ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) dependant online application and public funds

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bramhy
Newly Registered

SET(O) dependant online application and public funds

Post by bramhy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:49 pm

Hello There,

I would appreciate if any experienced users in this forum can help me.

I am an ILR holder and I am applying for ILR for my wife. While completing the online form there is a question under finances section
Do you or anyone else who is part of this application receive any public funds? (Required)
Include details for your partner or child if you have one. Examples of public funds include Income Support, Child Benefit, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Carer’s Allowance and Disability Living Allowance.

I am receiving child benefit for our child and also DLA for the same child as the child is disabled.

I am not part of this application and neither is our child as child is British passport holder. If I am looking at the question only I would answer No as my wife is not receiving any benefits. But the text in grey under the question says include details of the partner and child which confuses me.

Please could any one help me with this question?

Regards.

bramhy
Newly Registered

Re: SET(O) dependant online application and public funds

Post by bramhy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:19 pm

I would very much appreciate if any one can help with the above question. I am running out of time as I have to submit the application by end of this week.

jwillaims83
Newly Registered
India

Post by jwillaims83 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:16 pm

Please delete this post if it is not helpful.

Have you read the following two threads:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-dependen ... 71028.html

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-eligibil ... 69998.html

bramhy
Newly Registered

Post by bramhy » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:25 pm

Thank you for your reply @jwilliams83

I have read both the posts and other posts in the forum. I understand that I can claim child benifit as I do not have NRPF on my ILR. But with the new online form and the guidance published on the website it is unclear as how to answer the question.

In both the posts the question I have mentioned was not answered.

Do you or anyone else who is part of this application receive any public funds? (Required)
Include details for your partner or child if you have one. Examples of public funds include Income Support, Child Benefit, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Carer’s Allowance and Disability Living Allowance..

I am receiving child benefit for our child and also DLA for the same child as the child is disabled.

I am not part of this application and neither is our child as child is British passport holder.

Should I answer yes or No to this question.

If any body have completed the form recently and was in same situation please could you help me.

Thanks.

bramhy
Newly Registered

Post by bramhy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:51 am

I am re posting this as I am still looking for the answer and I would appreciate if any one who has completed new online form can help.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:52 am

If it asks the details, you need to complete it. The questions clearly states 'partner/child'.

You are allowed to claim benefits if you hold ILR or are British. It should have no effect on your spouse's ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bramhy
Newly Registered

Post by bramhy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:43 pm

Thanks CR001.