ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (M) - Evidence of my partners settled status in the UK.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Penny73
Newly Registered
Thailand

SET M - Dependant Child - Online Application Question

Post by Penny73 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:58 pm

I've just been filling out my online SET M application for myself and my over 18 year old dependant daughter. I'm confused by two questions in my section Applicant 2 - Dependant child. At the beginning of this section there is an explanation that the questions will be addressing the child and it seems that "you" and "your" normally refer to the child in this section. However, there are then the following two questions that don't make sense:
Spouse/Partner Details
"Are you and your partner married or in a civil partnership?"
Parent Details
"What is your partner's relationship to you?"

Do I assume that "you" in the first question and "your" in the second refer to the parent main applicant? I clearly don't want to say that my child is married by mistake as that would make them illegible for the visa.

One more question:
For the financial requirement can I use a letter from the bank that was sent as a pdf file by email. It looks like it meets all the main requirements as it has proper letter head, logo etc. The rules say a letter should be on bank stationary so I don't know if that includes a letter in pdf format.

Many thanks for the help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: SET M - Dependant Child - Online Application Question

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:02 pm

Penny73 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:58 pm
I've just been filling out my online SET M application for myself and my over 18 year old dependant daughter. I'm confused by two questions in my section Applicant 2 - Dependant child. At the beginning of this section there is an explanation that the questions will be addressing the child and it seems that "you" and "your" normally refer to the child in this section. However, there are then the following two questions that don't make sense:
Spouse/Partner Details
"Are you and your partner married or in a civil partnership?"
Parent Details
"What is your partner's relationship to you?"

Do I assume that "you" in the first question and "your" in the second refer to the parent main applicant? I clearly don't want to say that my child is married by mistake as that would make them illegible for the visa.

One more question:
For the financial requirement can I use a letter from the bank that was sent as a pdf file by email. It looks like it meets all the main requirements as it has proper letter head, logo etc. The rules say a letter should be on bank stationary so I don't know if that includes a letter in pdf format. This should be acceptable

Many thanks for the help.

Penny73
Newly Registered
Thailand

Re: SET M - Dependant Child - Online Application Question

Post by Penny73 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:43 am

Many thanks for the reply. Any idea on the other question: who are the two questions on the form referring to - the adult parent main applicant or the dependant child who is over 18 in this case (entered UK when younger than 18)?

Penny73
Newly Registered
Thailand

Set (M) - Evidence of my partners settled status in the UK.

Post by Penny73 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:00 am

Hi,

Currently filling out my SET(M) online application form and am reviewing the document list at the end.

(1) Evidence of partner's settled status in UK. My husband is a British Citizen so I was going to include my husband's passport. Does this have to be the original passport or will a full copy do? A link to details about this in the immigration rules would be useful.

(2) I notice that a marriage certificate is not requested. Is that normal? I guess they've already seen it for the previous FLR application.

Many thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Set (M) - Evidence of my partners settled status in the UK.

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:56 am

1. A copy of the passport first page is enough
2. This was provided before and was the basis for being on the family route, so it is not asked
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice