) as she is on Tier 2 Dependent right? correct
B. When my wife applies as a dependent - does she need to submit any documentation for maternity leave and maternity pay slips? - she was always my dependent Depends on when she's applying and if she's using her job wages.
C. Does she need any letter from her employer confirming her income or do I need to obtain any additional document from my employer for the same?Either of you meeting the requirements.
D. Spouse form - should I choose that she is dependent of Tier 2 General applicant, even if I would have received settled status by then?Yes, HO know the rules.
E. Last - one the questions is partner's application number for my spouse to link our applications, even if I would have received settled status, do I need to give my application reference number (whenever I submit hers)?Not required, you're overthinking the process.

Regards,
Again many thanks you all have been very helpful

iampranavvirmani
Newly Registered

Post by iampranavvirmani » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:18 pm

Really apologies, I unintentionally made a mistake of jumping into some others topic. I am new to forums and I thought it might be easier to tag my question on the same lines I see there, did not realise that might not be the best way.

All I wanted to find out from a topic I picked up on was - I can see some people are uploading their P60 - a friend of mine also did and also added their mortgage statement. Now in case of Tier 2 General dependent applying after Tier 2 general would have received their ILR or even for Tier 2 general - why do I not have to or asked to attach P60 or mortgage deed - is it because the income is supported by employer reference letter?

Once again apologies

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:15 pm

iampranavvirmani wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:18 pm
Really apologies, I unintentionally made a mistake of jumping into some others topic. I am new to forums and I thought it might be easier to tag my question on the same lines I see there, did not realise that might not be the best way.

All I wanted to find out from a topic I picked up on was - I can see some people are uploading their P60 - a friend of mine also did and also added their mortgage statement. Now in case of Tier 2 General dependent applying after Tier 2 general would have received their ILR or even for Tier 2 general - why do I not have to or asked to attach P60 or mortgage deed - is it because the income is supported by employer reference letter?

Once again apologies
Every case is different. Some people are EU citizens and as such never get stamped when they entered the UK (multiple occasions). They would need other documents to prove residency. You aren't one and get stamped every time you enter into the UK, so your passport is enough to prove you live here and how long you've been away from at a go.

It's just easier for other users or members with similar questions as yours to follow your Q & A. Hence nice to stick to your own thread.

iampranavvirmani
Newly Registered

Post by iampranavvirmani » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:58 am

Many thanks to everyone for the replies, I have received my ILR all thanks to all of you.

I had one last question - I am now doing my wife's application and will be looking to book an appointment before 10th Nov for priority 5 day service. Her Passport expires on 14th December this year. Would that have any impact on her application? Is it advisable to get her passport renewed first? Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:30 am

iampranavvirmani wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:58 am
Would that have any impact on her application?
No.

Note that the appointment is NOT the priority service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

iampranavvirmani
Newly Registered

Post by iampranavvirmani » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:25 pm

Many thanks for this. Now to questions on Child Naturalisation who was born in the UK is now about to turn 3 in December:
1. Thanks to Immigration Boards guidance, I have received my ILR, can my wife apply for her ILR and I apply for my son Naturalisation in parallel?
2. The application form for my son naturalisation is this one? -https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1664018410
i.e. Apply for registration of a child under 18 as a British citizen
3. Given my son is born in UK, does he still need references?
4. Guidance for referee says - "Where the applicant is a child applying, one referee should be a professional who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion." - I am not sure if his nursery will be ready to give that information and also given he is less than 3 years old and he is going to nursery since 18 months, they would not have known him or us since 3 years?
5. Form asks if you have been living at this address for last 5 years? Given he is not even 3, should I say yes? Or should I answer the question for myself and given I have been living at my current address since 4 years so do I give my previous address as well?
6. To a question - "Are either of the parents of the child (as stated in this application) applying for naturalisation as a British citizen on an AN form?" As I have just received ILR and not eligible to apply for British Citizenship until a year more - I should say No?

Many thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:31 pm

This is the ILR forum. Please start a new post in the British citizenship forum instead. Children do not naturalise, they get registered as British
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice