ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) ILR online form English question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

starspireite
Newly Registered

SET (M) ILR online form English question

Post by starspireite » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:37 am

The question:

Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?

This question seems badly worded or ambiguous to me. Does any one know the correct answer in these circumstances.

My wife is applying for ILR 5 year route Spouse visa. Her previous visas (FLR) have been based on an English test she took previously which was at a lower level than that required for ILR. She has how completed the B1 level English test and therefore wants to use this for the ILR application.

No matter whether answering yes or no to the question, there is no box to input the certificate reference.
The uploading of documents I believe would be after completing the form and paying the fee so obviously we would rather get the correct response in case there is no way to upload the evidence later.

Any suggestions. Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: SET (M) ILR online form English question

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:48 pm

You should answer NO. You can upload any evidence you want
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

wasimkhan
Newly Registered

Re: SET (M) ILR online form English question

Post by wasimkhan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:01 pm

starspireite wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:37 am
The question:

Did you meet the knowledge of English requirement as part of an indefinite leave application made on or after 28 October 2013?

This question seems badly worded or ambiguous to me. Does any one know the correct answer in these circumstances.

My wife is applying for ILR 5 year route Spouse visa. Her previous visas (FLR) have been based on an English test she took previously which was at a lower level than that required for ILR. She has how completed the B1 level English test and therefore wants to use this for the ILR application.

No matter whether answering yes or no to the question, there is no box to input the certificate reference.
The uploading of documents I believe would be after completing the form and paying the fee so obviously we would rather get the correct response in case there is no way to upload the evidence later.

Any suggestions. Thanks

Hi... did you submit your application? I'm just curious how you approached this question in the end and what was your outcome after submitting? Thanks