ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) - Help needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sk1984

Passport Validity for ILR - SET(M)

Post by sk1984 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:43 am

Hi,

I would be grateful if you can help me on the validity of foreign passport required during ILR application. We are going to apply for ILR (premium) on July 2020 and passport expires in Nov 2020. Due to ongoing coronavirus, we are very reluctant with an infant around to travel for passport renewal. Your reply would help us in assessing if we need to travel for renewal as if there is no requirement for what is minimum passport validity when you apply for the visa, we would definitely avoid this travel. Hoping for your response and help in this matter.

P.S: We are interested in knowing the definition of Valid passport (as per UKBA) during the application process. Any pointer to guidance would be helpful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport Validity for ILR - SET(M)

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:46 am

It simply needs to be valid at the time of application and identity check at ukcvas. No requirement that it must be valid for X number of months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sk1984

Re: Passport Validity for ILR - SET(M)

Post by sk1984 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:00 am

Thank you very much for your response.

sk1984

SET (M) - Help needed

Post by sk1984 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:43 pm

Hi,

Just need few clarifications on the SET(M) application.

(1) My wife entered the UK on 11th June 2015 (spouse visa). Am I right in understanding that 5-year completion for SET (M) application is on 11th June 2020? and we are OK to apply for SET M any time after this date? I am slightly confused because her FLR(M) expires in Sep 2020.

(2) We are planning to apply for SET(M) coming week. The only concern that I have is if we are unable to secure an appointment what happens? Do I need to re-submit the application as I am very concerned about 28 days rule for the financial document?

Regards
SK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (M) - Help needed

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:25 am

1. She could have applied within 28 days before 11 June 2020. The latest she can apply is before her visa expiry date.

2. Nothing happens. Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and not the biometric appointment date. Your supporting documents must be dated in or before the online submission date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sk1984

Re: SET (M) - Help needed

Post by sk1984 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:50 pm

Thank you very much CR001. Appreciate your prompt response.