ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET O Online Application Form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kurdi
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Visa ILR Application

Post by Kurdi » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:08 pm

Dear all,

I am on Tier 2 General visa short occupant list (PhD holder) and my 5 years will be ended on November 2019. I am about to apply for ILR in two weeks time, but I have a few questions:

1. My current annual salary is 35,000 which is below the minimum threshold of 35,800. Is there any exemption for PhD holders based on the new regulations effective 6 October 2019?

2. Letter from the applicant detailing any exceptionally harsh consequences to them caused by the change in the way absences from the UK are counted. What shall I write in this letter? I have already listed details of absences in the employer letter.

3. Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK. DONE.

4. A document from the sponsor who issued the certificate of sponsorship that led to your last permission to stay as a Tier 2 migrant confirming that you are still required for the employment in question for the foreseeable future, the nearest applicable SOC code which best describes your employment, your current rate of pay, and confirmation that this is at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors.

Can 3 and 4 be covered in one letter from the employer?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Tier 2 General Visa ILR Application

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:01 pm

1. My current annual salary is 35,000 which is below the minimum threshold of 35,800. Is there any exemption for PhD holders based on the new regulations effective 6 October 2019?
If your SOC is on the shortage list or is at PhD level, then you are exempt from the min salary requirement. What is your SOC ?
2. Letter from the applicant detailing any exceptionally harsh consequences to them caused by the change in the way absences from the UK are counted. What shall I write in this letter? I have already listed details of absences in the employer letter.
That is enough
Can 3 and 4 be covered in one letter from the employer?
Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Kurdi
Newly Registered

Post by Kurdi » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:41 am

Thank you very much!

Kurdi
Newly Registered

Post by Kurdi » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:36 pm

My SOC is 2113.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:16 pm

Kurdi wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:36 pm
My SOC is 2113.
2113 Physical scientists is a job at PhD level and exempt from min salary threshold requirement
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Kurdi
Newly Registered

Post by Kurdi » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:48 pm

That is enough
So I don't need to write a separate letter as long as the absences have been listed in the employer letter?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:57 pm

Correct

Kurdi
Newly Registered

SET O Online Application Form

Post by Kurdi » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:08 pm

Dears,

I am about to submit my SET(O) online application form but I answered 'No' for Life in the UK test as I haven't made the test yet. Is that okay to submit my online application form and later take a copy of the life of the UK test certificate result to the appointment centre as I am applying with super-priority. The reason I don't want to wait until I do my Life in the UK test is that I want to make sure to book an appointment as there is a notice saying they're experiencing a high demand for appointments.

Another question, do UKVI contact the employer to verify their support letter and check the job payment record from their system?

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET O Online Application Form

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:27 pm

1. Please do not post your ilr questions in the tier 2 sub forum.

3. Topics merged. Keep all your questions in one topic!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:29 pm

Kurdi wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:08 pm
Dears,

I am about to submit my SET(O) online application form but I answered 'No' for Life in the UK test as I haven't made the test yet. Is that okay to submit my online application form and later take a copy of the life of the UK test certificate result to the appointment centre as I am applying with super-priority. The reason I don't want to wait until I do my Life in the UK test is that I want to make sure to book an appointment as there is a notice saying they're experiencing a high demand for appointments.

Another question, do UKVI contact the employer to verify their support letter and check the job payment record from their system?

Cheers
You are required to complete your liuk test details in the online form. Your supporting documents, liuk test included, must be dated in or before the date you submit and pay for set o online.

Ho do not contact employers unless they have a suspicion or query.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kurdi
Newly Registered

Post by Kurdi » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:42 pm

Thank you very much for prompt reply.

I’ll wait then until I do the test and submit the form. Is there appointment slot available for next day anywhere in the UK if super-priority service is chosen?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:25 am

Kurdi wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:42 pm
Thank you very much for prompt reply.

I’ll wait then until I do the test and submit the form. Is there appointment slot available for next day anywhere in the UK if super-priority service is chosen?
You will only know when you apply. We have no insight into available appointments
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Kurdi
Newly Registered

Post by Kurdi » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:19 am

Can I book an appointment anywhere in the UK for a super-priority service? Or is it limited to a center close to my UK living address?

Kurdi
Newly Registered

Post by Kurdi » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:13 pm

My Life in the UK test booked for 16 November. If I submit my online SET O application today which is already within 28 days, can I submit my Life in the UK result while attending my super-priority service appointment? I am concerned if I wait until I am doing my Life in the UK test and then submit my SET O online booking slots may not be available straight away?

Regards,

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:11 pm

Kurdi wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:13 pm
My Life in the UK test booked for 16 November. If I submit my online SET O application today which is already within 28 days, can I submit my Life in the UK result while attending my super-priority service appointment? I am concerned if I wait until I am doing my Life in the UK test and then submit my SET O online booking slots may not be available straight away?

Regards,
I suggest to scan the results before attending.

Kurdi
Newly Registered

Post by Kurdi » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:22 pm

Thank you very much for your reply Zimba.

Does that mean it should be fine to submit SET O online application and upload all other documents except LIUK result and scan the result to be uploaded by UKVCAS caseworker during my appointment?

Also, is it okay to have a 2 weeks gap between online application submission and appointment?

mashayekh_hosein

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:55 pm

Kurdi wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:22 pm

Does that mean it should be fine to submit SET O online application and upload all other documents except LIUK result and scan the result to be uploaded by UKVCAS caseworker during my appointment?

Also, is it okay to have a 2 weeks gap between online application submission and appointment?
Why you keep insisting to make your straightforward case complex? As you are already advised by CR001, all your documents must be dated on or before the date of application. This includes your LIUK test results. The online application form will require your pass test certificate number. If you do not have this reference number, which you will only get when you pass the test, then how are you going to submit your application? Passing this test is a key requirement for ILR and selecting 'No' when you are asked if you have already passed is likely to create you problem. Your rush to get an appointment may lead to an appointment with refusal! I suggest you to prepare your application, but only submit and pay for it when you have your test results. I have applied for my own ILR just a few days ago, and I could get the super priority option with many biometric appointments available (but you have to pay a small appointment fee for these). If I were you I would not have applied until I get my test results. You could have done this test anytime in the past 5 years!
Last edited by mashayekh_hosein on Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:29 pm
Kurdi wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:08 pm
Dears,

Cheers
You are required to complete your liuk test details in the online form. Your supporting documents, liuk test included, must be dated in or before the date you submit and pay for set o online.

Ho do not contact employers unless they have a suspicion or query.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Kurdi
Newly Registered

Post by Kurdi » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:35 pm

mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:55 pm
Kurdi wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:22 pm

Why you keep insisting to make your straightforward case complex? As you are already advised by CR001, all your documents must be dated on or before the date of application. This includes your LIUK test results. The online application form will require your pass test certificate number. If you do not have this reference number, which you will only get when you pass the test, then how are you going to submit your application? Passing this test is a key requirement for ILR and selecting 'No' when you are asked if you have already passed is likely to create you problem. Your rush to get an appointment may lead to an appointment with refusal! I suggest you to prepare your application, but only submit and pay for it when you have your test results. I have applied for my own ILR just a few days ago, and I could get the super priority option with many biometric appointments available (but you have to pay a small appointment fee for these). If I were you I would not have applied until I get my test results. You could have done this test anytime in the past 5 years!
Well noted. I’ll make the test and submit my application then after. Thank you very much!

Kurdi
Newly Registered

Post by Kurdi » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:53 am

Dears,

One more inquiry, does Home Office check P45 and P60 when applying for ILR from Tier 2 (5 years) route? These documents are not listed in the required documents but I am asking out of curiosity.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:56 am

Kurdi wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:53 am
Dears,

One more inquiry, does Home Office check P45 and P60 when applying for ILR from Tier 2 (5 years) route? These documents are not listed in the required documents but I am asking out of curiosity.

Thanks
They are not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Kurdi
Newly Registered

Post by Kurdi » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:03 pm

Dears,

I have long absences (>180 days) while been overseas and these absences were linked to my Tier 2 employment in the UK. In the employer letter the absences have been mentioned. Is that enough to provide? According to the rule changes in Oct 2019, Tier 2 absences directly linked to employment should not be affecting ILR application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:14 pm

According to the rule changes in Oct 2019,
What rule changes?? Link??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Kurdi
Newly Registered

Post by Kurdi » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:45 pm

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:22 pm

There are no rule changes proposed regarding the absences under Tier 2 route. What are you talking about ?!