ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route settled status under Appendix EU (EU settlement scheme)

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

RanaJi
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:14 am

Re: Travel Documents Application

Post by RanaJi » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:50 am

man2013 wrote:
RanaJi wrote:Hi Man2013,

Yes u need to fill section 9. Fill the form and take it to any solicitor they will sign it and your photo too. Send original BRP and ILR letter and old Travel Document. I applied for Travel Docs on start of 02- 2013 and received acknowledgment letter after week .Fee is around
£72.50.
Thank you Rana Ji for your reply. how long it take to get your travel document ?
I heard it takes around 10 weeks but it always depend on Home Office so cant say anything for sure. I let you know wen i receive it.
Thanx

RanaJi
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:14 am

Re: ILR SET PROTECTION ROUTE

Post by RanaJi » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:54 am

babe_khyber wrote:
Taks wrote:Application received by Home office on 04/11/2012
Biometric letter received on 08/01/13
Biometrics done on 10/01/13
ILR received on 22/03/13
Applied four months b4 expiry of my stay and granted ILR a day after expiry of my stay. Good luck to all of you. Thanks.
What is your immigration status before ILR did you applied in the set protection route or other Category? In my limited knowledge if you are refugee then you are not allowed to appliy before more then 28 days that is my point please clearifiy what is your situation. I think i will be heard from you soon thx.
best wishes
babe khyber
TAKS, Your situation is new to this forum, None of us heard this before. Can u clear how u knew that you can apply 4 months before pls?

babe_khyber
Member of Standing
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:41 pm
Location: ENGLAND UK

Re: ILR SET PROTECTION ROUTE

Post by babe_khyber » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:16 pm

RanaJi wrote:
babe_khyber wrote:
Taks wrote:Application received by Home office on 04/11/2012
Biometric letter received on 08/01/13
Biometrics done on 10/01/13
ILR received on 22/03/13
Applied four months b4 expiry of my stay and granted ILR a day after expiry of my stay. Good luck to all of you. Thanks.
What is your immigration status before ILR did you applied in the set protection route or other Category? In my limited knowledge if you are refugee then you are not allowed to appliy before more then 28 days that is my point please clearifiy what is your situation. I think i will be heard from you soon thx.
best wishes
babe khyber
TAKS, Your situation is new to this forum, None of us heard this before. Can u clear how u knew that you can apply 4 months before pls?
Shairee mashriq first of all i can give you some my experiance in biometrics two of my children are over the age of 6 and one of under 6 apart from under 6year old child we have given all of biometrics but the under 6 one is just give a pic not fingerprints this my personaly experince and secondly about tak i don`t think so he is refugee route person because if the home office allowed some time before expiry then why the home office west my our 6 month waiting that is my point i have already asking tak but he not replying anywhy i hope we will swort out this matter soon today i had received acknowledgement letter from the home office about travel document.
best wishes
babe khyber

Taks
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:16 am

Set Protection route

Post by Taks » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:40 am

Before ILR I had refugee status (5 year stay) and I applied thru set protection route, but the only thing which may be different here is that I also submitted my Life in the UK Test results, though not required.

man2013
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:31 am

Re: ILR SET PROTECTION ROUTE

Post by man2013 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:48 am

babe_khyber wrote:
RanaJi wrote:
babe_khyber wrote:
Taks wrote:Application received by Home office on 04/11/2012
Biometric letter received on 08/01/13
Biometrics done on 10/01/13
ILR received on 22/03/13
Applied four months b4 expiry of my stay and granted ILR a day after expiry of my stay. Good luck to all of you. Thanks.
What is your immigration status before ILR did you applied in the set protection route or other Category? In my limited knowledge if you are refugee then you are not allowed to appliy before more then 28 days that is my point please clearifiy what is your situation. I think i will be heard from you soon thx.
best wishes
babe khyber
TAKS, Your situation is new to this forum, None of us heard this before. Can u clear how u knew that you can apply 4 months before pls?
Shairee mashriq first of all i can give you some my experiance in biometrics two of my children are over the age of 6 and one of under 6 apart from under 6year old child we have given all of biometrics but the under 6 one is just give a pic not fingerprints this my personaly experince and secondly about tak i don`t think so he is refugee route person because if the home office allowed some time before expiry then why the home office west my our 6 month waiting that is my point i have already asking tak but he not replying anywhy i hope we will swort out this matter soon today i had received acknowledgement letter from the home office about travel document.
best wishes
babe khyber
hi babe khyber ,

did you send a pphotocopy of BRP or the original one for the travel document? an d what letter of ILR you have sent? I received only a letter with no name or address of mine which contains only notes for information purposes and do not convey the grant og ILR.

Peterpan81
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:45 am
Location: UK

Re: Set Protection route

Post by Peterpan81 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:04 am

Taks wrote:Before ILR I had refugee status (5 year stay) and I applied thru set protection route, but the only thing which may be different here is that I also submitted my Life in the UK Test results, though not required.
To be truthful, I am rather confused here, you submitted Life in the UK test and you know it was not required !!! what was the purpose?

Secondly, the only explanation is you got lucky with the Case worker from the SET protection Office, due to the backlog when your case arrived they saw your Leave expired anyway; however if they picked it up before and you still had a valid leave you would've been refused extension because it clearly states if you submit your ILR more than 28 days before expiry then your application might be rejected.

Congrats and best of luck in the future !!
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

Taks
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:16 am

ILR

Post by Taks » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:30 am

BRP came by courier, which is DX. A day after, I received a pack sent to me by recorded mail through Royal Mail. It contained my documents: now expired travel document (original), birth certificate (original), Life in UK Certificate (original) and two letters (1) Letter with all my details on it saying BRP will be sent under separate cover, etc. (2) Letter with notes on BRP starting with the sentence: "Your application for indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom has been approved. You will be sent a Biometric Residence Permit as confirmation of your indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom." Letter number 2 is the one without any details about me and is 3 pages pregnant with notes about BRP. I have been a silent observer since early November not only scared of negative comments, but also being denied ILR not by the Home Office but by some of the people on this forum. All will get their BRP, never be scared or afraid. I hope this helps.

Taks
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:16 am

ILR

Post by Taks » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:35 am

Never be economical with valuable paper work that you already have.

Peterpan81
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:45 am
Location: UK

Post by Peterpan81 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:20 pm

26 March 2013

This afternoon the Home Secretary announced that she has decided to end the Executive Agency status of the UK Border Agency and bring its functions back within the Home Office.

This is just announced today from UKBA website
For full access to the report follwo the link below:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 42-hom-sec
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

tinayy
Newly Registered
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:29 pm

Post by tinayy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:57 pm

tomorrow is bank holiday

milleniumx99
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:30 am

Post by milleniumx99 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi Taks,

I can't understand this. How come you applied for ILR 4 months before expiry when your application should have been received by the UKBA 1 month before expiry as per the Set Protect rules?

Cheers

ibrahimfareed
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:48 am

hi all

Post by ibrahimfareed » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:31 am

Hi all . I am new to this forum. I really thank all people who contributed to the success of this forum . It is really very useful.
I had a 5 years refugee status in uk. I applied for ILR on 13th of March 2013. No acknowledgment letter received till now. I tried to call the Home office on the number you put on this forum to ask if they received my application . No one helped . They said go to royal mail and ask.

Can anyone help. Did anyone call the number and had the same thing

thanks

babe_khyber
Member of Standing
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:41 pm
Location: ENGLAND UK

re ILR Set protection route processing time

Post by babe_khyber » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:33 am

ibrahimfareed wrote:Hi all . I am new to this forum. I really thank all people who contributed to the success of this forum . It is really very useful.
I had a 5 years refugee status in uk. I applied for ILR on 13th of March 2013. No acknowledgment letter received till now. I tried to call the Home office on the number you put on this forum to ask if they received my application . No one helped . They said go to royal mail and ask.

Can anyone help. Did anyone call the number and had the same thing

thanks
Welcome Brother in this forum Since 29 Feb 2012 the home office stoped acknowledgement letter for protection route applicant however in biometric letter is acknowledge as well if you looking the home office website its show after submitted application within 7 days you will receive acknowledgement but they din`t in my limited knowledge you will be receiving biometrics within 8 to 12 week and after that you will more waiting about 10 to 14 week but hopefully you will be granted ILR Soon don`t worry before 6 month don`t try to call home office this is just west a time and money just you confirm from the royal mail trekking in my time I was applied last year august 2012 and receive bio letter 7th of Nov 2012 Finally on the 18th of Feb 2013 I was granted ILR I think this information will be helfull for you
best wishes
babe khyber

ibrahimfareed
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:48 am

Hi

Post by ibrahimfareed » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:36 pm

Hi babe_kyyber.. many thanks for your reply and the information. I hope I get answer soon inshala. I will keep u updated if I hear anything

JOECHAKS
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:23 pm
Location: KENT
Zimbabwe

Post by JOECHAKS » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:47 am

Here is my timeline Applied about 2 months before my leave to remain as 2 dependants leave was finishing earlier than me (applicant) by exactly 1 month so was advised to send it prior to dependants leave expiry

APPLICATIONS DATE 18/08/2012 BY 1st CLASS ROYAL MAIL RECORDED DELIVERY
DATE OF RECEIPT BY UKBA 20/08/2012
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER 03/11/2012
BIOMETRICS 1 8/11/2012(APPLICANT AND 2 dependants on original leave)
BIOMETRICS 2 6/12/2012(For Dependant born after grant of initial leave biometrics request sent separate from others)
DATE ILR GRANTED 21/02/2013
DELIVERY OF 23/02/2013
BRP DELIVERY 25/02/2013

So in my case it was exactly 6 months to the dot amazingly thanks
Last edited by JOECHAKS on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

0818688
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:23 am

delay?

Post by 0818688 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Dear all,

I applied on 01/11/2012 and did my Biometric on 09/01/2013 and received noting yet! do i need to start worrying about my application?

thanks

JOECHAKS
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:23 pm
Location: KENT
Zimbabwe

Re: delay?

Post by JOECHAKS » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:07 pm

0818688 wrote:Dear all,

I applied on 01/11/2012 and did my Biometric on 09/01/2013 and received noting yet! do i need to start worrying about my application?

thanks

You are not that far away now have just found my biometric dates and have put them on my timeline as well I know it seems so long waiting I felt the same as well but it looks like they keep within the 6 months limit in most cases

babe_khyber
Member of Standing
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:41 pm
Location: ENGLAND UK

Re: delay?

Post by babe_khyber » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:13 pm

0818688 wrote:Dear all,

I applied on 01/11/2012 and did my Biometric on 09/01/2013 and received noting yet! do i need to start worrying about my application?

thanks
Don`t worry after biometrics its take moor time about 6 to 8 week to decision I think its improve services now after submitting application within 2 to 4 week biometrics were received some friend`s this is my personal experience I applied last year in august and received bio in mid of November and finally ILR granted 18 feb 2013 but one of my friend who is applied in 13 march he got biometrics on 28th march 2013 its seems to me is improve case working at home office I think this information is will be helpful for you. Good luck
babe khyber

0818688
Newly Registered
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:23 am

Re: delay?

Post by 0818688 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:23 pm

JOECHAKS wrote:
0818688 wrote:Dear all,

I applied on 01/11/2012 and did my Biometric on 09/01/2013 and received noting yet! do i need to start worrying about my application?

thanks

You are not that far away now have just found my biometric dates and have put them on my timeline as well I know it seems so long waiting I felt the same as well but it looks like they keep within the 6 months limit in most cases

thanks very much i hope it comes soon

Peterpan81
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:45 am
Location: UK

Post by Peterpan81 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Does anyone know roughly how long usually does it take after Biometrics submission to have the decision?

You could see from people's experiences it's anything between 6-12 weeks
Anyone from Nov/Dec Group applicants recieved their BRP ?
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

yes86
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:38 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by yes86 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Hey everyone..

Here is the timeline for my application

Submitted on the 03-01-2013
Fingerprint invitation was sent 28-01-2013 (however my name was spelt incorrectly. I called them and was told to wait three weeks for another finger print invitation)
Received the second invitation on 09-02-2013
submitted fingerprint on 12-02-2013.
Today i received my ILR decision dated 28-03-2013.

I know compared to most of you, i got it back pretty fast but i have one small tip for those who are about to submit their application. It would be handy if you include a CRB clearance with your application. Since there is a whole section in the SET application asks about conviction and stuff, i included a CRB with mine. This might have had some impact on my application.

Good luck to all of you..
Last edited by yes86 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peterpan81
Junior Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:45 am
Location: UK

Post by Peterpan81 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:54 pm

yes86 wrote:Hey everyone..

Here is the timeline for my application

Submitted on the 03-01-2013
Fingerprint invitation was sent 28-01-2013 (however my name was spelt incorrectly. I called them and was told to wait three weeks for another finger print invitation)
Received the second invitation on 09-02-2013
submitted fingerprint on 12-02-2013.
Today i received my ILR decision dated 28-03-2013.

I know compared to most of you, i got it back pretty fast but i have one small tip for those who are about to submit their application. It would be handy if you include a full CRB check with your application. Since there is a whole section in the SET application asks about conviction and stuff, i included a CRB with mine. This might have had some impact on my application.

Good luck to all of you..
Congrats.....
As you said it varies, but good suggestion for those who have CRB clearance in hand.
Let's hope things go well
I submitted my Biometrics 05/02/2013
Hi I would like to join this forum for the benefit of myself and others

ibrahimfareed
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:48 am

hi

Post by ibrahimfareed » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:13 am

hi all. I heard that the uk border agency will be merged under the home office. Will this affect the time of processing protection route applications?

regards
ibrahim

TheUnitedKingdomFamily
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:59 am

WAITING AND WAITING??????????

Post by TheUnitedKingdomFamily » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:06 am

Hi people,

This is what I went through.

Submitted initial application - 01-02-13 GOT THE INVITE for Fingers 15-02-13 and finally got the IRL 16-03-13.

It differs a lot i have a friend who done it all in two weeks! So do not be too much fussied about time, for as long as you have done the right things at the right time, you will be all fine at the end.

Thank you Officer Little

babe_khyber
Member of Standing
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:41 pm
Location: ENGLAND UK

Re: WAITING AND WAITING??????????

Post by babe_khyber » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:14 am

TheUnitedKingdomFamily wrote:Hi people,

This is what I went through.

Submitted initial application - 01-02-13 GOT THE INVITE for Fingers 15-02-13 and finally got the IRL 16-03-13.

It differs a lot i have a friend who done it all in two weeks! So do not be too much fussied about time, for as long as you have done the right things at the right time, you will be all fine at the end.

Thank you Officer Little
Congratulation to all of them who`s got ILR. Its good news for set protection route applicants in the past we have long waiting about 6 month to get ILR but at movement one of my friend sent application on the 13th of march and got biometrics letter on 28th march. Its seems to me that good news for all of applicant`s and I hope the home office will changing travel document processing as well quicker. Now I am waiting to travel document but I don`t know what is happening lets see.
best wishes for the rest.
babe khyber

Post Reply
cron