ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kdiglas78
Newly Registered

Spouse ILR

Post by kdiglas78 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:38 pm

Hi all,

I’m a UK citizen.

My wife entered the UK on a spouse visa on 16 March 2015.

We renewed her visa in Oct 2017, which runs until July 2020 (33 months).

We are applying for ILR using Set(M) as she is on the 5 year route.

Am I right in assuming that she can submit her application 28 days before completion of 5 years from date of entry? So 19 February 2020?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse ILR

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:54 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

kdiglas78
Newly Registered

“Other reasons”

Post by kdiglas78 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:16 pm

Hi

Just completing the Set(M) ILR application for my wife on the 5-year route.

At the end it asks if there are any other reasons she wants to remain in the UK. We have 2 kids together that are UK citizens and live with us permanently. Would it be valid to explain that their mother remaining in the UK is for their benefit, or is this box for other things? Earlier in the form, it had already asked if we have any kids, but it did not ask for any more details.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Spouse ILR

Post by zimba » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:06 am

NO need to add anything
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice