ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some queries about ILR on Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Draslamkamal48
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Some queries about ILR on Tier 2

Post by Draslamkamal48 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:57 am

Hello Friends
I have a few queries regarding application for ILR on Tier 2 general migrant category
I came to UK on Tier 2 General Migrant Visa as Doctor. i worked for an NHS Trust in Wales for a period of 5 months. Then I changed employer And moved to a different and got another Tier 2 General migrant visa valid for 2 years. this second tier 2 visa was extended for period of 3 years.

My 5 years from 1st entry into UK on a tier 2 visa is completing on 5th December. My current Tier 2 is valid till May 2020.

My questions are

1. Is my 5 Years started from my first entry in UK on a Tier 2 Visa or do my 5 years need to be with same employer because if i count from my first tier 2 visa, it completes by 5th December and if I count my 5 years with my current employer then it completes by May 2020. So in other words can I apply now or do I have to wait till end of my current valid Tier 2 General migrant category, because my 5 years on Tier 2 has been split between 2 different NHS employers

2. As far as absences are concerned, my total absences come out to be 105 days spread over these 5 years. Since I work in an NHS trust where we do self rostering as senior doctors, we dont have to apply for leave when going somewhere as we can travel anywhere in our non rostered days. So as evidence of absences can I attach my passport entry and exit stamps during this time or do I still need a letter to that respect.

3. With the life in UK test, do I still need to give any other English language test or not. I had cleared UKVI Academic IELTS when i first entered into UK on a Tier 2 visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Some queries about ILR on Tier 2

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:13 am

1. You can apply for ILR no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the initial visa ISSUE date. It is not the date of entry that starts the ILR clock.

2. You need an employer letter stating your absences.

3. You need English B1. Usually Academic is not sufficient. You need the Life Skills or GESE per link below.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.2019.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _tests.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Draslamkamal48
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Draslamkamal48 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:04 pm

Thankyou very much for the reply. So the start date should be the date of 1st entry in UK, or the date of issuance of first Biometric Resident Permit.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:14 pm

Draslamkamal48 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:04 pm
Thankyou very much for the reply. So the start date should be the date of 1st entry in UK, or the date of issuance of first Biometric Resident Permit.
Was my response unclear??
CR001 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:13 am
1. You can apply for ILR no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the initial visa ISSUE date. It is not the date of entry that starts the ILR clock.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Draslamkamal48
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Draslamkamal48 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:56 pm

I asked it for a reason. For the very first time a sticker was affixed to passport for entry to UK on Tier 2 and that was valid for 30 days. I was told that i have to collect my and family BRP from a particular post office. So the date of issuance of that 30 days first entry sticker is different from date of 1st issuance of BRP. Thats why i asked.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:14 pm

I did clearly state the INITIAL visa issue date and not the BRP issue date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Draslamkamal48 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:56 pm
The date on ur approval letter or visa vignette.
The BRP issuance date should not be considered as if you ever lost it and reapplied for a new one the issue date would not be in past.
For PBS applicants the time starts from date of visa approval.