ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (O) form -> Finance section-> Public funds: Yes/NO?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

applicant_ILR
Newly Registered

Set (O) form -> Finance section-> Public funds: Yes/NO?

Post by applicant_ILR » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:04 am

Hi everyone,

First of all sorry for my long post. Since many moderators/Gurus/Diamond & other senior members are not familiar with online forms, I had to copy & paste relevant sections for better understanding..

Just went through this thread below but still confused about the public funds question as the moderator responded was not familiar with online forms -
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-eligibil ... 69998.html

My husband (British citizen) is claiming child benefit, solely on his name deposited directly into his individual bank account, for our only son (British citizen). Except this we are claiming NO other benefits including Child tax credits. We both work full time. Now the question I should answer is -

''Do you or anyone else who is part of this application receive any public funds?
Include details for your partner or child if you have one. Examples of public funds include Income Support, Child Benefit, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Carer’s Allowance and Disability Living Allowance.See a full list''

If answered NO ( -> Save and continue), control is moving to next (Documents) section so no issues there..

If answered YES ( -> Save and continue), the follow up questions thereafter were as follows..

''Public funds received

Select the relevant box(es) below to show which benefits you, or anyone else who is part of this application, receive. Include benefits for your partner or child if you have one. If you select a benefit, but only one person receives it, enter zero in the non-applicable box.

Family help

☐ Child Benefit

☐ Child Tax Credit

Income help

☐ Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance

☐ Income-related Employment and Support Allowance

☐ Income Support

☐ Social Fund Payment

☐ State Pension Credit

☐ Working Tax Credit

☐ Universal Credit

Care and disability help

☐ Attendance Allowance

☐ Carer's Allowance

☐ Disability Living Allowance

☐ Personal Independence Payment

☐ Severe Disablement Allowance

Housing help

☐ Council Tax Benefit

☐ Council Tax Reduction

☐ Housing Benefit

☐ Housing or Homelessness Assistance

Documents I will provide to show the public funds I or anyone else who is part of this application receive (If you do not have a partner or child you only need to include documents for yourself).

☐ Documents to show the public funds I or anyone else who is part of this application received any time during the 12-month period prior to the date of my application, showing payment for each of the public fund(s) I or anyone else who is part of this application received. For example, this can include bank statements or letters.''

Could someone please clarify how to answer this particular section of the form please..

Many thanks in advance.

applicant_ILR

loveman
India

Re: Set (O) form -> Finance section-> Public funds: Yes/NO?

Post by loveman » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:56 am

HI

Your husband is not psrt of the application, so you can selet it as no and continue the application. He is the sponsor but not part of application this application is solely based on your qualification for staying 5 years in UK on PBS visa.

Thats the reason why yours Husbands finances are not requested.

applicant_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by applicant_ILR » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:07 pm

Hi

Thanks very much for your reply.

Can a moderator/Senior member or someone who has successfully applied for ILR recently using Set(O) online form second the above reply please.. Sorry, no disrespect in any way to the person replied to my original post but whats worrying me is the fact that HO may consider it as 'providing false or incomplete information' in case if I answered the benefits question incorrectly hence this request for a second opinion..

Many thanks in advance.

applicant_ILR

loveman
India

Post by loveman » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:03 pm

applicant_ILR wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:07 pm
Hi

Thanks very much for your reply.

Can a moderator/Senior member or someone who has successfully applied for ILR recently using Set(O) online form second the above reply please.. Sorry, no disrespect in any way to the person replied to my original post but whats worrying me is the fact that HO may consider it as 'providing false or incomplete information' in case if I answered the benefits question incorrectly hence this request for a second opinion..

Many thanks in advance.

applicant_ILR
Below is a a topic where same question was raised

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-eligibil ... 73665.html

applicant_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by applicant_ILR » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:49 pm

Hi,

Thanks very much for replying again and providing a link for further reference. Now I'll answer NO and proceed further based on the fact that neither my husband nor child are part of the application.

I hope that the moderator responded in the link you provided knew about the whole wording surrounding the question including the paragraph under it (pasted above in my original post) as the questions asked in that link you provided never mentioned the paragraph under it or may be it is added in the online form later on not sure..

If you don't mind me asking, have you applied recently?

applicant_ILR

loveman
India

Post by loveman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:37 pm

Yes i applied 2 months ago waiting for it

Akwasinana959
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Akwasinana959 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:47 pm

Any update on this question please

Nadhz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Nadhz » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:28 pm

loveman wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:37 pm
Yes i applied 2 months ago waiting for it
Please let me know if you got a reply? I’m applying for set O too and will reply a ‘no’ too. Wanted to check if that’s alright