Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

homeofficetrev
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:43 pm
Nigeria

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by homeofficetrev » Fri May 10, 2019 12:38 pm

hassan21uk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:23 am
homeofficetrev wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:14 am
Ali786786 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:28 pm
Anyone apply in Feb or March got decided please inform very stressed,
I applied January and still no decision yet, I thought a decision had been made when I didn't receive a consideration email in April but it turned out that many applicants didn't receive consideration emails in April
Yeah judging from what everyone has said so far it turns out there were no automatic emails sent in April as you say. The wait continues. I am waiting for the 21st of May to see if they'll send it this time. When should you be getting your next email?

i am expecting my email on the 20th of may

User avatar
ariskar
Member of Standing
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: London, UK
Mood:
Greece

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by ariskar » Fri May 10, 2019 6:14 pm

hassan21uk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:23 am
homeofficetrev wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:14 am
Ali786786 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:28 pm
Anyone apply in Feb or March got decided please inform very stressed,
I applied January and still no decision yet, I thought a decision had been made when I didn't receive a consideration email in April but it turned out that many applicants didn't receive consideration emails in April
Yeah judging from what everyone has said so far it turns out there were no automatic emails sent in April as you say. The wait continues. I am waiting for the 21st of May to see if they'll send it this time. When should you be getting your next email?
We received a progress email on April 8th and so did per his/her post user Ali786786.

Mmuibm11
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 9:42 am

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Mmuibm11 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:04 am

Silent observer. I have read a lot of comments here and I can’t say for sure some are correct. Eg two weeks early application as potential reasons for delay, this is because I applied 20 days earlier. Here are my timeline

Leave to remain expires: 09/04/2019
Applied (online): 18/02/2019 should be 10/03/2019 if I follow the 28 days rule
Biometric done same day: 18/02/2019
Acknowledge mail received : 18/02/2019
Document sent 18/02/2019 via Royal Mail special delivery, with 5yrs remain biometric, and conventional passport only received by HO 19/02/2019
Progress emails: 18/03/2019 and 18/04/2019
DX delivery notification mail received: 03/05/2019

I had exams that morning so I thought worst case I will miss the delivery and either rebook or go to their office, finish exams and returned home by 1:30 pm, check my letter box, letter from HO confirming ILR has been approved and Biometric should be on its way, also included in the letter is my old conventional passport but no Biometric. Tracked DX delivery and it says delivery is scheduled for 07/05/2019, however I got an email saying expect delivery today which is 03/05/2019, so I Called DX delivery customer care and was told delivery driver is on his way, and that initial date of delivery was schedule for 07/05/2019, but I will get it on 03/05/2019. At 4:35pm phone rang, DX delivery guy is outside and BOOOM encloses is biometric issues 01/05/2019

So took exactly 2 months and 2 weeks and 2 progress email and received bother letter of approval and biometric same day letter from royal mail and biometric from DX

Wish everyone here waiting for decision nothing but positive and happy ending...

hassan21uk
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:49 pm
Lebanon

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by hassan21uk » Sun May 12, 2019 11:29 pm

Mmuibm11 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:04 am
Silent observer. I have read a lot of comments here and I can’t say for sure some are correct. Eg two weeks early application as potential reasons for delay, this is because I applied 20 days earlier. Here are my timeline

Leave to remain expires: 09/04/2019
Applied (online): 18/02/2019 should be 10/03/2019 if I follow the 28 days rule
Biometric done same day: 18/02/2019
Acknowledge mail received : 18/02/2019
Document sent 18/02/2019 via Royal Mail special delivery, with 5yrs remain biometric, and conventional passport only received by HO 19/02/2019
Progress emails: 18/03/2019 and 18/04/2019
DX delivery notification mail received: 03/05/2019

I had exams that morning so I thought worst case I will miss the delivery and either rebook or go to their office, finish exams and returned home by 1:30 pm, check my letter box, letter from HO confirming ILR has been approved and Biometric should be on its way, also included in the letter is my old conventional passport but no Biometric. Tracked DX delivery and it says delivery is scheduled for 07/05/2019, however I got an email saying expect delivery today which is 03/05/2019, so I Called DX delivery customer care and was told delivery driver is on his way, and that initial date of delivery was schedule for 07/05/2019, but I will get it on 03/05/2019. At 4:35pm phone rang, DX delivery guy is outside and BOOOM encloses is biometric issues 01/05/2019

So took exactly 2 months and 2 weeks and 2 progress email and received bother letter of approval and biometric same day letter from royal mail and biometric from DX

Wish everyone here waiting for decision nothing but positive and happy ending...
Yeah applying early as a bs argument from what I experienced personally (by personally I mean my mom whom I wrote the application for and did all the booking and whatnot). She also got her residency and everything else in 2 months and 1~2 weeks..

I am just very unlucky thus far, its 1 week away from being a 4 month wait for me

homeofficetrev
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:43 pm
Nigeria

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by homeofficetrev » Mon May 13, 2019 9:09 am

I understand that there is a lot of applications that they have to deal with however I have noticed that some people might have to be out of work because they have no valid BRP to present to employers. Such delays coupled with the anxiety is torture unfortunately the home office has no way of knowing how it affects some people, there is no feedback mechanism

Ali786786
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:00 am

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Ali786786 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:41 pm

homeofficetrev wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:09 am
I understand that there is a lot of applications that they have to deal with however I have noticed that some people might have to be out of work because they have no valid BRP to present to employers. Such delays coupled with the anxiety is torture unfortunately the home office has no way of knowing how it affects some people, there is no feedback mechanism
True

hassan21uk
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:49 pm
Lebanon

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by hassan21uk » Thu May 16, 2019 11:50 am

BRP Received out of no where!

Here is my entire application timeline:

Leave to Remain ends: 28/04/2019
I am supposed to apply: 28/03/2019
I applied online: 21/01/2019
HO acknowledgement letter: 22/01/2019
Biometrics taken: 31/01/2019

Progress email #1: 21/02/2019
Progress email #2: 21/03/2019
Progress email #3: Didn't receive (supposed to be on 21/04/2019)

BRP DX courier Email: 16/05/2019
BRP Received: 16/05/2019

Total waiting time: 3 months and 25 days (or 3.85 months)
Waiting time from the date I was supposed to apply: 1 month and 19 days (or 1.65 months)

Ali786786
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:00 am

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Ali786786 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:32 pm

hassan21uk wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:50 am
BRP Received out of no where!

Here is my entire application timeline:

Leave to Remain ends: 28/04/2019
I am supposed to apply: 28/03/2019
I applied online: 21/01/2019
HO acknowledgement letter: 22/01/2019
Biometrics taken: 31/01/2019

Progress email #1: 21/02/2019
Progress email #2: 21/03/2019
Progress email #3: Didn't receive (supposed to be on 21/04/2019)

BRP DX courier Email: 16/05/2019
BRP Received: 16/05/2019

Total waiting time: 3 months and 25 days (or 3.85 months)
Waiting time from the date I was supposed to apply: 1 month and 19 days (or 1.65 months)
Congratulations all of you 🥳🥳🥳

Hope all of us remain will be fine and will get ILR soon.

Can Anyone expert calculate what is time scale more less in these days.

I applied start of March when my one expected because I am facing problem with getting job.

homeofficetrev
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:43 pm
Nigeria

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by homeofficetrev » Thu May 16, 2019 8:19 pm

Ali786786 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:32 pm
hassan21uk wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:50 am
BRP Received out of no where!

Here is my entire application timeline:

Leave to Remain ends: 28/04/2019
I am supposed to apply: 28/03/2019
I applied online: 21/01/2019
HO acknowledgement letter: 22/01/2019
Biometrics taken: 31/01/2019

Progress email #1: 21/02/2019
Progress email #2: 21/03/2019
Progress email #3: Didn't receive (supposed to be on 21/04/2019)

BRP DX courier Email: 16/05/2019
BRP Received: 16/05/2019

Total waiting time: 3 months and 25 days (or 3.85 months)
Waiting time from the date I was supposed to apply: 1 month and 19 days (or 1.65 months)
Congratulations all of you 🥳🥳🥳

Hope all of us remain will be fine and will get ILR soon.

Can Anyone expert calculate what is time scale more less in these days.

I applied start of March when my one expected because I am facing problem with getting job.
Congratulations

homeofficetrev
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:43 pm
Nigeria

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by homeofficetrev » Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 pm

homeofficetrev wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:19 pm
Ali786786 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:32 pm
hassan21uk wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:50 am
BRP Received out of no where!

Here is my entire application timeline:

Leave to Remain ends: 28/04/2019
I am supposed to apply: 28/03/2019
I applied online: 21/01/2019
HO acknowledgement letter: 22/01/2019
Biometrics taken: 31/01/2019

Progress email #1: 21/02/2019
Progress email #2: 21/03/2019
Progress email #3: Didn't receive (supposed to be on 21/04/2019)

BRP DX courier Email: 16/05/2019
BRP Received: 16/05/2019

Total waiting time: 3 months and 25 days (or 3.85 months)
Waiting time from the date I was supposed to apply: 1 month and 19 days (or 1.65 months)
Congratulations all of you 🥳🥳🥳

Hope all of us remain will be fine and will get ILR soon.

Can Anyone expert calculate what is time scale more less in these days.

I applied start of March when my one expected because I am facing problem with getting job.
Congratulations
I applied online on 20 th January, hopefully I get a decision by next week... Its been an anxious wait. Hopefully it will be a good decision I'll receive

hassan21uk
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:49 pm
Lebanon

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by hassan21uk » Fri May 17, 2019 2:24 pm

homeofficetrev wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 pm
homeofficetrev wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:19 pm
Ali786786 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:32 pm
hassan21uk wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:50 am
BRP Received out of no where!

Here is my entire application timeline:

Leave to Remain ends: 28/04/2019
I am supposed to apply: 28/03/2019
I applied online: 21/01/2019
HO acknowledgement letter: 22/01/2019
Biometrics taken: 31/01/2019

Progress email #1: 21/02/2019
Progress email #2: 21/03/2019
Progress email #3: Didn't receive (supposed to be on 21/04/2019)

BRP DX courier Email: 16/05/2019
BRP Received: 16/05/2019

Total waiting time: 3 months and 25 days (or 3.85 months)
Waiting time from the date I was supposed to apply: 1 month and 19 days (or 1.65 months)
Congratulations all of you 🥳🥳🥳

Hope all of us remain will be fine and will get ILR soon.

Can Anyone expert calculate what is time scale more less in these days.

I applied start of March when my one expected because I am facing problem with getting job.
Congratulations
I applied online on 20 th January, hopefully I get a decision by next week... Its been an anxious wait. Hopefully it will be a good decision I'll receive
Thanks <3

You applied a day before me so it should definitely be in the coming few days hopefully

User avatar
ariskar
Member of Standing
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm
Location: London, UK
Mood:
Greece

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by ariskar » Sun May 19, 2019 7:53 pm

hassan21uk wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:50 am
BRP Received out of no where!

Here is my entire application timeline:

Leave to Remain ends: 28/04/2019
I am supposed to apply: 28/03/2019
I applied online: 21/01/2019
HO acknowledgement letter: 22/01/2019
Biometrics taken: 31/01/2019

Progress email #1: 21/02/2019
Progress email #2: 21/03/2019
Progress email #3: Didn't receive (supposed to be on 21/04/2019)

BRP DX courier Email: 16/05/2019
BRP Received: 16/05/2019

Total waiting time: 3 months and 25 days (or 3.85 months)
Waiting time from the date I was supposed to apply: 1 month and 19 days (or 1.65 months)
Congratulations hassan21uk and best wishes for your & your family's future. This is encouraging for people who could benefit from applying a few weeks early.

You were also supposed to receive a decision (approval) letter by regular post, have you got that already, or just the BRP through DX?

homeofficetrev
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:43 pm
Nigeria

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by homeofficetrev » Mon May 20, 2019 11:25 am

hassan21uk wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:24 pm
homeofficetrev wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 pm
homeofficetrev wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:19 pm
Ali786786 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:32 pm


Congratulations all of you 🥳🥳🥳

Hope all of us remain will be fine and will get ILR soon.

Can Anyone expert calculate what is time scale more less in these days.

I applied start of March when my one expected because I am facing problem with getting job.
Congratulations
I applied online on 20 th January, hopefully I get a decision by next week... Its been an anxious wait. Hopefully it will be a good decision I'll receive
Thanks <3

You applied a day before me so it should definitely be in the coming few days hopefully
I just received a home office consideration email, I was disappointed at first because that means I'm nowhere expecting a decision soon,but I felt relieved at least I can take my mind off it at least for now

hoods24
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by hoods24 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:20 pm

Congratulations
Very pleased to read about the positive decisions.
I’ve read some people have applied 28 days before the expiry like 2 months before the visa expires. Do u have to have a valid reason for that or anyone can apply bit earlier than 28 days?
Please share. Thanks

rayyfar
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:45 pm

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by rayyfar » Tue May 21, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi guys

just an update

5 years limited leave expiry: 16/04/2019
Applied online for SET(P) ILR: 21/03/2019
Documents submit by post : 21/03/2019
Biometric done: 21/03/2019
Acknowledgement email: 22/03/2019
Status progress emails 1: - was suppose to be in April but never received one
Status progress emails 2: -21/05/2019
Approval letter: ——
BRP received: ——

rayyfar
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:45 pm

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by rayyfar » Tue May 21, 2019 2:54 pm

hoods24 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:20 pm
Congratulations
Very pleased to read about the positive decisions.
I’ve read some people have applied 28 days before the expiry like 2 months before the visa expires. Do u have to have a valid reason for that or anyone can apply bit earlier than 28 days?
Please share. Thanks
by guide lines it is 28 days before but again from reading here a lot of people have applied much earlier then that and the application went through fine

Ali786786
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:00 am

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Ali786786 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:51 am

Applied in March beginning still no reply almost 3 months

Really stressed 😥

rayyfar
Newbie
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:45 pm

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by rayyfar » Fri May 24, 2019 9:12 pm

Ali786786 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:51 am
Applied in March beginning still no reply almost 3 months

Really stressed 😥
Dont worry too much bro u will get it very soon insha’Allah

Ali786786
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:00 am

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Ali786786 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:11 am

rayyfar wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:12 pm
Ali786786 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:51 am
Applied in March beginning still no reply almost 3 months

Really stressed 😥
Dont worry too much bro u will get it very soon insha’Allah
Thank you , inshallah all of us will be fine

Perfect1
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue May 28, 2019 8:20 pm
India

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Perfect1 » Tue May 28, 2019 8:28 pm

Hi

Anyone know how much time is approximately Homeoffice taking for ILR for refugee.

Got email saying 6months but read here it’s different then that.

Anyone knows Causes of delay and refusal.

I got refugee status without appeal or any problem

Please answer very depressed

Post Reply
cron