Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Locked
tier2ilr
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am

SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by tier2ilr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:55 am

Hi

I have appointment Tomorrow . I just checked the website it says SET O Form updated on 11th Jan 2018 but not yet available to download.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... to#history

Please guide what to do?

Regards

JohnOhn
Junior Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:18 am

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by JohnOhn » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Weird. Yes, they say the form has been updated on 11 Jan 2018, but when you click on it it's still the October 2017 form.

Plus it now seems we can apply online for ILR??????

User avatar
marcnath
Moderator
Posts: 5509
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by marcnath » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:24 pm

tier2ilr wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:55 am
Hi

I have appointment Tomorrow . I just checked the website it says SET O Form updated on 11th Jan 2018 but not yet available to download.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... to#history

Please guide what to do?

Regards
Use the form available
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

tier2ilr
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by tier2ilr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Please reconfirm As per my understanding NOW we have to apply ONLINE for ILR as it says APPLY ONLINe at the bottom of the page? Its a hassel now as i filled all on paper & now they want online version. OMG

What you guys say?????????

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 65685
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:10 pm

tier2ilr wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:05 pm
Please reconfirm As per my understanding NOW we have to apply ONLINE for ILR as it says APPLY ONLINe at the bottom of the page? Its a hassel now as i filled all on paper & now they want online version. OMG

What you guys say?????????
It is an option to apply online OR by post OR in person!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Logan82
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by Logan82 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:41 pm

according to paragraph 34 (1)(c)

you can use the old application form as long as its not older than 21 days.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... 1variation

34. An application for leave to remain must be made in accordance with sub-paragraphs (1) to(10) below.
(1) (a) Subject to paragraph 34(1)(c), the application must be made on an application form which is specified for the immigration category under which the applicant is applying on the date on which the application is made.
(b) An application form is specified when it is posted on the visa and immigration pages of the GOV.UK website.
(c) An application can be made on a previous version of a specified paper application form (and shall be treated as made on a specified form) as long as it is no more than 21 days out of date.



but wait for experts comments as well.

tier2ilr
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by tier2ilr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:53 pm

Same situation of Form . Not yet updated. I have already paid around 9000 while taking the Primer booking . Now online form ask Payment details again. No idea what to do. I expect that the form will get updated tonight else only hope is 21 days .If other agree that as well.

Regards

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 65685
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:57 pm

tier2ilr wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:53 pm
Same situation of Form . Not yet updated. I have already paid around 9000 while taking the Primer booking . Now online form ask Payment details again. No idea what to do. I expect that the form will get updated tonight else only hope is 21 days .If other agree that as well.

Regards
You are overthinking. Simply use the form you have already completed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier2ilr
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by tier2ilr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Thanks for reconfirmation

Regards

JohnOhn
Junior Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:18 am

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by JohnOhn » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:14 pm

I'm thinking maybe they haven't actually updated the paper SET (O) form.

At the bottom of the page, under "Full Page History" they list the form only being updated on 11 Jan 2018, not the guidance. Perhaps by "updated" form, they mean only the addition of the new online application form?

tier2ilr
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by tier2ilr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:19 pm

JohnOhn wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:14 pm
I'm thinking maybe they haven't actually updated the paper SET (O) form.

At the bottom of the page, under "Full Page History" they list the form only being updated on 11 Jan 2018, not the guidance. Perhaps by "updated" form, they mean only the addition of the new online application form?
Well in that case they should have mentioned like previous explained history " ONLINE FORM OPTION ADDED" or something like that else it creates confusion of YEAR 2017 & 18 updates.Any ways i will follow Senior member advise. I have reported the issue to Website team as well & got Ticket Ref in case case worker creates issue.

E44302
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by E44302 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:53 pm

I think you will be safe @tier2ilr.

What is the difference between applying online and in person? I mean does applying online means just filling out the form online and printing it out instead of downloading and printing the application and then filling it up?

tier2ilr
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by tier2ilr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:56 pm

E44302 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:53 pm
I think you will be safe @tier2ilr.

What is the difference between applying online and in person? I mean does applying online means just filling out the form online and printing it out instead of downloading and printing the application and then filling it up?
Apparently Yes.

To make it easier for case worker to read. & easy to store information in Database .
That's the only answer i can say.

tier2ilr
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by tier2ilr » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:20 pm

A Quick Update

Those who are applying & haven't Yet Paid Use the ONLINE Form where as those who have already paid for the Premium Service etc should use the PDF Form available as after filling the Online Form it asked me again for Payment . So Offline Form will definitely be accepted. But Applicants applying later & haven't yet paid should use Online Form .

Regards

naveediiqbal
Senior Member
Posts: 599
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 4:49 pm
Pakistan

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by naveediiqbal » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:00 am

If anyone knows what changes if any?

tier2ilr
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by tier2ilr » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:50 am

Yea few minor changes.

tier2ilr
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am

SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by tier2ilr » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:22 pm

Thanks every one Form O offline submitted and accepted without any question asked.

ILR Granted

Regards

regularuser
Member
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:47 am
India

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by regularuser » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:12 pm

Congratulations

Sorry but bit confused.

"Thanks every one Form O offline submitted and accepted without any question asked."

Did you go to premium service or just submit online Set (o) and HO granted ILR.

Thanks

divi86
Newly Registered
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by divi86 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:17 pm

tier2ilr wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:22 pm
Thanks every one Form O offline submitted and accepted without any question asked.

ILR Granted

Regards
Congratulations,
I am going to apply for my ILR soon and am confused on which documents to provide with my application.
Can you please care to share the list of documents you submitted with your application?
Thanks in advance

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 65685
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (O) Form Changed but not available to download

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:32 am

divi86 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:17 pm
tier2ilr wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:22 pm
Thanks every one Form O offline submitted and accepted without any question asked.

ILR Granted

Regards
Congratulations,
I am going to apply for my ILR soon and am confused on which documents to provide with my application.
Can you please care to share the list of documents you submitted with your application?
Thanks in advance
Kindly continue in your existing topic.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/work ... l#p1313815
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Locked
cron