ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

set o or set m ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TAHIRI
Newly Registered
Pakistan

set o or set m ilr

Post by TAHIRI » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:33 am

hi , i am new to the immigration board . i have got questions
1. i came to uk in 2009 on tier 1 general. got ilr in 2014 . applied for my wife visa in july 2016. she is eligible to apply for ilr. which form should i use as i got settled status before i apply for her entry clearance? is it set o or set m?
2 i applied for my nationality in april 2020 along with my daughter who was born in pakistan in 2015 after i got ilr. i think i made a wrong choice by applying for her nationality what is best course of action should i take as still waiting for outcome of my application and my daughter application. btw my second daughter is british as she was born in uk.
3 can i use priority service or should i apply for super priority service as need settled status for wife quickly as she is going to start university as home student in september?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: set o or set m ilr

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:40 am

1. Set M if she has 5 years on spouse settlement visa

2. The daughter requires ILR with the mother before she can be registered as British.

3. Your choice which service you use and pay for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TAHIRI
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by TAHIRI » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:18 am

thanks for a quick reply.
on her brp card it say spouse/partner leave to remain .. and letter from home office says you have been granted 30 month limited leave to remain under paragraph D-Ltrp1.1 of Appendix Fm to immigration rules as we are satisfied you meet requirements of para R-LTRP. 1.1 (A) , (b) and (c) of these rules.
but when I try to apply online it says you should apply on set(o). so feeling confused? please help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:20 am

TAHIRI wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:18 am
thanks for a quick reply.
on her brp card it say spouse/partner leave to remain .. and letter from home office says you have been granted 30 month limited leave to remain under paragraph D-Ltrp1.1 of Appendix Fm to immigration rules as we are satisfied you meet requirements of para R-LTRP. 1.1 (A) , (b) and (c) of these rules.
but when I try to apply online it says you should apply on set(o). so feeling confused? please help.
If she entered UK on Spouse visa and completed the time required SET(M) is the correct form to apply for her ILR.