ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse ILR application question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akrcuk
Newly Registered
India

Spouse ILR application question

Post by akrcuk » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:56 pm

Hi,

I have read through the posts here and I think I have understood this right, but could use another confirmation from experienced folks on this forum.

I received my ILR (through Tier-2 route, 5 yrs presence) on 15-Jul-19.

I am planning to apply for spouse's ILR but she has a slightly more complicated situation.
Her first Tier-2 Dependent visa (from outside UK) was issued on 19-Nov-2014 (valid till 15-Oct-2016)
She entered UK on 22-Dec-2014.
The visa was renewed (alongwith mine) to new dates (Issued 12-Oct-2016, valid till 26-10-2019). Her travel outside UK is negligible (max 20-30 days total)
*Q1* When is she eligible to apply for ILR?
My understanding is that she completes her 5 years on 18-Nov-2019 and thus can submit application on 22-Oct-2019 (4 days before her current BRP expires).

We had a child in August 2019, born in UK (after my ILR was granted)
*Q2* Is the child directly eligible for British citizenship?
My understanding is that the child is eligible for citizenship based on my settled status.

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Spouse ILR application question

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:45 pm

Yes she can apply on 22nd Oct 2019. Your child is British (born in UK to a settled parent) so you can directly apply for his passport
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

akrcuk
Newly Registered
India

Re: Spouse ILR application question

Post by akrcuk » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:13 pm

Thanks Zimba. We will proceed with the application accordingly.