ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set m appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

salak100
Newly Registered

Set m -limited company

Post by salak100 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:13 am

Hi,
While filling set m for my wife, I have come across this question whether I am a director of a limited company. I am in full time employment and will satisfy income requirents through that. U have recently registered a limited company as I am thinking of selling some items on Amazon. Do I need to declare that I am a director? I don't want to then try and gather all the info needed for a limited company.

Is there an easier way? Your help will be much appreciated

Regards
Salman

zimba
Mood:

Re: Set m -limited company

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:17 pm

No need to answer that if you are not relying on your income from that company
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

salak100
Newly Registered

Set (M) DLA

Post by salak100 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:03 am

Hi,

I am almost done with filling out application for my wife to apply for ilr on set m. Our son who is British is entitled to DLA and I receive that in my account. For financial requirements, I have a job that satisfies it. I am confused about a couple of items

One: I could not find anywhere in the form where I could mention anything about son. Am I correct in assuming that I do not have to add him as an additional applicant

Two: one question relates to benefits. Do I say that I receive DLA? I am inclined towards a NO as I receive it on behalf of my son. Am I correct in my thinking?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
SK

salak100
Newly Registered

Re: Set m - has the form changed

Post by salak100 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:41 pm

Hi

As I am completing the set m form, I noticed that there is a change in the English test. When I did a test run a few days ago, it asked me for a selt number but now it's just a yes or a no but the description says, "did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?".

This has me confused as my wife has a b1 which was used for flr m previously but not for indefinite leave application. I have tried selecting yes and no and no additional info is asked for in either case.

Can somebody kindly help

salak100
Newly Registered

Re: Set m - has the form changed

Post by salak100 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:51 pm

salak100 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:13 am
Hi,
While filling set m for my wife, I have come across this question whether I am a director of a limited company. I am in full time employment and will satisfy income requirents through that. U have recently registered a limited company as I am thinking of selling some items on Amazon. Do I need to declare that I am a director? I don't want to then try and gather all the info needed for a limited company.

Is there an easier way? Your help will be much appreciated

Regards
Salman

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:58 pm

It is likely a glitch with the system.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

salak100
Newly Registered

Post by salak100 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:01 pm

Thanks Chaar,

Would I be better off waiting for a day or so or just submitting the application with a no selected but obviously sending the test certificate.

Regards
SK

salak100
Newly Registered

Set m appointment

Post by salak100 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:26 am

Hi,

My wife is applying for ilr via set m. Her appointment at croyden is next week. I just wanted to know if I as the sponsor will need to accompany her or just giving her my original passport will work?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set m appointment

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:32 am

salak100 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:26 am
Hi,

My wife is applying for ilr via set m. Her appointment at croyden is next week. I just wanted to know if I as the sponsor will need to accompany her or just giving her my original passport will work?
No you do not have to go with her.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.