ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Please use this section of the board for queries about Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). However please use the EEA-route section for queries about the EEA-route equivalent of Permanent Residence (PR).


This section is relevant irrespective of whether current status is Tiered or Non-Tiered.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

doodoo2012
Junior Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:46 pm

Post by doodoo2012 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:24 pm

[quote="Ganta"]I have joined the queue like you guys,posted Set protection this week.Waiting for acknowledgment letter.Good luck to all of us.[/quote]

Hi Ganta,

When did you apply ?

Ganta
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:54 am

Post by Ganta » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:13 pm

last week.

tab0287
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:53 pm
Location: uk

Post by tab0287 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi guys,
hope you're all good.
I've just joined the forum but was reading posts here since September.Still not sure if my post will appear in the right place.
So, a little familiar with some of you.
I sent my application(set protection route) on the 20th of August and still waiting, no acknowledgment letter.

festronaut
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Post by festronaut » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:25 pm

tab0287 wrote:Hi guys,
hope you're all good.
I've just joined the forum but was reading posts here since September.Still not sure if my post will appear in the right place.
So, a little familiar with some of you.
I sent my application(set protection route) on the 20th of August and still waiting, no acknowledgment letter.
Hello tab0287,
Welcome. On basis of my limited knowledge and exposure, I could say according to the overall statistics that you could expect your biometric letter (which is also the acknowledgement letter) by the end of November. Though some got it much too earlier :)

tab0287
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:53 pm
Location: uk

Hello

Post by tab0287 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:26 pm

hi festronaut, thak you for welcoming me in here.

I have checked the delivery status of my application through post office tracking service which confirmed that it was delivered the very next day, sadly I lost the post office receipt and it was only my proof of sending my paperwork in. Today I just hope they have it. What do you think about it?

rukia888
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:57 pm

Re: Mode of delivery of Biometric request

Post by rukia888 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:08 pm

festronaut wrote:
festronaut wrote:
rukia888 wrote:Hi mshasan24, thanks for your help. Sorry to confused you there, i didnt mention that my application is the SET(Protction route) as well, 5 years of refugee status or the other. I can't remember now. I sent my application form off in June n just had the. Invitation to get my fingers print done and it is free Cos I just had it done on. Monday. Now I'm just waiting for their decision now.
Any good new from ur side? Hope all of us don't have to wait much longer :)
P.s I didn't get the acknowledge letter just the invitation to get biometric info done
Hello rukia888, Did you get the biometric request letter by registered post or by normal post?
Hi festronaut, sorry late reply. My biomerric didn't come with recorded delivery which I found really odd. Still waiting for their decision. Any good new from your side?

Good luck guys :)

rukia888
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:57 pm

Re: Hello

Post by rukia888 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:11 pm

tab0287 wrote:hi festronaut, thak you for welcoming me in here.

I have checked the delivery status of my application through post office tracking service which confirmed that it was delivered the very next day, sadly I lost the post office receipt and it was only my proof of sending my paperwork in. Today I just hope they have it. What do you think about it?
If you send it with next day delivery then they should received it next day. :)

tab0287
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:53 pm
Location: uk

Post by tab0287 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi everyone,
Today I received a biometric enrolment letter, it is dated 5 October. It says you have to do it in 15 working days. I hope it is not late.why it took them so long to send it. By the way it came by normal post

festronaut
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Post by festronaut » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:19 pm

tab0287 wrote:Hi everyone,
Today I received a biometric enrolment letter, it is dated 5 October. It says you have to do it in 15 working days. I hope it is not late.why it took them so long to send it. By the way it came by normal post
I'm happy for you. Hope u have already done with that. :)

festronaut
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: Mode of delivery of Biometric request

Post by festronaut » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:21 pm

Its ridiculous that they don't send the biometric letter in recorded delivery.

mirna
Junior Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Post by mirna » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:00 pm

hi guys, hope you all doing good. I have sent my application in mid september and no answer till now, i am a bit worried. Congratulagion for those who got their ilr.

doodoo2012
Junior Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:46 pm

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi all,
Finally my biometric turnned up on the 22/10 and dated 2/10. Thank God I managed to do it before the end of the 15 working day limit. BUT my wife biometric did not come so I called them and they told me it was sent same time as mine and could have gone missing. So now we are waiting for her. They told me up to 4 weeks it could take.

I hope this feedback useful.

festronaut
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Post by festronaut » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:00 pm

doodoo2012 wrote:Hi all,
Finally my biometric turnned up on the 22/10 and dated 2/10. Thank God I managed to do it before the end of the 15 working day limit. BUT my wife biometric did not come so I called them and they told me it was sent same time as mine and could have gone missing. So now we are waiting for her. They told me up to 4 weeks it could take.

I hope this feedback useful.
Happy for you doodoo2012. Hopefully, you will receive ur wife's biometric soon. Check it with the local delivery centre (both current and previous address). :)

festronaut
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Post by festronaut » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:01 pm

mirna wrote:hi guys, hope you all doing good. I have sent my application in mid september and no answer till now, i am a bit worried. Congratulagion for those who got their ilr.
Welcome mirna. Don't worry for september application. It could come at any time (approximately 3 months, but some get it too early). Take it easy.

doodoo2012
Junior Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:46 pm

Post by doodoo2012 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:00 pm

[quote="festronaut"][quote="doodoo2012"]Hi all,
Finally my biometric turnned up on the 22/10 and dated 2/10. Thank God I managed to do it before the end of the 15 working day limit. BUT my wife biometric did not come so I called them and they told me it was sent same time as mine and could have gone missing. So now we are waiting for her. They told me up to 4 weeks it could take.

I hope this feedback useful.[/quote]

Happy for you doodoo2012. Hopefully, you will receive ur wife's biometric soon. Check it with the local delivery centre (both current and previous address). :)[/quote]

Thank you dude, I have checked nothing arrived here on the old address. I already called and after the usual waiting 30 mins, they said we will send new one out ... so loads of praying and fingers crossed.

festronaut
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: Mode of delivery of Biometric request

Post by festronaut » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:50 pm

rukia888 wrote:
festronaut wrote:
festronaut wrote:
rukia888 wrote:Hi mshasan24, thanks for your help. Sorry to confused you there, i didnt mention that my application is the SET(Protction route) as well, 5 years of refugee status or the other. I can't remember now. I sent my application form off in June n just had the. Invitation to get my fingers print done and it is free Cos I just had it done on. Monday. Now I'm just waiting for their decision now.
Any good new from ur side? Hope all of us don't have to wait much longer :)
P.s I didn't get the acknowledge letter just the invitation to get biometric info done
Hello rukia888, Did you get the biometric request letter by registered post or by normal post?
Hi festronaut, sorry late reply. My biomerric didn't come with recorded delivery which I found really odd. Still waiting for their decision. Any good new from your side?

Good luck guys :)
Any Update Rukia?

mirna
Junior Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Post by mirna » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:40 pm

hi all! Thankx frestonaut for ur reply.i am still waiting for the biometrics. You think the whole process take 3 months or the biometrics?

festronaut
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Post by festronaut » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:59 pm

mirna wrote:hi all! Thankx frestonaut for ur reply.i am still waiting for the biometrics. You think the whole process take 3 months or the biometrics?
On average the whole process is taking 4 months and 2 weeks. For many, Biometrics is by 3 months (though some got it much more earlier. Hopefully, you will be among those lucky.

mirna
Junior Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:51 pm

Post by mirna » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:16 pm

thx festronaut, so i have still time then, it's not even 2month yet since i applied for set. What about u , what r u waiting for, The biometric or the ilr?

mshasan24
Newbie
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:27 am
Location: Glasgow
Contact:

updates

Post by mshasan24 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:22 am

Hello

I want update you about my case

I have submitted my application on 24 August 2012
UKBA have received my application on 28 August 2012
have received Biometric letter from UKBA on 12 October 2012
Gave my biometric details on 19 October 2012 to a post office

Important Information

for those of you who have been granted LLR Refugees Status on their first asylum application, you have to know that the Biometric post service is free of charge for you, that means you should not pay the fees which is around 19 pound, if how ever you did not receive the biometric invitation letter with the bar code and the post office have charged you because your letters were without bar code you are eligible for refund.

you just need to write a letter to the UKBA and attach the copy of the post office receipts and send them to the liverpool address, make sure to mention on your letter that you need that payments to be refunded back because the service was free of charge for you, and they will refund that money back to you.

Again I will strongly advice for those who are applying the ILR set protection to seek a legal adviser, because what I have learn t through this process is if you apply without getting a help from a legal expert than it may cause you a bit of delays, for example if you use a legal expert like the Law Center they will give you an official letter which will help you that your benefit will not stop or if you are working they will write you a letter explaining that you have a full right to work and claim any benefit while your decision is pending, and the most important thing about the legal experts is they will be an address for you for example if you move from your house you don't need to worry as every letter from the UKBA will paralytically will be posted both you and them that means you have second reserve chance and finally they may get bit respect.

Post Reply
cron