ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa, when to apply for settlement ILR online?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

greging
Newly Registered

spouse visa, when to apply for settlement ILR online?

Post by greging » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:07 pm

My spouse visa was valid from 1/5/2016 and I arrived in the UK on 1/6/2016. I renewed my spouse visa in 1/2020 and it will end in Sep this year.

When is the earliest date that I am eligible to apply for the ILR? The government website says exact 5 years before I can apply. So this is 1/6/2021. But another document on calculation of continuous duration says 28 days before this. So it is 2/5/2021. Which one should I follow? I saw some website says from the date when the first spouse visa is issued (no government website). This is quite confusing.

Thank you very much!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: spouse visa, when to apply for settlement ILR online?

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:25 pm

You can apply online no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date you entered the UK.

The "calculating continuous residence" guidance is not relevant to a spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: spouse visa, when to apply for settlement ILR online?

Post by Korekt » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:41 am

greging wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:07 pm
My spouse visa was valid from 1/5/2016 and I arrived in the UK on 1/6/2016. I renewed my spouse visa in 1/2020 and it will end in Sep this year.

When is the earliest date that I am eligible to apply for the ILR? The government website says exact 5 years before I can apply. So this is 1/6/2021. But another document on calculation of continuous duration says 28 days before this. So it is 2/5/2021. Which one should I follow? I saw some website says from the date when the first spouse visa is issued (no government website). This is quite confusing.

Thank you very much!
Are there discrepancies with the dates you've listed?

On what date did the visa that was valid from "1/5/2016" expire and when was the application to renew it submitted and granted?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."