ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (P) indefinite leave to remain questions, urgent!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Grassmaybegreen94
Newly Registered
Mood:

Set (P) indefinite leave to remain questions, urgent!

Post by Grassmaybegreen94 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:23 pm

Hello, I have only discovered this forum sometime within this week.

My Leave to Remain expires on 26 of June 2021

I applied for ILR on the 17 of June 2021,

As I didn’t have internet connections, and Library that was open somewhere an hour away, nor do I have a printer or a scanner, besides using my phone.

I’m on ESA benefits,

I was wondering if my ILR will be refused or would complicate things, based on that I didn’t apply before the 28 days, though it was within the period before my leave to remain expires.

I booked a UKVCAS appointment cost me £112, but that’s also another issue, the appointment is set on 1st of July, it’s the earliest day I could find.

Would that also complicated my application?

There’s another issue I happen to run in,

I don’t have a travel document, nor a passport

My passport was taken by the HO during my first interview for Asylum back in 2016.

All I have is my BRP, and I’m afraid I’ll be rejected at the appointment because I don’t have either of those documents, will BRP suffice?

I’m already really worried and thinking of contacting the pervious solicitor that worked on my case, in case I run into problems.

I should note, all of my other documents are fine.

Please I’m really worried, should I contact my Psychiatric and ask for medical records? Or can I provide a cover letter? I’m really lost..

zimba
Mood:

Re: Set (P) indefinite leave to remain questions, urgent!

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:14 pm

It seems you are confusing things. You can apply within 28 days of completing your qualifying period for your ILR. That is simply the earliest you can apply. You are NOT required to do this and so applying any time later is fine as long as it is before your visa expiry.
BRP is enough. What you have done is perfectly fine. Simply book your appointment and go there with documents and BRP.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Grassmaybegreen94
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Set (P) indefinite leave to remain questions, urgent!

Post by Grassmaybegreen94 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:53 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:14 pm
It seems you are confusing things. You can apply within 28 days of completing your qualifying period for your ILR. That is simply the earliest you can apply. You are NOT required to do this and so applying any time later is fine as long as it is before your visa expiry.
BRP is enough. What you have done is perfectly fine. Simply book your appointment and go there with documents and BRP.

Oh thank you I was worried because the checklist stated to have a passport or a travel document, all I had was information about my passport from previous case paperwork and nothing else!

You put my mind at ease thank you!!