ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short Term Study Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pinotwhite
Newly Registered

Short Term Study Visa

Post by Pinotwhite » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:24 pm

Hello everyone,

Fresh here, please let me know if I am posting in the wrong category.

Background - I have completed a Bachelor in 2014, Tier 5 2014-2016 and then completed a Master (level 7) in 2018, I then went back to my home country for a week then came back as a tourist where I can stay for 6 months. I have now found a short course that I can apply for a short term study visa which is level 7.

My question is I know if I apply for Tier 4(General) I need to study something a higher level on my previous study, but I was told that it does not apply on the short term study visa, and I also could not find this rule on the government short term study visa guidance. I have received the offer letter stated I will be doing a level 7 course accredited by ASIC, but panicking where the application will be refused because of the same level of study.

Many thanks!!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Short Term Study Visa

Post by sah10406 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:56 pm

Pinotwhite wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:24 pm
My question is I know if I apply for Tier 4(General) I need to study something a higher level on my previous study, but I was told that it does not apply on the short term study visa, and I also could not find this rule on the government short term study visa guidance. I have received the offer letter stated I will be doing a level 7 course accredited by ASIC, but panicking where the application will be refused because of the same level of study.
As you were told, the level of the course is not relevant to a Short Term Student Visa application.

I would be more concerned about your genuineness and credibility as a Short-Term student. Your immigration history may suggest that you are trying to live in the UK on a series of different visas. Perhaps you are!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Pinotwhite
Newly Registered

Post by Pinotwhite » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:27 pm

The thing is, I only need three more months to compete my 10 years time in the UK for the ILR. When I read the short term study visa guidance, they have to consider whether I am a genuine student which I have been and had a first class honour... But as you said, I am concerned and panicking whether they would approve the visa.
sah10406 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:56 pm
Pinotwhite wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:24 pm
As you were told, the level of the course is not relevant to a Short Term Student Visa application.

I would be more concerned about your genuineness and credibility as a Short-Term student. Your immigration history may suggest that you are trying to live in the UK on a series of different visas. Perhaps you are!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Pinotwhite wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:27 pm
The thing is, I only need three more months to compete my 10 years time in the UK for the ILR. When I read the short term study visa guidance, they have to consider whether I am a genuine student which I have been and had a first class honour... But as you said, I am concerned and panicking whether they would approve the visa.
So it sounds like you are not a genuine visitor right now either.

None of this has anything to do with Tier 4, so perhaps this topic can be moved to ILR?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:37 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:22 pm
Pinotwhite wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:27 pm
So it sounds like you are not a genuine visitor right now either.

None of this has anything to do with Tier 4, so perhaps this topic can be moved to ILR?
Moved.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.