Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

SET(LR) Long Resident

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).

This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba

Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:31 pm

SET(LR) Long Resident

Post by Aishnee » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Hello there

I came to UK in Feb 2007 and since then I was in student visa till Nov 2014 and claim asylum befor my visa runs out (at that time my student visa not expired and was valid till Apr 2015)however I was granted refugee status in Feb 2017 in which is valid till Feb 2023.
Are there any possible way that I can apply for permanent resident on the base of 10 years LR since I’m living in UK 11 years by now. Can anyone please advise me please.thanks